Anyone buy this "Big Boi Presents...Got Purp?" CD?

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
i'm trying to rip it so i can throw it on the mp3 player, but i can't figure out how to. anyone else got the cd and have this problem? there's gotta be a way around it...

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I had that problem with Beanie's "The B.Coming" until I imported it with Itunes.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    yeah i had the same problem with Got Purp.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Content/ Copy-Protected CD

• I think you just need to let it install something on your computer to monitor it or some stupid shit, but I'm not sure. I haven't ripped that CD yet, but have had that same problem with other discs (Coral's Invisible Invasion). Rips are out there though, I'm sure there's a way around it.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Janelle Monae "Lettin' Go"

• I think they outlawed/recalled copy-protected CD's ... just get iTunes main

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

GOT PURP?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

GOT PURP?

more clown plaese

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    On a pc, sometimes you can turn copy protection shit off by holding the shift key when you first put it in the computer...

• On a pc, sometimes you can turn copy protection shit off by holding the shift key when you first put it in the computer...
    just tried that, didn't work. the most ridiculous thing about all this, is that this is what i get for actually buying the shit and not downloading it on soulseek??? lame...

i got it to rip to my computer, but since it's "protected", it won't let me change the track titles (it ripped them as track 1, track 2, etc), or change the genre (it's currently set under "unknown"). anyone know how i can edit this shit even though it's "protected"? i hate it when my mp3 player has an "unknown" folder.

• I bought the new Kardinal cd a while back on a whim and didn't notice it had copy protection. I can't rip it... well I can, sort of... but each song comes out fucked up. Shit is fucking retarded. I just want to dump it to my damn minidisc for fucks sakes...

Ugh.

• Not sure about this new fandangled whatchamucallit "burning" or "e-turns" or whatever but I got that Scar 12'' over the weekend and it's fucking amazing. Real dope soul shit on some 120 BPM steez, it's probabally in a shit-load of dollar bins nationwide as well.

• dayday 9,611 Posts