It's Just Wrong (youtube link)

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

My parents would pull that kinda shit all the time. (Scare us w/ firecrackers, masks, prank calls... etc) Just like their parents did.

Once my dad unplugged the garbage dissposal. (without me knowing) And asked me to pull something out of it cause i Have small hands. Once my hand was in there he hit the switch and yelled. I allmost hit the ceiling!!!

HARMLESS FUN in my book.

One of my favorites is riding in the car with someone, placing your hand on the cigarette lighter for a few moments (like yer warming it up but don't) and then pull it out quickly and stick it to their arm. People scream everytime guaranteed.

please to tell us more anecdotes like this.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I did this to my 7 year old daughter a few months back. She screamed and then started laughing her ass off. She also promised to "get me back real good". Folks...take a deep breath and relax.

• I did this to my 7 year old daughter a few months back. She screamed and then started laughing her ass off. She also promised to "get me back real good". Folks...take a deep breath and relax.

What if she'd burst into tears and become inconsolable like the boy in the movie? It doesn't appear that he "laughed his ass off."

• Once my dad unplugged the garbage dissposal. (without me knowing) And asked me to pull something out of it cause i Have small hands. Once my hand was in there he hit the switch and yelled. I allmost hit the ceiling!!!

Now THAT is fucked up.

I have secret fear of the garbage disposal.

• Please note the previous video viewed before this one.

That's YOUR previously viewed video.

It was Can Paperhouse "Live at the Beat Club" -- peep it.

I did this to my 7 year old daughter a few months back. She screamed and then started laughing her ass off. She also promised to "get me back real good". Folks...take a deep breath and relax.

What if she'd burst into tears and become inconsolable like the boy in the movie? It doesn't appear that he "laughed his ass off."

I know my daughter well enough to know that wouldn't be her reaction.

• I did this to my 7 year old daughter a few months back. She screamed and then started laughing her ass off. She also promised to "get me back real good". Folks...take a deep breath and relax.

Good for you (seriously).

But I get the feeling that this dude knew his step-son well enough to know that this *would* be his reaction. And his rush to post it on the fucking internet is the worst of all possible looks.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    all you butt hurt people should shutup read the comments about the video (with the exception of Ross cause he's cool, cool people don't have to shutup, hahaha)

"Chad pranking his future step son Justice with my scary maze game, wrong but funny! Everyone had a good laugh after it was over (Justice & Chad)"

what's the big deal, the kids a crybaby, he got over it and laughed apparantly. I know plenty of kids that cry at the drop of a hat, doesn't mean you shouldn't have fun with em. My mom used to hide behind corners and scare the SHIT out of me when I was little...I got her back though...every time she'd be backing out of a tight alley or something I'd yell "WATCH OUT YOU'RE GONNA HIT THE STREET" and she'd slam on her brakes and get PISSED hahaha.

• Once my dad unplugged the garbage dissposal. (without me knowing) And asked me to pull something out of it cause i Have small hands. Once my hand was in there he hit the switch and yelled. I allmost hit the ceiling!!!

Now THAT is fucked up.

I have secret fear of the garbage disposal.

I think of that scene in "parents"....

But I get the feeling that this dude knew his step-son well enough to know that this *would* be his reaction. And his rush to post it on the fucking internet is the worst of all possible looks.

I agree 100%. I'm sure that's why he had the camera rolling. Had I even thought for a split second that she would react like that I would've never showed it to her, but based on past experiences I knew she would like it. Now this dude on the other hand seemed like he got a kick out of the kids??? reaction. That coupled w/ him posting it on the net a few days later is a real low life move.

Yeah, that's the deal. it seems knew his kid couldn't handle it. There's an underlying maliciousness in the video. I doubt the kid laughed it off later.

People saying "relax" are people without kids.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I don't have kids, but if I did, I would probably mess with them in a similar fashion. Not just because it's funny either. I think people need to be teased like this to a certain extent, especialy when they are young, and by people that love them. It prepares them for the rest of their life. I would explain to my children that a lot worse things are going to happen to them in their life then being scared by a maze/excorcist gag. If a kid can't handle a little prank then they aren't ready for the real world (moves) or any of the people that lie within.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I think people need to be teased like this to a certain extent, especialy when they are young, and by people that love them. It prepares them for the rest of their life.

Why not take all your child's toys and throw them in a dumpster, because he/she needs to understand that there are theives out there? Or you could sneak up and smack your child on the head with a nightstick, then follow it up with an explanation on how some thugs and criminals randomly attack innocent people? Fuck it, just drop your kid off at Grandma's and take off for good... after all, getting abandoned by those you care about is very common in the real world.

