Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    man i was just listening to sharpling and wurster rightn ow.. uncanny

• that guy sounds like a royal prick.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    that guy sounds like a royal prick.

he sure does. not very well spoken on the radio either. or perhaps the stuttering and silences are due to his crack in the jaw.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    "Tom's jaw, how are you doing?"

Classic - this guy is an asshole.

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

sidenote, i think i heard a casio ambulance tone in the background

• Another sidenote, Marco did not run into my shop and jump over the counter and into my arms. I guess he don't luh me.

Then again, maybe he just hadn't started on the sauce yet...

• "You gotta go act like a banana?"

• "You gotta go act like a banana?"

This seems like it should be a line from a song on Slump & Grind 2

• is he insinuating that people shouldnt drink? that's just plain irresponsible.

anyways, he's the dummy for trying to catch you.

• This dude needs to wipe the sand out of his vagina and get over it.

How old is this guy? Like 50+??? "Twitch in my back" and "click in my jaw"???? Fuck. Walk that shit off!!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    you guys are missing the boat... this is my favorite show on WFMU and the only radio that makes me laugh out loud...

• you guys are missing the boat... this is my favorite show on WFMU and the only radio that makes me laugh out loud...

have you heard the Rock Rot & Rule cd with Tom? i think Marco is impersonating Ronald Thomas Clontle

maybe i got to re-up that. so so funny

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    you guys are missing the boat... this is my favorite show on WFMU and the only radio that makes me laugh out loud...

have you heard the Rock Rot & Rule cd with Tom? i think Marco is impersonating Ronald Thomas Clontle

maybe i got to re-up that. so so funny

yes, that shit is funny as hell... i love when he trashes bands... the time he took like 10 minutes to listen to the whole Ryan Adams catalog was classic... "oh, ok, so this is his T-Rex record, GREAT... next..."

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Tom Scharpling's delivery of "Get off my phone!" was as masterful as Mel Gibson's delivery with the statement "Give me back my son!"

• Damn Marco, you were really nice to this old fart on the phone. I was hoping to hear you gave him a fair one. You messed up his jaw a little, so what?! Quit your bitching, you glass jawed dusty ol'cocksucker!

I repeat, will he sue you for your soundsystem?

• hey, marco. i'm pleased to report that i suffered no injuries that same night when you jumped into my lap. but my pride was slightly wounded when you disappeared during my graveyard-shift dj slot.
    m

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    "What, you can't hold your liquor?"

"I can hold people!"

An instant classic. Thanks Marco... can we see the pictures you're referring to?

DJ Ferrari

• hey, marco. i'm pleased to report that i suffered no injuries that same night when you jumped into my lap. but my pride was slightly wounded when you disappeared during my graveyard-shift dj slot.
    m

oops...uh...you noticed..?..ulp...

Well you can blame AlienIverson and Urrs for that - my two ladyfriends and I had an appointment on their guestlist at Southpaw that evening. But little did I know that said guestlist expired at 1am, as Urrs had emailed this info to my home computer only AFTER we were already on our way to NYC.

But I'm sorry man - I still enjoyed the tunes! And I recall dancing to your entire Thursday set - or at least hearing it all - so you can forgive me right?

• Tom Scharpling's delivery of "Get off my phone!" was as masterful as Mel Gibson's delivery with the statement "Give me back my son!"

Of course that's Tom's world-famous catchphrase. I do feel honored to have been GOMPed in such fine style.

"What, you can't hold your liquor?"

"I can hold people!"

An instant classic.

I thought that was a good one.

can we see the pictures you're referring to?

Go this gallery here:
    http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=lunzcgb.3lmwjwc7&x=0&y=-39oimc

and look at the last 5 or so pics on the top row of the gallery navigation bar. The chick is a girl we met from LA and the dude is my man Jacob from Chicago. As you can see I exaggerated a bit - Jacob isn't quite 250 lbs. But I do look in control don't I?

You've already seen me put Layla in a headlock but here it is once again in case you missed it:

And no I did not harm her in the least; in fact she invited me and Cowbwoy to spin up there again soon. Really great person.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    haha, I'm trying to picture how you jumped up on him.

was it a bear hug jump or one of those carry me w/ your arms like I'm a princess jumps?

dude sounds cranky, and very ass hurt.

• one of those carry me w/ your arms like I'm a princess jumps

You know how I roll. [shig]PRINCESS STYLE[/shig]

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this shit for real?

• this shit for real?

I'm ashamed to say yes.

Here are PMs I got from Tom when I got back to NC. Keep in mind I'd never met the dude before last weekend, just enjoyed his show.

Subject: You Jumped Into My Arms...

...when I wasnt ready for you. You also managed to elbow me in the jaw.

It's Sunday night and I've got a strained back, and my head hasnt stopped pounding.

I'd hate to see what you do to people you don't like!

Nice meeting you!

Tom!

Subject: Oh -
    Body: It's 2 AM on Monday morning and my head still hurts.

But now my jaw clicks when I chew.

Nice work!

Tom

• Marco my friend...you are

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you can't hold liquor...

well... I CAN HOLD PEOPLE!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU BURNED THAT ASSHOLE GOOD! hahahahaha

• Yeah, this guy is being a bit of a crybaby, but admittedly he does sound like he's about 50 or so.

On the other hand, why would you jump into some guy's arms? Who the fuck wants you to jump in their arms? Personally, if you jumped like that towards me, I would just let you fall on the floor. You're not 5 - actually, you're not even 25 - around you practically 40 too????

Guy is a crybaby, but "grown-ups" don't go jumping on other people, unless you're a naked chick (you're not). Especially "grown-ups" as old as you are.

Annoying as he is, guy is right, he's not the bad guy.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Marco, plaese delete PMs.

• Annoying as he is, guy is right, he's not the bad guy.

I agree. It was really stupid of me to pull that kind of drunken antic and I apologized profusely to Tom via PM as soon as I got back to NC. Luckily a mutual friend told me he had taken things in (relatively) good humor, though, so I called into his show mostly so he/we could make a "bit" out of the whole situation. Of course he did so in his typical curmudgeonly style, and I was happy to be a part of my favorite radio show in the process.

Yeah, you dudes who think he's a jerk or whatever should just listen to his show - that's just his schtick and he's pretty fucking genius at it IMO. I always laugh out loud when I listen.

• you're not even 25 - around you practically 40 too????

36 is NOT "practically 40."

Oh wait.

Fuck.

• you're not even 25 - around you practically 40 too????

36 is NOT "practically 40."

Oh wait.

Fuck.

It's ok. Let me give you my tailor's card.