Whatcha listening to right now?

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

They put they foot in that motherfucker!!!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Is that the copy I showed you the link for? Such a dope record...

• Yusef Lateef-The Gentle Giant

• Aw man, the next to last track on there..."El Roacho" I think....fuck. I used to listen to that song 10 times in a row. Cottdammit now I'm gonna have to find that one when I get home.

• Is that the copy I showed you the link for? Such a dope record...

it sure is. Mucho thanks, I rocked the cd of it for so long which was mixed poorly. The og sounds great and it sparked my love for all things B.A.G. Next up: the under the sun OG

Rad.

• why this album have such a poor sound ...?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

Aw man, the next to last track on there..."El Roacho" I think....fuck. I used to listen to that song 10 times in a row. Cottdammit now I'm gonna have to find that one when I get home.

wow that record sucked SO hard compared to previous outings it was truely sad. Though shockingly enough Shapes was even WORSE... yikes

it's all abotu this one right here:

"This Eclipse" was a cool ep, I can't believe you think "exploded drawings" sucks, but hey to each their own I guess.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    jim sullivan-ufo

i got exploded when it dropped.. one listen... maybe two.. sat in my bins for years.. sold it a few years ago.. so in retrospect i never really gave it much chance

but it was tough.. this eclipse and For todays active lifestlyes were on near daily rotation for me for YEARS.. so exploded had alot to live up to...

i would peep again if given the chance

I hear ya, "today's active lifestyles" was a great record. Thats a band I only saw once live and unfortunately is was toward's the end, I thought "shapes" was weak too. Wish I would've caught em live in their prime.

fuck yeah... insanity

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I dig all the Polvo records, but TODAY'S ACTIVE LIFESTYLES was the clear standout

REALLY surprised so many folks on here even know of them, I didn't think they were that known nationwide

The first 'real' show I ever went to

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    don't sleep on

this is what i'm listening to right now...

polvo appreciation thread right hurr

yeah they were huge for me and my pals at the time... circa 1993 - 95.. those were my prime mathrockin indy days...

here's a link to a live clip of the dudes who i was in a band with at that time...you tell me if you cant STILL see the polvo infulence... incidently this dude is a sick sick drummer

http://www.cjlo.com/sonics/sessions/noa/...arctica-(SO.wmv

core crane was dope too.. is that the one where he's like "i just bought a sitar so be prepared" or some shit... i cant find my copy of the first polvo on jesus christ anymore... somebody bogarted that ish

• That one is good, the last one I got by them. I always preferred the first, s/t one though because of the live drumming. I love that sound.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley "The Super Super Blues Band"

ITS FRIDAY BATCHES!!!!!!!!!!

• Corny cover, corny title, great music.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

so ill

• I'm listening to the cogs in my brain turn very slowly.

1200 words to go on this article.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I'm listening to the cogs in my brain turn very slowly.

1200 words to go on this article.

Man I know that sound all too well.
    I'm listening to the washing machine right now.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• OH SH&T

Noz raids the spymania crates!!!! Fresh from the experimental drum & bass days circa 1996.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    1968 Boston psych: The Freeborne - Inside People

• Rat now I'm checkin' some dank tunes at the club/venue I work at. I had to be here at 5:00 to meet with their "light tech/smoke/fog guy." They have their own sound guy so I get to chill til' the crunchy grooves are over and break the stage down.

I'm in Bob Marley orbit.

• They just started playing "Sabatoge."