ex-Girlfriend Non-appreciation post

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I don't know what it is, but the most fucked up of the ex's seems to always find thier way back to you. Don't know if this is a universal truth but it defintly seems to be the way it is in my world.

I had this girl that I was seeing for just short of 2 years. I fell hard for this girl and damn near dedicated my life to her, over time I kinda realized it wasn't worth it cause this girl wasn't what I perceived her to be and the view I had of her was definitly through some rose colored glasses. I was pretty hurt by this, it wasn't her fault as much as it was my own assumptions that led me to think what I did. The last 3 months we were together were absolutely awful. I would break up with her constantly only to come back cause I can't stand the idea of breaking someones heart. eventually after enough of this we ended our relationship the only way we could cleanly do so...bitterly.

So now nearly a year later shes been trying to contact me. I tried to play the sweet guy and act nice about it, but without the rose colored glasses I just can't do it. I find this girl to be pretentious (sp) and annoying every characteristic I liked about her is not there and if I were to meet this person out in the street today I'd waste no more than 2 seconds passing her by...but anyways I digress, she contacts me a couple times and I find myself annoyed and angry. I have a tough time being anything even close to mean to girls. I sit there and speak to her about shit that just makes my blood boil, finally during the last conversation we had I told her she needs to leave me alone because I realy don't like being around her. Of course I worded it a little more sensitive than that but she took the hint and left me with the famous words of guild "Sorry I even bothered you". Now I feel like shit, its like a flashback to all the shitty things I went thoguh with this girl and there is no hope of me resolving this. What makes it even worse is she bothers to reach me a couple hours before I go out with this fine girl I've known for some time. Mentally my night is fucked up I absoultely hate this feeling and can't think of anyway of feeling better other than writing.

I guess ther should be a lesson learned in all this but I can't find it...perhaps the lesson is "Ignore those that only seem to bring bad things to your life", ahh who knows...who knows why I am even still typing, anyways I hope everyone has a better Saturday night than me

-Adam

Comments

• so, where's your blog at?

no seriously, there doesn't have to be an excuse to NOT keep in contact with your ex... simply put: get her out of your mind. Tell her that you feel uncomfortable around her now that you are seeing other people... you know , all that stuff.... c'mon man.

don't martyr yourself for someone else's hurt feelings... ESPECIALLY if you don't have feelings for her.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    She's totally playing a head game with you and not the good kind. The "sorry I bothered you" is the total bullshit "I'm going to make you feel guilty cuz I'm too pathetic to actually have any redeeming qualities that would make some one want to be with me so I have to take advantage of a nice guy and bully him into being with me." Believe me I'm going throught the exact same thing and as soon as I said I was seeing some one suddenly I didn't have to talk to the ex any more cuz she knewe she blew it and can't get away with the games any more. She still tried to act like I was the prick for getting on with my life but I know better. Don't sweat it holmes, get on with the new girl and you'll be fine.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    good words man, I just walked about with my dog and cleared my mind. Truth be told I'm a pushover when it comes to women and children. either one of them cries or asks for something I'm like Johnny on the spot to help out. Trying my best to put that shit out of mind but I still find it kinda lingering...anywayss no more of this sad lamenting internet shit I'm bout get on and get out

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Try looking at this in a positive way - all this pain & heartache can only help you to one day cut the most emotionaly charged "neo-moder soul" records ever recorded by a white man...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    either one of them cries or asks for something I'm like Johnny on the spot to help out.

That is definitely not like Jonny...

Cut that record dude. Sing it with a white man's modern soul fury and passion. Show the world that a white man can have a hairy chest and power-stache just like Carl Weathers and drop soulful styles like a load in your pants.

With Pearson on percussion and background vocals. That shit will move UNIT$$$$$

Lead single: "You're My Peaceful Solution (Girl)"

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    well Adam, if it makes you feel any better, Saturday night was the worst night of my life

either one of them cries or asks for something I'm like Johnny on the spot to help out.

That is definitely not like Jonny...

Cut that record dude. Sing it with a white man's modern soul fury and passion. Show the world that a white man can have a hairy chest and power-stache just like Carl Weathers and drop soulful styles like a load in your pants.

