What to hippies dance to?

Comments

• and Rusted Root, Counting Crows,

damn, you're tapping into scary territory here

I don't know about Counting Crows arn't they more AOR.

yeah, I guess you're right, I think I got caught up in the 'lead-singer-with-dreadlocks' syndrome. Although I think he shaved them off.

yeah, I guess you're right, I think I got caught up in the 'lead-singer-with-dreadlocks' syndrome. Although I think he shaved them off.

I had a french teacher in 6th grade who was all about the counting crows when they first got big. She was 6 feet tall with red hair she always wore high heels. She wasn't a hippy but you could smell her coming because she wore so much purfume and smoked ciggerets.

• just play some crunchy jams brah!

just play anything with a didjereedoo..or however the fuck ya spell it.

I would say play the widespread dead phish root shit, but I would have to have a pencil to shove in my ear after about 15 minutes of that crap.

or better yet, this always sounds really good really loud, music made by scumbag hippies..the actually good hippy music:

• Make sure that you're on the bill as 'DJ Altamont'.

• Spooky Rueben.

• more AOR.

whats AOR?

on the issue:
    Michel Fugain & Big Basar - Attention Mesdames et Messieurs (or whats it spelled, my french suxx)
    Nancy Wilson - Ten Years of Tears
    and throw soem Doors in, might even try the Bossarocker.

• more AOR.

whats AOR?

on the issue:
    Michel Fugain & Big Basar - Attention Mesdames et Messieurs (or whats it spelled, my french suxx)
    Nancy Wilson - Ten Years of Tears
    and throw soem Doors in, might even try the Bossarocker.

Oh no don't ask. Do a search there was a long thread on AOR last week,

• damn, should really use the search button from time to time. thx.

• I'd spin to "St. Stephen>>>The Eleven" from:

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    and Rusted Root, Counting Crows,

pathetically enough, they were fake

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    I would stick to:

Latin
    AfroBeat
    Funk (of all kinds really)
    Reggae (Early Dance hall, roots and New Roots I don't know about all the jump-up shit though, bring some and test it out I guess)
    Classic Hip-Hop party Jams like "Hypnotize" shit of the Chronic etc.
    Anything about weed is a safe bet
    Maybe some tribal/trance type shit w/ lots of percussion

What's the age range? If some o' these folks are 18- 25 they might cotton to some newer HUGE radio shit like "Drop it like it's Hot"

pathetically enough, they were fake

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I saw a hippie kid on the PACKED DC Metro today, sitting down in the aisle, blocking everyone from moving past the middle of the car. Now, he was in the middle of the aisle, but by flopping himself down he took up at least 3 people worth of space. Then, he acted all annoyed when I had to step over his stupid ass. I swear I wanted to grab that fuckin' idiot to his feet by his scraggly patchy Jesus beard. But I didn't.

Off topic, but just one more reason I hate young hippies.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Project Blowed

• pathetically enough, they were fake
    I had heard that too, from a dude who went to Cal which aparantly was a big Duritz hang-out. And yet still I found it hard to believe. I mean, really?

• Birkenstocks with THICK socks.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Project Blowed

Swoooosh...

*The sound of D-Ology being pushed off stage by Self-Jupiter*

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I would stick to:

Latin
    AfroBeat
    Funk (of all kinds really)
    Reggae (Early Dance hall, roots and New Roots I don't know about all the jump-up shit though, bring some and test it out I guess)
    Classic Hip-Hop party Jams like "Hypnotize" shit of the Chronic etc.
    Anything about weed is a safe bet
    Maybe some tribal/trance type shit w/ lots of percussion

What's the age range? If some o' these folks are 18- 25 they might cotton to some newer HUGE radio shit like "Drop it like it's Hot"

this is the correct answer. hippies like shit with a beat, and don't like anything that's abrasive. actually, i think hippies are great to dj for, b/c they are generally open minded about music (again, as long as it isn't too abrasive) and, unlike about 75% of the population, will dance to shit they don't know.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I've done a couple similar gigs and they were all reggae, afrobeat, latin, and lots of James Brown.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    The Brazillian/Afrobeat/Reggae angle sounds best. Foreign languages will make them feel more 'aware'.

Project Blowed

Swoooosh...

click-clack

*the sound of D-ology cocking hsi glock in the parking lot of the club

"uh uh uhhhhh, Ah shit D-ology!!! I didn't know that was you on stage. We don't want no beef with you dudes." "It was all a misunderstanding"

An ACTUAL quote from Aceyalone about to shit his pants when he realized that D-ology was a REAL fucking gangster...

Get your story straight fan boy. You see them dudes don't even COME to houston no more.

Get ya shit straight. I'll let D-ology know you were talking shit about him.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Primus and Strawberry Alarm Clock

Project Blowed

Swoooosh...

click-clack

"uh uh uhhhhh, Ah shit D-ology!!! I didn't know that was you on stage. We don't want no beef with you dudes." "It was all a misunderstanding"

An ACTUAL quote from Aceyalone about to shit his pants when he realized that D-ology was a REAL fucking gangster...

Get your story straight fan boy. You see them dudes don't even COME to houston no more.

Like Acey is supposed to say "Hey D-Ology, I see you have a gun there. Now please shoot all of us over some dumb shit."

But if you really want to have a who's-more-gangsta contest, my money stays on Self Jupiter.

Project Blowed

Swoooosh...

click-clack

Like Acey is supposed to say "Hey D-Ology, I see you have a gun there. Now please shoot all of us over some dumb shit."

But if you really want to have a who's-more-gangsta contest, my money stays on Self Jupiter.

Is that why he went BACK into Cardi's after seeing POC waiting outside?

Get your story straight fanboy.

Project Blowed

Swoooosh...

click-clack

Again, if D-Ology was the only one with a gun on him, and he was waving it around for all to see, who in their right mind would want to fight him?

Project Blowed

Swoooosh...

click-clack

Again, if D-Ology was the only one with a gun on him, and he was waving it around for all to see, who in their right mind would want to fight him?

so if we're nto playing the game of "who's the biggest gangster?", why mention that D-Ology got pushed off stage?

Your boys nutted up, straight facts. They're no less of men for doing it, but damn, you're so biased in favor of PB that you think it's better for a dude to "Sucker push" someone 100 lbs lighter off stage than to have said pushee strap up and pull their cards.

the fuck?

get ya mind right

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Project Blowed

Swoooosh...

click-clack

so if we're nto playing the game of "who's the biggest gangster?", why mention that D-Ology got pushed off stage?

Your boys nutted up, straight facts. They're no less of men for doing it, but damn, you're so biased in favor of PB that you think it's better for a dude to "Sucker push" someone 100 lbs lighter off stage than to have said pushee strap up and pull their cards.

the fuck?

get ya mind right

can't you two go have sex and just get it over with?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    "Who's the biggest gangster?"...hella funny that this started as a "what do hippies dance do?" post...