The Funk Hunt

cHillercHiller 293 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
"The Funk Hunt" by Kourtrajm??Anyone seen this really dope short-film yet? It's 150MB, but it's really worth a try."The Funk Hunt" is about a records history, from the recording in the 70s, the break-status in the 80s to the sampling in the 90s and selling for $200 at A1."http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2D9ZP1HUMRATD155XOIIBQC4Y6

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I have a 12" which came with that. limited to 1500 or something. but it is a bit me thinks

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I got sent this as a promo a whiles ago... came with a Record too!

peace.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    thanks

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Can you repost this?

- spidey

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Thanks!

- spidey

• If i remember correctly, wasn't this short film on the stones throw 101 dvd/cd? and the music that played throughout the film was some sort of "downtempo" or as i like to call it, borderline techno, correct? i liked the film, but thought the music could have been a lot better.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    File Transfer: Unavailable
    Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

The file has most likely exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient.

DAMN!

Can anyone reup this one by chance? I wanna check it out.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Sony PSP/Ipod Video-ready mpeg4 format:
    http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=10SLF46JDGEXW3SNXW7Y0BN7BP

• If i remember correctly, wasn't this short film on the stones throw 101 dvd/cd? and the music that played throughout the film was some sort of "downtempo" or as i like to call it, borderline techno, correct? i liked the film, but thought the music could have been a lot better.

Yeah, I agree. The guy who did it was this cat Jeremy who still works at A1, good peepholes. That's why there's shots of the film at A1, and other folks who worked at the store at the time (Aldo, Romain) are in the flick. Lotta NYC DJ heads have cameos in this short. The guy who plays the vintage bronx DJ cutting doubles (and gets his records jacked) was Dan the Beatman I believe. The guy selling records on the street is this cat Chico, who's been selling records in NYC for like 20 years, and have been DJing for about 30, used to put on shows at an african community center in the early 70's with Roy Ayers, Last Poets, Doug and Jean Carn, etc.

Anyways, it is an entertaining lil' piece of cinema and worth checking out, even if the muzak is tepid. They shoulda had the Daptones or El Michaels do the track...instead they went for some disco/house thing but it didn't totally go over. Around the time of that film, Daft Punk was really huge and agreed to do a track for them for the film, but it turned out so bad, they ended up producing something themselves, and that's the track you have on the 12".

Jeremy is still busy writing scripts and going back to film school, so perhaps we'll actually have a decent DJ movie one of these fucking years.

$??

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    If i remember correctly, wasn't this short film on the stones throw 101 dvd/cd? and the music that played throughout the film was some sort of "downtempo" or as i like to call it, borderline techno, correct? i liked the film, but thought the music could have been a lot better.

Yeah, I agree. The guy who did it was this cat Jeremy who still works at A1, good peepholes. That's why there's shots of the film at A1, and other folks who worked at the store at the time (Aldo, Romain) are in the flick. Lotta NYC DJ heads have cameos in this short. The guy who plays the vintage bronx DJ cutting doubles (and gets his records jacked) was Dan the Beatman I believe. The guy selling records on the street is this cat Chico, who's been selling records in NYC for like 20 years, and have been DJing for about 30, used to put on shows at an african community center in the early 70's with Roy Ayers, Last Poets, Doug and Jean Carn, etc.

Anyways, it is an entertaining lil' piece of cinema and worth checking out, even if the muzak is tepid. They shoulda had the Daptones or El Michaels do the track...instead they went for some disco/house thing but it didn't totally go over. Around the time of that film, Daft Punk was really huge and agreed to do a track for them for the film, but it turned out so bad, they ended up producing something themselves, and that's the track you have on the 12".

Jeremy is still busy writing scripts and going back to film school, so perhaps we'll actually have a decent DJ movie one of these fucking years.

$??

thanks for the info!!