Beach Boys Acapellas

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I know that there was a few floating around. Does anybody have one for "God Only Knows"? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i got it. hold on.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    frank,

you're my dude. i owe you one.

thanks,
    t

• The "Pet Sounds" box set has the entire album in acappella form. If you're a Beach Boys fan or just a fan of acappella and harmonies it's a mindfuck to hear the Beach Boys with no backing tracks.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    The "Pet Sounds" box set has the entire album in acappella form. If you're a Beach Boys fan or just a fan of acappella and harmonies it's a mindfuck to hear the Beach Boys with no backing tracks.
    so what other psych-ish acapellas are floating around out there? mamas & papas "california dreaming"...

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    There was a bonus disc on some other boxset that had a bunch of accapellas and them toying in the studio bringing the songs together by pairing different instruments, different arrangements etc. It is, needless to say, amazing and a great document of the genius of brian wilson. He even name drops an lp (how to speak hip) in the studio to everybody asking if anybody ever hear it.

a lot of stuff that was "rechannelled for stereo" has vocals only on one side and you can split that one channel back over into stereo for your own acapella. but you probabaly know that.

i have an older CD version of Beatles MMT and Srawberry Fields Forever has only drums and vocals in the left channel. i mixed it over to a stereo version with vocal and drums only. over half of the song ended up acapella.

i can't fucking find it though.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    "God Only Knows"

hope youre not planning on doing anything with this...that track (album) is already perfection.

and i used to doubt it, too.

• and i used to doubt it, too.

Me too. Meeeeeee tooooooo.

EDIT ---

Just curious... where's this acapella from?? Is it off that vocal only album from the box set mentioned? Or is it on some tip??

it's from the boxed set.

• www.acapellas4u.co.uk has a pretty awesome collection of acapellas you have to join and post a few times in their forum to be able to download but they are a good resource

On a search for Beach boys
    beach_boys_-_california_girls_(acapella).mp3 128 2:32
    beach_boys_-_caroline_no_(acapella).mp3 192 1:54
    beach_boys_-_don't_talk_(acapella).mp3 192 3:07
    beach_boys_-_god_only_knows_(acapella).mp3 160 2:49
    beach_boys_-_help_me_rhonda_(acapella).mp3 128 3:56
    beach_boys_-_here_today_(acapella).mp3 192 3:29
    beach_boys_-_i'm_waiting_for_the_day_(acapella).mp3 192 3:02
    beach_boys_-_i_just_wasn't_made_for_these_times_(acapella).mp3 192 3:23
    beach_boys_-_i_know_there's_an_answer_(acapella).mp3 192 2:19
    beach_boys_-_sloop_john_b_(acapella).mp3 192 3:09
    beach_boys_-_that's_not_me_(acapella).mp3 192 2:28
    beach_boys_-_wouldnt_it_be_nice_(acapella).mp3 320 2:34
    beach_boys_-_you_still_believe_in_me_(acapella).mp3 192 2:47

Full list of their acapellas

• do you remember which boxset? i'd love to hear these acapellas.

There was a bonus disc on some other boxset that had a bunch of accapellas and them toying in the studio bringing the songs together by pairing different instruments, different arrangements etc. It is, needless to say, amazing and a great document of the genius of brian wilson. He even name drops an lp (how to speak hip) in the studio to everybody asking if anybody ever hear it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    do you remember which boxset? i'd love to hear these acapellas.

The PET SOUNDS boxset has a disc of the entire album in acapella form

The GOOD VIBRATIONS box has a disc of studio sessions, with chatter, instrumental sections being worked out, and some acapella material

I consider the latter essential for having most of the ORIGINAL Smile on it, but plan on picking up the former someday...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Bonkers. I heard AM put caifornia girls over justin timberlake. I was wondering where the hell he found a beach boys accapella. I have all the Michael Jackson acapellas as well. One I'm looking for is Fleetwood Mac "Dreams". I heard a dj flip that shit recently.

• do you remember which boxset? i'd love to hear these acapellas.

I thought I sent that box set to you. Or was it just the Smile box? I have The Pet Sounds Sessions box set if you want a copy.

• Bonkers. I heard AM put caifornia girls over justin timberlake. I was wondering where the hell he found a beach boys accapella. I have all the Michael Jackson acapellas as well. One I'm looking for is Fleetwood Mac "Dreams". I heard a dj flip that shit recently.

Warner Bros. released a deluxe edition of the album, and there's also a DVD-A of it as well. I know of three different Rumours[/b] bootlegs out there with alternate takes and whatnot, perhaps the vocal track exists there.

EDIT: Or... I haven't seen it, but it may be on this too:

• You sent me the Smile boxset, which I love.

Now I'll have to seek out that Rumours DVD..Have you see it yet? The Steely Dan one is amazing, and even the Nirvana one had moments (the in-studio with Butch Vig stuff was great).

Thanks to everyone for the info.

do you remember which boxset? i'd love to hear these acapellas.

I thought I sent that box set to you. Or was it just the Smile box? I have The Pet Sounds Sessions box set if you want a copy.

• You sent me the Smile boxset, which I love.

Now I'll have to seek out that Rumours DVD..Have you see it yet? The Steely Dan one is amazing, and even the Nirvana one had moments (the in-studio with Butch Vig stuff was great).

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Haven't seen either of those. I have seen the ones for Electric Ladyland[/b], Dark Side Of The Moon[/b], and Songs In The Key Of Life[/b]. I would like to see the Aja[/b] one though.