The BeardedD and Rockadelic beef: POUND OF FLESH!

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Oh shit....here we go...

About a week before the Spring '05 Austin Show I was called by two friends, one of which is here on SS, and was told that you would be at the Austin Show and asked if I would make you feel at home. I called you while you were on the road, gave you a few places to dig at and said I'd look forward to meeting you at the Show.

The morning I arrived in Austin I met you, inttroduced you to a few folks and invited you to dinner and the Hotel that night. I also gave you free run of my table and told you you could take whatever you wanted....for free.

All of the folks that I hang with down there treated you like you were my "pal" and that night you didn't have to reach for your wallet at dinner.

A few weeks later I receive a package in the mail of some weak ass "poetry" records and my initial thought was "Cool, this is a thank you for Austin". Then I received an email from you asking me to send you some equal value of things I had in quantity.

I tried to figure out a value of the Poetry records and proceeded to send you a box with at least $300 worth of SEALED stuff that I sell on a regular basis. And I also threw in some lesser used stuff for grins.

Then I get this long ass rude letter from you saying I've insulted you with my box. I immediately wrote back, told you my intent was certainly NOT to insult you and that I would send the Poetry LP's back ASAP(I had only opened one).

When I pointed out on ebay and Popsike that the LP's I sent you were at LEAST equal value you said "The opened ones were so bad I didn't want to open the sealed LP's to find out they were crap too" You also said that you were hoping to have gotten a copy of a sealed LP you saw mw sell on Ebay for $130.....

So what did I do, I sent you your LP's back PLUS a sealed copy of the $130 LP. And when I get your box back there is a note with a condom attached with some wiseass jibberish about not trying to fuck people with records.

I blew it off...after all my two friends had told me you were good people and I didn't want to embarras them. You never even dropped me a note about the free $130 record, no thank you, nothing.

When I mentioned it to one of the two guys who had vouched for you I was told that he no longer spoke to you and that you had a "falling out"...So I called the second guy....same story....you had a "falling out" with him too!!!

To top it off I get word that you traded the $130 LP to a buddy of mine for an LP of equal value and you show up here with it as one of your "Weekend Finds".

You're a little weenie, seriously, I can't think of a better term to describe you...and then YOU come here and talk about ignoring folks!!! Fucking amazing.

I've dealt in records for 25+ years and you are near the top of bad experiences.

• YES!!!!

we got.....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ON BLAST

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ON BLAST
    that might be the most accute *(not necessarily accurate) assesment of someone's real world shame, that i've ever read on here... please, more.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i can only do short descriptions of things that are sure to turn into great threads.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i was actually referring to rocadelic's statement, but i was there with you, brian.

i can only do short descriptions of things that are sure to turn into great threads.

I don't see how this is going to turn into anything....when it was all said and done I got a condom and this joker got a free $100 bill.....not much else to it.

Rich

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

I don't see how this is going to turn into anything....when it was all said and done I got a condom and this joker got a free $100 bill.....not much else to it.

Rich
    well hopefully that other guy comes up with some completely alternate account of these events that's equally as entertaining

• sadly, the andersen's split pea soup empire is fading away.

like farrels.

last known farrels is behind the mission valley mall in SD. but that was years ago.

anyways, that split pea soup with the bacobits in it was the goods.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i was actually referring to rocadelic's statement, but i was there with you, brian.
    haha, whoops kinda tired. i need more shit to read too cos im bored as fuck at work

• Is it possible to only block people who disagree with you?

Well... Sabdbababbaddada is a good start I guess.

Rich
    well hopefully that other guy comes up with some completely alternate account of these events that's equally as entertaining

That would be cool

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    sadly, the andersen's split pea soup empire is fading away.

like farrels.

last known farrels is behind the mission valley mall in SD. but that was years ago.

anyways, that split pea soup with the bacobits in it was the goods.

we'll have to have a split pea soup party one of these days...warm bread and all. Bambouche make a killer split pea soup...you didn't hear it from me though.

ON BLAST
    that might be the most accute *(not necessarily accurate) assesment of someone's real world shame, that i've ever read on here... please, more.

