How many coffees in a work day?

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I'm trying to live with 2 these days. My boss just drank her 6th. How about YOU?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    LOTS.

• zero.

• I used to drink coffe everyday. I'm a teacher and I found myself freaking out over the stupidest shit when I drank coffe. Cut it out of my week. I only drink green tea mon-thu. I reward myself with one cup of French Press coffee on Friday.

On the weekends I'll drink a couple of cups.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    2 cups in the AM... wussy diet cola in the afternoon... alcohol at night to counteract

• A week ago I drank about 10-12 shots a day. I quit coffee 5 days ago and i haven't felt this good in a long time. My stomach doesn't always feel jacked up and i have decent sleeping patterns again. Fuck I love coffee but it's all about will power.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    zero.

So you must be a.......

I love will power, but its all about the coffee baby.

I just wish we had something better than fucking foldgers at work.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    as much as I can. Usually about 4 cups. It keeps me going until 4.

• 2 cups in the AM, then if I have class at night (about half the weekdays) 2 at around 6. More than that and I get a little

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    3 cups per day. 8AM, 10AM, 2PM. I'm a man of routine. We have a pretty heavy duty espresso machine at the office, but I stick to the Americano now. I was drinking 3 mochas a day, but all that milk and chocolate would mess up my stomach.

DJ Ferrari

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Depends. I've had as many as 5 or 6 in a day. Always one cup at least. I tried quitting months ago and lasted about a week. I don't fiend for it but my commute seems dull without it. It does kind of mess up my sleep routine which I've been working on improving.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I used to drink coffe everyday. I'm a teacher and I found myself freaking out over the stupidest shit when I drank coffe. Cut it out of my week. I only drink green tea mon-thu. I reward myself with one cup of French Press coffee on Friday.

On the weekends I'll drink a couple of cups.

Unless you're drinking decaf, there's caffeine in green tea, too.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts

Hah!!

If only it were just coffee that made me feel this way...

I try to stick to one large strong cup of Peets coffee in the a.m. and that's it for the day (although this morning I treated myself to two).

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Coffee doesn't make me edgy unless I have some really strong stuff. I know of one place in my neighbor whose joe does that to me. Most other places have little effect. They only bring up to normal.

• usually 2 cups in the morning, that's it. I often want to drink it in the evening too, but it usually messes a little bit with the sleep if I do, and I'm not really about decaf...

• an adderall and half a xani-bar

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    At least four cups a day... I don't even wanna know what my max is...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    zero.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    cup of coffee followed by a banana: your digestive problems are SOLVED.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    zero.

I love coffee but try to live without it in my life

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    one a day and a couple cups on weekends...

teres this lady at my work that downs a couple of those 'rockstar/monster' energy drinks every morning. that is some shit!

-rich

I just wish we had something better than fucking foldgers at work.
    me too, and for the last 2-3 months they've stopped buying creamer or sugar, so i only drink it on the weekend if i go out to breakfast or vietnamese noodles (pho).

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    2 cups in the AM... wussy diet cola in the afternoon... alcohol at night to counteract

that about sums it up for me. I've been substituting a diet dr. pepper for one of these instead

• I just wish we had something better than fucking foldgers at work.
    me too, and for the last 2-3 months they've stopped buying creamer or sugar, so i only drink it on the weekend if i go out to breakfast or vietnamese noodles (pho).

this will turn into a pho thread in

• I drink a pot of French Press in the morning, and a decaf in the afternoon. Making and drinking my morning coffee is the most satisfying ritual in my day.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    too much coffee gives you whte man disease

I keep 3 different tea cannisters at my desk, filled with the most non-masculine flavors available

right now I'm sipping on some blueberry pomegranite with a smidge of vanilla powder

• Making and drinking my morning coffee is the most satisfying ritual in my day.
    Agreed.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    reading this non-hostile, nr(ace)-related thread was refreshing...

just like the one cup of chai latte w/ soy milk i drink some afternoons