With Pearson on percussion and background vocals. That shit will move UNIT$$$$$

Lead single: "You're My Peaceful Solution (Girl)"

awesome!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Posted by TheMack on Saturday night:

Sin City - The Best movie ive ever seen. see it immediately

Posted by TheMack on Sunday evening.

Saturday night was the worst night of my life

well i saw Sin City around 5. then the night went very bad

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Let me guess...Your little n****s roughed you up because you didn't want to see Beauty Shop with them?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

That should have read

IT WAS THE KIND OF EVENING THAT MAKES WINOS SWEAR OFF THE PINK ELEPHANTS FOR LIFE SO I WAS PACKING HEAT AND ARGYLE LIKE FARNSWORTH BENTLEY IN A SWEATLODGE. SENSING THE DANGER IN THE AIR, I SAW SIN CITY AROUND 5.

THEN THE NIGHT WENT BAD.

VERY BAD.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    "Mamaaaa, I just killed a man..."

Soulstrut is surreal today

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Let me guess...Your little n****s roughed you up because you didn't want to see Beauty Shop with them?

I was just watching a fairly decent bootleg of Beauty Shop while at work at the hospital.

just to put everything in perspective for everyone, be thankful if you are safe and miserable at home, and/or only dealing with ex-es. Today at the Children's Hospital in DC they have had more than 6 traumas since I got here at 4:30, including 1 gunshot wound. I am having to be nice to parents who are whining about a 2 hour wait to have their kids seen for pink eye in the Urgent Care, which when you consider the stuff that's going on across the hall, I don't have much sympathy for.

But,in spite of it all I still wanna know if theMack is feeling better.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Translation: "I shit the bed more than one time"

dude seriously, i WISH thats what woulda happened

dude seriously, i WISH thats what woulda happened

man if someone died or is sick i am sorry, but if it's anything else spill it, scouts honor i won't go at you

no, nothing that bad. i just did something to a friend of mine that i feel really bad about

• was it a hot carl?

WOW!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'm not sure if I should be laughing or crying at your avatar, Peter.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Mack said in the Sin City post that he got faded. I'm wondering if this is before or after the shit hit the fan. I need details

i just did something to a friend of mine that i feel really bad about

so you gonna keep us guessing huh?

ok

does it have anything to do with your trade list?

heres what happened

i accidentally hit one of my friends in the mouth with a bowl. i chipped their tooth. it was a big mess and they were very upset, and they still are very upset and very mad at me

Did it involve "hollering at" anything?

• dog you shoulda flipped the script and blamed him for some soft enamel!..i mean seriously, were you just passing to the left or did you punch him in the face with it?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    heres what happened

i accidentally hit one of my friends in the mouth with a bowl. i chipped their tooth. it was a big mess and they were very upset, and they still are very upset and very mad at me

That's what friends do man. Don't worry too much about it. Years from now you'll look back on it and laugh (I hope).

"remember when I knocked your tooth out?!"

Seriously, I have some scars from fucking around when I was younger and i've given some too. Shit just happens.

heres what happened

a bowl that you eat cereal in or the weed type bowl?

man my friend knocked another fiends tooth out with a yo yo, they will get over it, and if they don't they are a "gay pussy"*

*my attempt to communicate with the_mack on his level so that we can start the healing process

• day,

i smell what you're steppin in. will definitely be somethin to look back on comically in a year or so, fuck it prolly sooner than that. but i'm guessing the guy probably got pretty heated/anxiety stricken when thinkin how he'd splain this debacle to his parents and/or showin up @ school with a broke tooth.

they will get over it, and if they don't they are a "gay pussy"*

*my attempt to communicate with the_mack on his level so that we can start the healing process

true words.

first off, it was one of my girl friends(the main reason i feel so bad about it, if it was one of my male buddies, he just woulda been like, i dont care)

and how it happened. i was real drunk and i was tryin to get some ice cream. i had a bowl in my hand. said girl comes up and takes my hat off and puts it on her head. i had the bowl in my right hand. the bill of the hat was out, ya follow? in my drunken state i tried to hit the hat OFF her head by hitting the bill and making the hat fly off, ya dig? in my drunken state i hit her in the mouth