Take it to the bank.....it's 100% accurate

thats not a good lifestyle choice

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Nope, the last one moved to Mira Mesa:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20021022-9999_1c22icecream.html

Dunno if it's still open or not. I think I visited it in 2001/2002 or so.

• Farrells Ice Cream?

I can't count the number of birthdays I went to there when I was a tyke!
    One of the original "stand up on the table while we sing you a birthday song using this marching drum" places.

thats not a good lifestyle choice

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about; opposing chatter. Enjoy posting, 3rdStream -- one day SS will up its ignore game.

• Sorry this took so long guys --

Rich,

Hard to know where to start but ok --

I gave you a dozen records from the road while in Austin, and got maybe another from you, several of which I actually paid for. You came out ahead on that one and I was totally cool with that.

While I appreciate that you let me park my bags at your table, W--- hooked me up with a bunch of people, and you were just one of them; it's not like you personally took me under your wing or something. And I paid for my own dinner, Rich. Nice touch, though.

I know there was a lot of smoking going on in the hotel room, but try to remember -- I put on one of those "lame poetry records" and you were immediately like "I need this." When I got them I called you up and you said send a set, let's trade.

Disregarding your estimate of "$300 worth of records", I'm still waiting for you to claim a single record you sent had any -musical- value whatsoever.

The condom was a joke, you freaked out. What can I say. I think you need to examine why it upset you so much.

I appreciate your sending me my records back and very definitely the Eubank, which I LOVE and am sharing with everyone, you did so only after I returned your shit records and got a couple of nutty emails from you. It didn't seem like a peace offering, though, it's not like your last words were a bunch of screaming. It seemed like the act of a self-righteous dude who cares more about looking like a nice guy to himself than actually being one.

As for my "falling out" with W---, he went through shit and disappeared to a lot of people and I was one of them. He has problems with me but I don't know why and it breaks my heart.

As for the person I with whom I had a falling out, we both feel badly about that situation and we've been able to peacefully coexist in this small world like grownups.

I think you're a cretin and I don't care how big your record collection is, listening to you butt into threads on here knowing who you actually are is entertaining to me.

You felt a need to start talking about how you tried to see how much you can get away with when a "trade" is not actually a "trade." There you go. Your version of the events doesn't mesh with mine. In your version you are warmhearted and generous and I am illogically rude, in my version I got a box of records I should have photographed so everyone could see your idea of generosity. Whatever dude. I'm not going to ignore you, but I ain't gonna cyber stalk either.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    keep talking it out guys.
    i think we're getting close to

ironmonk, fatback, can you step in here and moderate?

Sorry this took so long guys --

Rich,

Hard to know where to start but ok --

I gave you a dozen records from the road while in Austin, and got maybe another from you, several of which I actually paid for. You came out ahead on that one and I was totally cool with that.

While I appreciate that you let me park my bags at your table, W--- hooked me up with a bunch of people, and you were just one of them; it's not like you personally took me under your wing or something. And I paid for my own dinner, Rich. Nice touch, though.

I know there was a lot of smoking going on in the hotel room, but try to remember -- I put on one of those "lame poetry records" and you were immediately like "I need this." When I got them I called you up and you said send a set, let's trade.

Disregarding your estimate of "$300 worth of records", I'm still waiting for you to claim a single record you sent had any -musical- value whatsoever.

The condom was a joke, you freaked out. What can I say. I think you need to examine why it upset you so much.

I appreciate your sending me my records back and very definitely the Eubank, which I LOVE and am sharing with everyone, you did so only after I returned your shit records and got a couple of nutty emails from you. It didn't seem like a peace offering, though, it's not like your last words were a bunch of screaming. It seemed like the act of a self-righteous dude who cares more about looking like a nice guy to himself than actually being one.

As for my "falling out" with W---, he went through shit and disappeared to a lot of people and I was one of them. He has problems with me but I don't know why and it breaks my heart.

As for the person I with whom I had a falling out, we both feel badly about that situation and we've been able to peacefully coexist in this small world like grownups.

I think you're a cretin and I don't care how big your record collection is, listening to you butt into threads on here knowing who you actually are is entertaining to me.