I think you lack the intelligence/critical-thinking skills to be teaching children anything.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

I think people need to be teased like this to a certain extent, especialy when they are young, and by people that love them. It prepares them for the rest of their life.

Why not take all your child's toys and throw them in a dumpster, because he/she needs to understand that there are theives out there? Or you could sneak up and smack your child on the head with a nightstick, then follow it up with an explanation on how some thugs and criminals randomly attack innocent people? Fuck it, just drop your kid off at Grandma's and take off for good... after all, getting abandoned by those you care about is very common in the real world.

I think you lack the intelligence/critical-thinking skills to be teaching children anything.
    jeebus

• my dad would do shit like that all the time...the worst is when we would have a mouse in the house and he would make me put the mousetraps in the small places he couldnt reach (he was 6'10" 300 lbs) and he would clap loud as hell everytime I was about to set it down, scaring the shit outta me.

some of y'all are so thenthuhtive.

child abuse? good grief...

• One time my dad bought me a new computer and then he followed it with '...If this computer get's stolen i'll rip your little titties off..' So he hid the fucking thing so when i got home, it was gone. He came out looking all mad and was all like "IT'S BEEN STOLEN" I fell on the ground and had a nervous fit and couldnt' stop shaking and shit, He was sorry but he couldn't stop laughing at me on the ground shaking and crying. fin.

I was pointing out that scaring kids is not "productive," it's immature. Somtimes playing tricks on people is funny and sometimes it's just mean or sadistic (and somtimes it comes with painful consequences... just ask my old roommate how many bruises I left on him after he hid in my closet late at night to scare me), but being able to tell the difference (i.e. when it's appropriate and when it's not) is the adult's responsibility. When children are raised by irresponsible adults, their own sense of personal responsibility often suffers.

(and somtimes it comes with painful consequences... just ask my old roommate how many bruises I left on him after he hid in my closet late at night to scare me)

so physical abuse is ok, just not mean spirited teasing...got it

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I fell on the ground and had a nervous fit and couldnt' stop shaking and shit, He was sorry but he couldn't stop laughing at me on the ground shaking and crying. fin.

okay now thats A little creepy.
    if someone falls to the ground and has a seizure...not cool.

(and somtimes it comes with painful consequences... just ask my old roommate how many bruises I left on him after he hid in my closet late at night to scare me)

My roommate was not a child, dude. I'm starting to think some of you are bending over backwards to justify it because you secretly feel guilty about laughing.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    That was funny as hell...I bet if jaymack was a high-profile strutter, you all would be rolling, laughing your ass off. "Oh that was hillarious! thanks for posting that!" LOL

• high-profile strutter

That's an oxymoron, right?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    What about Soulstrut royalty?

• What about Soulstrut royalty?

The King Kamehameha of Soulstrut!

• i really couldnt even watch this after i saw some of the comments and then heard how innocent the kid sounded at the start of the video. you all say what you want, but this isn't how i would treat my kids. then again, i didn't exactly have a normal, trusting relationship with both of my parents so maybe that accounts for my different sentiments.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Here's a clip with adults being scared to balance things out.
    Clip

My roommate was not a child, dude. I'm starting to think some of you are bending over backwards to justify it because you secretly feel guilty about laughing.

sorry I forgot to add [/sarcasm], but really if your roomate wasn't a child then it's a pretty bad comparison, no?

And I don't feel guilty at all, the kids a crybaby, I've seen a million of em. There were kids in school that cried when they got scared, kids that got mad, and kids that laughed...different emotional reactions to the same shit. Who cares, scared people are funny.

sorry I forgot to add [/sarcasm], but really if your roomate wasn't a child then it's a pretty bad comparison, no?

And I don't feel guilty at all, the kids a crybaby, I've seen a million of em. There were kids in school that cried when they got scared, kids that got mad, and kids that laughed...different emotional reactions to the same shit. Who cares, scared people are funny.

You're right, I guess that didn't have anything to do with what I was talking about. It just popped into my head while I was typing. And I agree that scared people can be funny, but I think I am more sensitive (or thenthitive, as someone so eloquently put it) to seeing it happen to children. I'm sure it has something to do with the Early Childhood Education and psychology classes I've taken, as well as the fact that I work with children professionally.

• My mom used to hide behind corners and scare the SHIT out of me when I was little.

My kids still haven't learned to step cautiously near corners... Muhahahaha!

They laugh though. Or at least don't cry.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    trying to justify this as being acceptable in any way is totally wrong...I'm sure the kid laughed it off later,but i would assume that was when he realissed that if he didn't he would be "not getting it" or "being a bit of a wuss", or something like that. It is complete bullshit and step dad is a fuckwad...period!