Comfort wax

ladydayladyday 623 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Called in sick today and am looking forward to a whole day of laying with my head under a blanket and avoiding daytime tv. What "comfort records" do you listen to when you are sick? Also, any home remedies for a head cold? Over the counter stuff don't work for shitt.

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I thought this thread was going to be about hair removal tips for women

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I was sick all weekend. Listened to stuff like this the whole time.

• When I'm sick I listen to alot of Jazz!

Bob James
    Cannonball Adderley
    Ahmad Jamal

...I'm sure you get the idea!

I also listen to alot of Madlib & Related.
    Good stuff!

• Oh! Bossa Nova too!

Good one!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Also, any home remedies for a head cold?

Find a keyboard and do 1500 of these:

You won't even feel you have a head after that.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Oh! Bossa Nova too!

Good one!

Do you happen to work at Dustygroove?

• Oh! Bossa Nova too!

Good one!

Do you happen to work at Dustygroove?

No, What is Dustygroove?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Also, any home remedies for a head cold?

Wrap a hot towel round your head, make some soup, then get a nap.

Oh.. And any time I get a cold. I use this and within a day I'm usually perfect again.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Oh.. And any time I get a cold. I use this and within a day I'm usually perfect again.

B***y,

Is this some Canada only joint and does it have codine?
    Thanx,

Chan

B***y,

Thanx,

Chan

I think ur right... Only in Canada. But man... I don't know why the rest of the world ain't up on this. Take one and call me in the morning.

Great stuff!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    depends on if it's sunny or cloudy?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Called in sick today and am looking forward to a whole day of laying with my head under a blanket and avoiding daytime tv. What "comfort records" do you listen to when you are sick? Also, any home remedies for a head cold? Over the counter stuff don't work for shitt.

Thomas Almqvist-Nyanser (esp. the title cut)

• When I was a kid, EWF's "Shining Star" was on the radio when I had a stomachache. Ever since then, I almost get nauseous if I hear that song.

MORAL:
    WHEN YOU ARE SICK, DON'T LISTEN TO MUSIC YOU LIKE

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Plenty of water. Lots of green peppers = Vitamin C. Rest. Catch up on videos.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

No codeine, but a north-of-the-border only concoction - stock up on some next time you roll through the lower mainland to Vancouver...

• I like Brian Eno's ambient series for the sick days. When I get terrible migraines, I put one of those on and imagine Im dying. It does the trick.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

No codeine, but a north-of-the-border only concoction - stock up on some next time you roll through the lower mainland to Vancouver...

This shit works & whatever's in it puts me to sleep.

• introducing the beatles/ tim buckley 'hello and goodbye'/ b-side to joe pass' 'guitar interludes'/ axelrod on mowax for 'fantasy for ralph"/ sun ra 'lanquidity' for 'that's how i feel'/ express rising ... and moby grape's 'sitting by the window'

comfort sound is usually a tailored mix, though, right?

• Kevin Ayers: "Joy of a Toy". Always does the trick for whatever seems bad at the time.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Also dick mcgarvin peaceful and

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    A cure for all illness:

• Called in sick today and am looking forward to a whole day of laying with my head under a blanket and avoiding daytime tv. What "comfort records" do you listen to when you are sick? Also, any home remedies for a head cold? Over the counter stuff don't work for shitt.

What kind of style is this? Seen this a couple of times but never knew what it was..

/L

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

What kind of style is this? Seen this a couple of times but never knew what it was..

/L
    I guess this is what you call Brazilian. The title track Nyanser is 6 min. of that ill shit. Just really nice song, IMO. It's by a Euro dude and when I bought, I was expecting Euro Jazz but whatever. If you see it for $30 or under, cop it.