You felt a need to start talking about how you tried to see how much you can get away with when a "trade" is not actually a "trade." There you go. Your version of the events doesn't mesh with mine. In your version you are warmhearted and generous and I am illogically rude, in my version I got a box of records I should have photographed so everyone could see your idea of generosity. Whatever dude. I'm not going to ignore you, but I ain't gonna cyber stalk either.

This is seriously insane and somewhat disturbing.

I may well piss off and alienate people with my opinions or political views but in 25 years I have NEVER pissed off anyone over a record deal.

You're reputation of "falling out" with people stands on it's own

Name ONE of these "dozen" Lp's you gave me.....just one please.

I obviously didn't want or ask for these Poetry records(Which by now are virtually worthless as the market has been flooded and people realize they're just not very good) as I only opened one of them.

And after it was all said and done and you had your records in hand and a free LP from me(that you apparently like) I guess not acknowledging it was your way of "trying to see how much you can get away with"

I have the records still sitting here here except for 2 that I sold on Ebay for a combined $83.00......and one that I traded for $75.00..here are the rest of them...

I don't have a large record collection and I don't try to "get over" on people with vinyl.

And since you've never told me before...what do YOU think the value of the records you sent me were??

I stand behind my original statement....You're a weenie.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    you guys are both winners.

stockakhan stockakhan

• Rich, please. You did not send me that News album, aka the only worthwhile record in that pile that I recognize. You're not telling the truth here. One hand obviously does not know what the other hand's doing.

You sent me 15 records, I listened to all the open ones. They were total shit from your worthless private press LPs 3 for $20 box. Some of them had very cool looking covers but NO ONE would want them after listening them. I can't believe you're trying to argue this. I did not open your sketchy Mexican grease rock records so I don't know or care if you can sell them for $75, I do not want them.

I do not use trades to dump unwanted records on friends. I do not do trades to get bad records to sell. If I can sell the good records I'm trading, what's the point?

You knew I was asking for a Eubank in trade and you still sent me this bullshit. And not the News record you pathological liar.

A POL set is $200. Full sets are gone now. It's going to go back up. Most people really like them. They are obviously too far out for you. You did hear one of those records in Austin and did get excited and asked for a set when I got them.

Eubank is a $30 record by the way. Keep up.

And I did give you records in Austin, I said take these cool looking private press pieces of shit for your box and said make some money. I remember one had a blue matte cover looked like the greatest loner folk record ever, but it was not. You probably sold for $100 to some lonely Japanese guy on ebay.

Now you have a "mark" on your spotless record. I think you're full of shit.

Arguing with you is pointless.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    you guys are both losers.

stockakhan

you guys are both losers.

stockakhan

At this point I agree

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    how can you guys fight at a time like this? Stephanie Tanner from Full house is addicted to meth.

your priorities are all fucked up

And just for the record there was a sealed Checkmates Ltd.(the one with "Run N**** Run)in there as well.

and the Eubanks YOU saw me sell on ebay went for $134 and you know it. And you just traded it to a guy at $100 value....but, ummmm OK it's a $30 record

here's a G copy that went for $51.00 I sent you a sealed one....
    http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4736009322

Here's the Mexican Blood for sale by a well known Psych dealer...

MEXICAN BLOOD-Streets of Laredo-Crazy Cajun(U.S., '78)-Garage/psych, organ cries and guitar fuzzes and twangs. (SS) $80.

Song Of Life is on Music Stack right now for $33.00 and $71.00

And ...did you ever once ask me or tell me that you were going to send me a box of records for trade??? The answer is no...they just showed up here unsolicited.

I'm happy just letting the folks who have met me and know me personally to judge for themselves as to who's in the wrong here.

I'm sure you'll do the same.

The rest of you will just have to form your own opinions....I'm done with it.

• Sorry this beef isn't more entertaining

• Sorry this beef isn't more entertaining

It always spices things up if you dare the other person to post their physical address (of course since you guys mailed records to eachother it would be somewhat redundant).

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    This thread bums me out cuz you guys are both cool guys with cool taste. Hopefully you guys can work it out, I dunno.