So Superbowl is over... Soccer World Cup 2006

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Since the Superbowl is over (I only watched the first quarter ), 1) who's going to Germany this summer to watch a good olde game of Euro football (so smooooth)?2) who will win3) which teams will badly disappont4) which teams will suprise5) how many hooligans will be arrested

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    oh, what a fantastic thread!

1) I'm gonna be in Germany watching some games!
    2) Argentinia or The Netherlands (just kidding, Brazil will win)
    3) Germany, the African teams (again), Czech Republic, France, Italy
    4) don't know
    5) too many to count

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    Thought the first part of the superbowl was pretty interesting (first time I really watched a whole game). anyway, getting back to the real schitt

1) can't / enjoy sitting on my couch too much
    2) Brasil, as usual
    3) Despite the home advantage, I think the Germans will be a dissappointment (sorry Grope). Oh yea, and Holland too, we'll probably won't even make it past the group matches.
    4) Australia (Hiddink + underdog = a good look)
    5) better question is, will they be wearing this:

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Presumably the tattooist couldn't spell gingivitis.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

3) Despite the home advantage, I think the Germans will be a dissappointment (sorry Grope). Oh yea, and Holland too, we'll probably won't even make it past the group matches.

5) better question is, will they be wearing this:

that's allright. look at my answer number 3!
    most germans think that the german team will win the world cup, but that's stupid. our team is ok, but they have no experience and absolutely no spirit. i hope deissler can play. he's 'da bomb. as well as mertesacker. a genius.

those dutchmen. that hat is so funny. mad hatters. but did you otice that they made a mistake? it's supposed to be: "jetzt geht[color:red]'s[/color] losssss"

• England has a good team, think they are one of the favorites too, and spain also.

A surprise could be sweden, if ibrahimovitch dont fuck every thing up whith his attitude and temprement. He is one of the best in the world right now.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

dang, that was nice. didd you ever see jj okocha's goal when he was playing for eintracht frankfurt? that one was even better than ibrahimmovic's goal. he fooled about 5 defenders plus the goalie. awesome.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Last 4 left will be Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Italy.
    England to go out on penalties as usual. Earlier if David James plays in goal.
    Rooney to get sent off. Bad ginger Shrek foll.

I just hope the team that plays the least-cynically in the last 4 wins.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Since the Superbowl is over (I only watched the first quarter ),

1) who's going to Germany this summer to watch a good olde game of Euro football (so smooooth)?
    2) who will win
    3) which teams will badly disappont
    4) which teams will suprise
    5) how many hooligans will be arrested

1) too $$, tivo & cable will be my portal
    2) brazil or france
    3) england, netherlands, spain
    4) sweden, mexico (ghana??)
    5) most, big brother post 9/11 full control

6) how bad will the u.s. play ? can they advance from the group of death ?

was the superbowl last night ?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

I ordered me 1 of these....i think they also exist with Brazilian colors....dude already sold 15000 or something of these, if I'm not mistaken.....

• 1) who's going to Germany this summer to watch a good olde game of Euro football (so smooooth)?[/b]

-- I wish... Went to Italy in '90 and saw them play three games at Stadio Olimpico in Rome... Amazing!!!

2) who will win[/b]

-- I'd love to say Italy -- strong forwards, solid defense, and one of the best keepers in the world... But as usual, their weakness is playing the ball through midfield... If they don't take it all, you can point to that being their downfall...

-- I always dismiss the Germans, but they're so tactically proficient that they have a shot... And could their group be anymore of a cakewalk?!?! OK, maybe Brazil's...

-- If Italy doesn't win, I'd love to see Argentina hoist the cup...

-- But I'm going to go out on a limb here -- Brazil...

3) which teams will badly disappont[/b]

-- It's easy to say Holland because, well, they always disappoint... I have a feeling they'll do better this year... Same with Argentina -- I can't see them following up their last WC debocle with another...

-- My vote would go to England and/or the Czechs... I'd usually go with Spain, but they'll gain confidence as they slice through their soft group...

-- If Italy, a notoriously slow-starting team, don't bring it from the giddy-up, they could be left for dead as well...

4) which teams will suprise[/b]

-- Ghana or the US - then again, if either don't win the group, they'll see Brazil in the next round...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

1) who's going to Germany this summer to watch a good olde game of Euro football (so smooooth)?
    2) who will win

1. If I had tickets to a good England match I would come. Even if it meant not having a place to stay.

2. England! Unless Becks takes any penalties... Then they don't have a chance.

3. The US

4. Korea

5. NONE!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

-- I always dismiss the Germans, but they're so tactically proficient that they have a shot...

yeah, but the German players are totally uderrated this time. everybody speaks about their superb tactic and their usual ??berluck. But actually, some unknown German players could possibly become the world cup superstars. deissler is the most skilled european player at the moment. if he hadn't been under medical treatment in hospital for depression, he would have been a superstar. it's so sad that bayern munich doesn't support him more. mertesacker might be the best defender worldwide. he's a genius and is the personalized fair play. ever heard of him? i'm not joking. he's brilliant.

germany will disappoint, but some players are super skilled. i wish the had more confidence in themselves.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    1) Im booking time off work & watching it on tv.
    2) Ennngggeerrrrllland
    3) England, dont they always dissapoint? (Except for '66)
    4) England, best squad of players....i think the usa might do well this year too.
    5) 5000 all english, arrested for having a quiet pint & a sing before being provoked by police & then getting sprayed with water cannons for retaliating.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

2) who will win

1. Would LOVE to go to Germany for some games. Plaese to get me tickets to games, plane tickets from Seattle and book me at a nice hotel

2. BRASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. England, Germany. Unless Germany wins it will be a big disappointment as they are the host, but they are NOT beating Brasil.

4. Hopefully Japan!

5. Hundreds! All bald drunk British fans. LOL

Brasil batches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    1) I'm not going but i'll be watching.
    2) Germany
    3) England and Argentina.
    4) Netherlands and France.
    5) A lot.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    my bro lives in germany so i will hopefully go. england to get to the semi's again, brazil to win.

• i`ll be watching whatever station will show games..

italy will disapoint most(personally they are overrated and i`ve seen them scrape through games plenty of times that that haven`t deserved to win)
    spain are always everyones outside faves but i don`t see them getting too far.

england would do better if eriksson went NOW(i wanted him gone after the last world cup and the spiritless display going out against 10 men)

one of the african teams will surprise everyone i think(ivory coast??)

brazil vs france in the final.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    1) I'll be in the land of Oz
    2) Last four: England Brazil Germany + one surprise team
    3) Suck: Spain Portugal Sweden Argentina France
    4) Surprise: Croatia & Serbia Montenegro & Czech Rep.
    5) Albion go home

How about some soulstrut bets before the matches, you batches ? Winner gets paypalled a small amount of cash by all contesters, I'm like down for whatever.

• 1) I'll be in the land of Oz
    5) Albion go home

How about some soulstrut bets before the matches, you batches ? Winner gets paypalled a small amount of cash by all contesters, I'm like down for whatever.

how about a sweepstake???

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    argentina will not suck.. messi is great!!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    1) I'll be in the land of Oz
    5) Albion go home

how about a sweepstake???

yes, the strut/office pool style thing, college bball style

• argentina will not suck.. messi is great!!

he is great but he isn`t gonna be able to be what maradona was to argentina..we heard that shit about ortega 8 years ago..where is he now?