Is charlie murphy funnier than eddie now?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I have to say yes. That shit from chappelle show will have me almost in tears.Eddie on the other hand hasn't done anything funny in yeeeeaaaaarrrrrsssss....I need to see more charlie murphy.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I have to say yes. That shit from chappelle show will have me almost in tears.

Eddie on the other hand hasn't done anything funny in yeeeeaaaaarrrrrsssss....

I need to see more charlie murphy.

Yes, but Eddie stopped trying a long time ago--he makes "family comedies" now, a medium within which it is pretty much impossible to be funny.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Yes, but Eddie stopped trying a long time ago--he makes "family comedies" now, a medium within which it is pretty much impossible to be funny.

Thats for damn sure. I heard Charlie does stand up and is touring. I wonder if its as good as the way he tells stories. He tells stories like my grandma used to, where you think she's hit the funny part and is done, but as soon as your done laughing she keeps going and it keeps getting funnier and funnier.... well, she's dead, but charlie is alive. woo hoo!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i've heard Charlie Murphy's stand up act is terrible from more than one person..........

funny actor/story teller does not equal comedian

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Thats for damn sure. I heard Charlie does stand up and is touring. I wonder if its as good as the way he tells stories. He tells stories like my grandma used to, where you think she's hit the funny part and is done, but as soon as your done laughing she keeps going and it keeps getting funnier and funnier.... well, she's dead, but charlie is alive. woo hoo!

Charlie is a natural funny man, just like Dave. He even killed it in Roll Bounce with Mike Epps. He was doing a little tour and a show the same night in Philly when Dave was in Atlantic City. I wish I could have caught both.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Call me when Charlie does a memorable standup show. He performs at Caroline's here in NYC,but no one I know is checkin for him live. His sketch/skits stuff is most def good/hot.

If your old enuff to remember Eddie's first two season w/ SNL then there is no debate.

OTAY.

• I have to say yes. That shit from chappelle show will have me almost in tears.

I saw dude open up for chappelle last year and dude did a two part act. First was another story about rick james that wasnt on the show and was straight funny as hell. The other one was pretty cool. Just talked about being eddie murphys brother and always being introduced as eddie murphys brother. When he met his girlfriends parents she introduced him as eddie murphys brother. Tell you who is Damn HILARIOUS is Donnel Rawlings. The dude who plays Ashy larry. To bad most people dont know his acutal name or act. I was rolling on the floor. Infact I work next door to Carloines comedy clu b which is one of the larger venues in NYC. He's performing in FEB. They dont even have his actual name on the bill. Justa says ASHY LARRY in huge print with this photo

• i haven't seen any standup routine that is better than this:

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    i haven't seen any standup routine that is better than this:

Remember when Eddie made fun of gay people?

Now,

Eddie

Johnny

That's a Murphy hollywood story

"Isn't it ironic?
    Don't you think?"

• i haven't seen any standup routine that is better than this:

That's great, but does not even come close to

Funniest Anything Ever Done. Not to change comedian, of course.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Remember when Eddie made fun of gay people?

Now,

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    i've heard Charlie Murphy's stand up act is terrible from more than one person..........

funny actor/story teller does not equal comedian

I saw him standup recently and although I didn't think he was terrible, he was certainly no Eddie Murphy. Half his set was talking about being Eddie Murphy's brother and the other half was about Chapelle's Show. Funny... yes, but I'm pretty easy when it comes to live standup. I bet if I had seen the same show on TV, I wouldn't have found it very funny.

DJ Ferrari

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'll take Eddie over Charlie. Charlie was great as Gusto in CB4 though.

• I'll take Eddie over Charlie. Charlie was great as Gusto in CB4 though.

i agree.

charlie did the voice for a hip hop ass gangsta white dude on the Boondocks recently. that shit was weird. charlie murphy is mostly funny because of his voice and how he tells stories. was CB4 his "breakthrough" performance? haha.