Best Music-Related Movie Scenes

13»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I like "Ooh Child" in the last scene of "Over the Edge"...

"Just Once" plays at the end of "The Last American Virgin."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

La La La means i love you -> the kids in crooklyn sitting on the stairway

Shit ??? how could I forget the scene in Crooklyn with El Pito playing and the drag queen in the hot pants dancing with the store owner and the little girl watching in absolute awe.

• this thread is awesome

• what about in a bronx tale when they go into "I only have eye's for you" when he's talking to that girl, or when they go fire bombing set to "it's a man's world." Great music in that movie

• The first one that comes to mind are the "battle of the bands" scenes in "The Saddest Music in the World"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Sam Cooke playing while this foolio gets his grub on in the cafeteria.

Season of the Witch playing over the end credits of To Die For.

• I've also always been partial to the Booker T. intro (Hip Hugger?) for Barfly.
    Sets the mood for the film perfectly I think.

• what about in a bronx tale when they go into "I only have eye's for you" when he's talking to that girl, or when they go fire bombing set to "it's a man's world." Great music in that movie

i am now going to watch this movie again

• I've also always been partial to the Booker T. intro (Hip Hugger?) for Barfly.
    Sets the mood for the film perfectly I think.

oh that reminds me of the scene in The Sandlot where the rich kid team rides onto the field on their shiny new bikes and "Green Onions" is playing. Perfect.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I like the scene in POINT BLANK, with Lee Marvin when he's at the nightclub and he's fighting with that dude.

...and he punches him in the nuts while the band plays a "Tighten Up" meets "Shout" song! There's the Lovin' Spoonful's "Summer In The City" playing during the intro to Die Hard With A Vengence where the music abruptly stops when a building gets blown up; flipping cars over. "The Sound Of Silence" playing when Woody Harrelson makes a deal to have sex with his unattractive, elderly landlord and pukes afterwards in Kingpin was clever. "Oye Como Va" playing in The Big Lebowski (Steve Bucemi and an embarassed John Goodman chow down on In-N-Out burgers after Dude gets his car wrongfully smashed up) was good, too.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    DUDE! Freebird in Forrest Gump!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

The doowop in bronx tale, only have eyes for you, completely sets the scene for the movie

cristo redentor too

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    "Oye Como Va" playing in The Big Lebowski (Steve Bucemi and an embarassed John Goodman chow down on In-N-Out burgers after Dude gets his car wrongfully smashed up) was good, too.

At last, Lebowski gets mentioned. Favorite music moment is the Eagles loving cab driver kicking The Dude out of his cab. That scene speaks for my whole generation.

"Ahhh, man. I'm having a really shitty day and I hate the fucking eagles, man"

Of course, the Just Dropped in... dream sequence is pretty on point, and isn't Tropicalia playing at Jackie Treehorn's pad?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    DUDE! Freebird in Forrest Gump!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was in The Devil's Rejects as well. I liked how it was done. It was during the final shootout scene with the police when the credits roll and the camera just goes off into hill scenery. That situation involving the family country band in the motel was fucked up. One of the nasty scenes cut immediately to TV footage of Muddy Waters playing "I Be Troubled". There's "Funk #49" in there too.

• 25th hour club scence w/ Cymande

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

M**y B*tt*r*o*th durning the after party......

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Goodfellas

when they beat Billy Batts down and Donovan "Atlantis" is playing

• DAZED & CONFUSED
    The opening bass of Sweet Emotion plays against a dark screen and on the crash,
    a slow motion GTO turns into the parking lot.

GHOST WORLD
    Enid dances to Jaan Pehechaan Ho as the camera pans across a Clowes wasteland.

AMERICAN GRAFFITI
    From an airplane, while en route to college, Curt sees a White T-Bird below being driven by the blond he was pursuing the previous night. The screen turns to blue and we peep the whereabouts of the main characters. (Toad MIA in 'Nam, Milner killed by drunk driver etc.) The credits roll to All Summer Long, putting a poignant punctuation to a classic movie that redefined the modern soundtrack.
    It was later echoed on Summer of 4 Foot 2 from the Simpson's 7th season. (BEST SEASON EVURRR)

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    The Five Heartbeats is one of my favorite movies, period...I can't believe it's been 15 years since it first came out!

I love the scene where Michael Wright says, "The whole world is an ashtray for Eddie Kaaa-ing..." I like most of the musical performances, too.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The Five Heartbeats is one of my favorite movies, period...

I really liked this film, too - except for that scene where
    Robert Townsend is writing the song with his little sister,
    using all the scraps of paper around his room...that scene
    really kinda made me cringe...