Worst Price Tags?

2»

Comments

• The CD and Game Exchange in DC and Maryland has some pretty nasty stickers. They will come off nicely after applying a lighter to them. That's where I found my black sticker (ten cent) Hichache and Sir Joe Quarteman records a few years back.

• BAGATELLE: THE DIAMETER OF A ELEPHANTS BALLSAC.

ARONS: 5 TO 8 PRICE TAGS ON THE JACKET and THE LABEL.

• ARONS: 5 TO 8 PRICE TAGS ON THE JACKET and THE LABEL.

• The only price tag I left on was the .50 on my "Headless Heroes."

Showoff.

Yeah. Maybe I should show off the $860 Sprint phone bill I got in the mail today.

Ouch, I think Sprint has an unlimited plan... look into it gawd.

• Me and my boy were talking about the various tags from local shops... and that got me thinking.

The worst I think have got to be Princeton Record Exchange... So hard to take off that most folks just leave them on, then when I get in there with my lighter fluid and razor blade there's all this residue, it never really looks right. I've had problems with Amoeba & Rasputins tags but if you take em off while they're still fresh it's ok... amoeba tags turn to hardened rock after a few months though... add on

A good way to remove Princeton Record Exchange stickers is just hold a blow dryer to the sticker for a few minutes it come off pretty easy after that. I always take the record out off the jacket just in case, I dont know if it might warp the record.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    BAGATELLE: THE DIAMETER OF A ELEPHANTS BALLSAC.

another bad thing about those giant Bagatelle style stickers is that if they are on the cover for too long they leave a giant round stain.

I'd say the worst is finding stuff that has a large price written in ink on the cover. I bought a bunch of good psych records at a flea many years ago that all had a giant "$1.00" in sharpie across the front.

• I bought a bunch of good psych records at a flea many years ago that all had a giant "$1.00" in sharpie across the front.

[waxidermy]outsider artifact schitt[/waxidermy]

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I bought a bunch of good psych records at a flea many years ago that all had a giant "$1.00[/b]" in sharpie across the front.

[waxidermy]outsider artifact schitt[/waxidermy]

haha! I suppose I should relish such "quirkiness", but giant scrawl across OG Piper at the gates, and Soft Machine 1 was

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I hate when stores put a label on the cover that is a bitch to get off, then they put a sticker on one (sometimes both) sides of the records label overlapping the inner grooves. That shits a bitch to take off. Stores should give me $1 off for the time it takes to do that shit.

I also hate when you cop a bargain on a hot piece, then it's still got the $1 price tag on it when you're tryin' to do the hustle... dudes always be on some "but you got it for a buck" steeze...

peace.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Princeton Record Exchange is definitely the worst. Alright, one other place, but I'm not mentioning it.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    ARONS: 5 TO 8 PRICE TAGS ON THE JACKET and THE LABEL.

SLANDEROUS

but fuck that shit is true, I go through almost a half a thing of lighter fluid everytime I buy LP's from there

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I also hate when you cop a bargain on a hot piece, then it's still got the $1 price tag on it when you're tryin' to do the hustle... dudes always be on some "but you got it for a buck" steeze...

Always scan the other side of the 45 label when I sell'em on the 'bay.......

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Princeton Record Exchange

yeah. i mean, for having the reputation of being 'one of the best record stores on the east coast' .. you'd think they would find an alternative sticker method so that the sleeves of every used record they sell doesn't get ruined.

Their price tags have ALL of the store's contact info on them, too, which is probably the reason they could give an eff if people can't get the tags off or not. I have definitely flipped past a record in Philly w/ the Princeton tag on it and said to myself, "Man, I gotta get back out there..."

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Allied Records in Toledo.
    Worst. Pricetag. Ever.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Their price tags have ALL of the store's contact info on them, too, which is probably the reason they could give an eff if people can't get the tags off or not. I have definitely flipped past a record in Philly w/ the Princeton tag on it and said to myself, "Man, I gotta get back out there..."

I think we need to start a "furthest princeton record exchange tag sighting" thread. I used to see that shit in dc fairly regularly.

• I generally hate all big tags, a couple stores I've been to have the big square tag with certain boxes that can be checked like style or genre but I recall several that had the old "This record is worth $___ in mint condition. This copy is ____ so the price is $___" usually it would make no sense, like "This record is worth $20 in mint condition. This copy is VG+++ so the price is $2.95."

• chrischris 287 Posts

I think we need to start a "furthest princeton record exchange tag sighting" thread. I used to see that shit in dc fairly regularly.

i see them semi-often here in chicago even.

• Their price tags have ALL of the store's contact info on them, too, which is probably the reason they could give an eff if people can't get the tags off or not. I have definitely flipped past a record in Philly w/ the Princeton tag on it and said to myself, "Man, I gotta get back out there..."

i see them semi-often here in chicago even.

princeton stickers are the worst. i been going there forever, my fam lives around the corner. another bad thing about princeton is the lack of raers that slip through the cracks into my hands there.

• I'd say the worst is finding stuff that has a large price written in ink on the cover. I bought a bunch of good psych records at a flea many years ago that all had a giant "$1.00[/b]" in sharpie across the front.

If the over or paper is relatively glossy you can remove about 50% of that with rubbing alcohol on a papertowel and then just rub it. Not too much though, lest you rub through the gloss and start fuckin it up.

• shiiiit, the worst price tags are found at Second Hand Rose Records (12th & B-way). Mostly because things like Tijuana Brass Band and Kraftwerk have tags that say $75. (And don't try to talk them down about anything. Mean Sonsofbitches.)

co-sign

the unhappiest family of record (& junk) dealers ever !

(although the mom did turn me on to a slamming thai restaurant around the corner, in a backhanded way)

I bet the pad thai cost like 50 bucks or something.

Seriously, how do those fucks stay in business?

• i love shangri-la memphis,
    but price tags on the dead (& not so dead) wax of 7" 45s
    is

i have gummy residue on the last 30 seconds of a few singles,
    not to mention the ones i scarred trying to remove them tags
    someone must have switched a few sleeves & made the owner
    sticker crazy
    do they put the tags on 12" dead wax too (me thinks they do)
    shingaling & the hook up, whats up with this ??

generally they are on the label on 12" and then they leave those little ripples when you take them off. I only leave mine on when it is clear it will rip off parts of the cover or label, but it wasn't always that way. I have many a record with a little white square in the top right corner - doh!