Born In The Bronx (REAL SCHITT RELATED)

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I just spent some time with a great man and great collectro who is responsible for the following. It is an incredible piece of history and (IMO) a must-own. Very limited 250 press individually numbered. Good Records NYC is the only place in New York you will be able to get this. But this is far from a sales pitch, I just really feel this stuff is important to share with the world. So, with no further self-promotion or other ado, plaese to peep and show ya love.

First, a remastered version of the historic battle between the Cold Crush 4 and Fantastic 5 at Harlem World. Previously only available on bootleg cassette and suspect-sounding wax. Featuring the deleted ending which shows the winner clearly! It was originally deleted by a crew member to obscure the results.

Next up, 3 books. 1 of interviews:

1 of photos, by the original hip-hop photographer Joe Conzo:

and 1 of old school flyers. This is by far the most comprehensive collection of this kind of stuff:

Lastly, the package includes the following print, numbered and signed by Joe Conzo:

and the following silkscreened bill, signed by Buddy ESQ.

I have listened to the battle several times since I got back to the store and the sound quality is just incredible. Anyone interested or claiming to represent THAT REAL SCHITT! needs to get with this. I am gonna try to post audio in the next few days, so stay tuned!

The same gentleman gave me the following original pieces to host in my shop, more incredible artifacts:

JS

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    jesus christ this looks dope as fuck

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I just had lunch with Dustin Diamond (AKA Screech)

He's writing a book on down syndrome but I don't have any pictures to share

JP, how much is the book?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    umm...

How does one aquire such goods if they are very far from NYC?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

• to all - I will make a sales post with all the buying info. I have limited quantity and will have to try to secure more in order to meet the internet/mail order demand. Thank you all for the interest and stay tuned for the clips.

• that's insane.....cool package for real.

• That Keo TOP Dump Rudy train panel is is dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the Stan 153 tag, blast from the past, the fucking truth!!!!!

I know you're getting a million and 1 pms, but please to hold one for me and I'll be there first thing Saturday.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    please to hold one for me and I'll be there first thing Saturday.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    please to hold one for me and I'll be there paypal you first thing Saturday.
    Damn euclidean geometry#!!@

• Just so you guys know, before this gets out of hand, this is a collectors item and it is priced accordingly.

This is also something that I was generously given as a special for my shop and I won't shift all of them over the internet, unless I can get more copies...

Thank you again for all the interest.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Well cotDAMN... I know you already put one aside for the real schitter, riiiiiight?

I already have low-grade copies of some of this stuff, but this package looks super-official. Meaning . I will PM you for details, let me know the damages.

BTW, I think I was actually at that GM Flash / Cold Crush show in Bridgeport CT.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Is there a ballpark figure?

Or do we need to PM you for the price?

• It is ~$100.

I think there is a British site that has 'em for 50 pounds, for the international set this might work out better.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    http://www.freewheelinmedia.com/bitb/book.html

is it this with bonus prints & the wax? or are the book something different?

• That is just the three books.

• Just so you guys know, before this gets out of hand, this is a collectors item and it is priced accordingly.

Hey man, I'll drop a Reynaldo

• That is just the three books.

If your just wanting the books I got a copy from Rootdown Records in the UK for about ??10 so check out their site.

However if the one you get any with the vinyl I think I would be tempted to part with $100

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    that print with moe dee and caz is pumpin!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    johnny. save one for the god. i'll be in there tomorrow.

• http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=crates&Number=458700&Forum=All_Forums&Words=born%20in%20the%20bronx&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=458672&Search=true#Post458700

I bought the books about 10 months ago. Costed me about $25US.

There was some confusion with the print run. Inside the book states 2,500 printed. The online stores stated only 250 copies printed. Hence the confusion. None of them had the record with it.

Yet i am to believe that there was a limited run of the 250 wax with the book. And that is what you have almost a year later???

Dope books, but looks like you have the ultra deal.

Saw it on eBay about 5 months ago for $150 Buy Now.

• Much love to Johnny for posting the pictures of this incredible set... For what it's worth, I have three copies of the limited edition numbered to 250, so if anyone's interested, hit me up... I'd be willing to talk trade on one of them...

But how about we take it to the ...

I was lucky enough to score the ultra rare lettered edition to 25: [/b]

It includes everything in the limited edition numbered to 250, plus...

A nice little envelope signed and numbered by Joe Conzo...[/b]

... containing 10 signed and numbered photos by the legendary Cold Crush photographer:[/b]

5 Buddy ESQ flyers (one signed, all numbered):[/b]

And the record:[/b]

The catalogues in this set are identical to the others...

I'd strongly suggest heads at least cop the catalogues... They're worth it for the Joe Conzo photos and flyers alone...

Cold Crush Brothers with tommy guns =[/b]

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, I just saw this over at my man Jeff Chang's house the other day.

You still got 'em around JP?

• Sureshot that is amazing. I'm gonna have to try to pry one of those extra-limited jammies offa J**** when he gets back into town!

As for the 10 that I have, I hate to do this but the internet sales are not really gonna happen. I just can't do it. There are more than 10 in NYC alone that are coming into the store for this. I'm really sorry and will try to get some more but just imagine - I woke up to nearly 30 PMs. Not counting the 15 or so I got last night when I first posted.

I figured there would be interest but I had no idea. So, you all have REDEEMED YOURSELVES IN THE EYES OF THE REAL SCHITT REPRESENTATIVES!!!!!

Tonight, I will record the battle. If I can somehow find someone to host a file that big then it'll be posted - anyone that has capacity please email me at [email]good.records@gmail.com.[/email]

Peace, JS

• Sureshot that is amazing. I'm gonna have to try to pry one of those extra-limited jammies offa J**** when he gets back into town!

As for the 10 that I have, I hate to do this but the internet sales are not really gonna happen. I just can't do it. There are more than 10 in NYC alone that are coming into the store for this. I'm really sorry and will try to get some more but just imagine - I woke up to nearly 30 PMs. Not counting the 15 or so I got last night when I first posted.

Peace, JS

J,

Yeah -- I was pretty amped to get a copy... Hopefully you join the fam on that one... The Joe Conzo flicks are crazy!!!

And while I didn't get 30 PMs dropped in my box , I do appreciate everyone getting to me... I'll respond as quickly as possible... I don't have any extras of the Lettered Edition, just one or two of the Limited (to 250) that I'd be down to trade...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Did that come in after I was in the shop?

• Did that come in after I was in the shop?

I got them yesterday afternoon - I was closed much of the day to go see the original artwork, pick up the store copies, and pull of a monsterous trade.