Which record do you want buried w/ you?

Melodious_ThunkMelodious_Thunk 77 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Creepy, but on the interesting note...which records would you want buried (or creamated) with you? Name 1 LP, one 12" & one 45. (that you own). If you are that type of guy, one 78 also.Here it goes...LP- Ike Turner & the Kings of Rhythm - A Black Man's Soul (It's amazing, life affirming at times.+ The title allows me to still have a soul in them bones even when mine's not.12" Cybotron - Alleys of Your Mind / Cosmic Cars . The Blueprint. It was close between this and A Number of Names - Sharivari.45 - Sound of the Fast Food Resturants Vol. 1 - I need my humor intact. What's yours.........???

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    DIE!

• LA will make you pay...and maybe Electric Lucifer by Bruce Haack, so I can win some points.

• buried with a record?? wow, that's the ultimate record nerd's last request!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Do people actually do this?

Is grave digging the next level of digging?!

• ********, you think we should have opened that coffin to check for more records? (true story).

• Options
    I don't want to be buried with naything material. If I die with the musical memory I've attained so far, I will be happy.

Give all my LP's back to their original artists, plaese.

K in Canada.

• Give all my LP's back to their original artists, plaese.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I don't want to be buried with naything material

All this "stuff" in life is transient.

Material things make me happy temporarily so it doesn't mean shit to me.

Less is more.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

(true story).

• Lp jan johansson - jazz p?? svenska
    12?? nobody beats the beats - Beat Diggin' Song

not shure about the 45??

• Lp jan johansson - jazz p?? svenska
    ??

Good call fellow scandinavian

Records i want to be buried with:

Eunice Collins "at the hotel" (Mod-Art)
    AZ "mo money mo murder" 12"
    Arnies Love "out of your life" 12"

Or maybe i'll just build a huge maoseleum of my entire collection instead

/L

• chasechase 767 Posts
    what do dead people need with records?

• what do dead people need with records?

The dead can dance.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    what do dead people need with records?

Sometime in the future, someone might dig up your grave (possibly aliens). If you've got a Stark Reality with you, they'll go "YO HE GOT THAT HEAT!"

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Give all my LP's back to Danno, plaese.

K in Canada.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

In the hope of ressurecting...

• girgir 329 Posts

The dead can dance.

::rimshot::

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the chinese traditionally burn paper models of material goods for the afterlife. They'll have paper houses, paper cars, ghost money etc etc.......

I guess you can burn lp sleeves too if you really want, hah.

• Sexy Coffee Pot - by far my fave song.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• I don't really give a shit if my records come with me, you guys can plunder them. You can dump my ashes in the Albert Ayler Box. It is a pretty box, as good as any I could hope to hold my remains.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Well, I'm hoping to have my own records out before my time so I'll go with those.

I've always thought it would be cool to put in your will that all vinyl will be secretly given back to various random thrift stores. Then the hunt begins

DJ Ferrari

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    would you be so kind and leave me your Band X copy then

• Well, I'm hoping to have my own records out before my time so I'll go with those.

I've always thought it would be cool to put in your will that all vinyl will be secretly given back to various random thrift stores. Then the hunt begins

DJ Ferrari

that is if we aren't in some post petroleum apocalyse where the use of electricity is forbidden.

i mean most of you will probably die in 50-60 years i'd say so it may well be that time. looking for records would be the least of peoples worries then.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

Band X? Sounds familiar, where they from western Michigan? I think I tracked down the drummer when I was doing some garage research. He said they named the group after those commercials where they compaired two products. For example: the powerful cleaning power of Tide detergent verses the useless 'brand x'.
    Anyway, I don't remember hearing the music. Good?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Band X? Sounds familiar, where they from western Michigan? I think I tracked down the drummer when I was doing some garage research. He said they named the group after those commercials where they compaired two products. For example: the powerful cleaning power of Tide detergent verses the useless 'brand x'.
    Anyway, I don't remember hearing the music. Good?

The group Brand X is what you're thinking. Band X is from Boston. Good would be a serious understatement. Facemelting is a better description.

DJ Ferrari