Prince on SNL...

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I thought it was better when someone called it "Back Sweat"

Much better title

Yeah, black sweat does not sound like a very good look at all.

"Back Sweat" = that old transgressive Prince we all love. Like "No, he did not do a song about that!"

"Black Sweat" = sounds like a throwaway cut from a Charles Earland album.

• I thought it was better when someone called it "Back Sweat"

Much better title

"Back Sweat" = that old transgressive Prince we all love. Like "No, he did not do a song about that!"

Are you implying that there were non-"throwaway cuts" from Charles Earland albums?

Much better title

Are you implying that there were non-"throwaway cuts" from Charles Earland albums?

I can see how one might read what I posted that way... I apologize for the implication.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I was gonna post about this, but I NEVER knew that prince had Fingers like that. Damn. I knew he could play all instruments, but what he did with the guitar was almost mindblowing. Hendrix like runs, but smoother, with five effects pedals. Not to mention his playing was choreographed. It looked aboslutely effortless. When he walked off stage with the delay booming, I lost it.

I highly recommend finding a copy of "Sign of the Times" concert film at a local video store and have your face melted for 90 minutes straight. Prince is untouchable for live performance art. Even the stuff in that film that is overdubbed is so seamless and exciting you will be glued to the screen.

I also recommend that Pay-per view new years eve concert he did back in
    1999/2000 or 2000/2001. 2 1/2 hours of punishment. The Time opens for him.
    After 2 hours, I couldn't take any more. Just when u thought he was finished, POW,another banger. PLease make it stop. noayo

The show is now on DVD.

Disregard the cover.

Much better title

I can see how one might read what I posted that way... I apologize for the implication.

Knock the hustle:

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    He completley destroys the SNL stage....that was excellent..

just PLEASE get rid of the James Brown "Living In America" era dancers/back up singers.

• I was gonna post about this, but I NEVER knew that prince had Fingers like that. Damn. I knew he could play all instruments, but what he did with the guitar was almost mindblowing. Hendrix like runs, but smoother, with five effects pedals. Not to mention his playing was choreographed. It looked aboslutely effortless. When he walked off stage with the delay booming, I lost it.

If you wanna hear Prince tear it up try to find a copy of a bootleg called "The Undertaker". It was recorded in 1993 or so and was an "album" that Prince recorded live in the studio with only drums and bass backing him up. Rumor is that the album was intended to be included with copies of Guitar Player magazine but Warner Brothers heard about it and put the kibosh on that real fast, but I don't know how true that is. Anyhow, Prince just tears it up on the album since it was intended to be a display of his guitar prowess.

Here's a little taste of the album; it's Prince covering his own song "Bambi":

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0212K45PQEZXC20DN7RN9J7KMO

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    worst possible time for real headz to be gone.. thanks for that tuff gong.. shit is SICK

i think this album may have been shelved due to dudes snare sound though

• assemble your crew....I'll be outside

• i'm not surprised he killed it.

i saw prince play only last year and i can say that it was one of my top 3 concerts evar