more tepid terds?

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    anything by Digable Planets

what??? have you listend to "blowout comb?"

Ha! I said, 'uh oh' out lout to myself as I read that one.

DJ Ferrari

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'd say Boot Camp Click's For the Peope is a tepid turd, but that's being too generous to it. It's more like a steaming pile of shit (except for "Illanoyze" and the beat for "Ohkeedoke").

Also, I liked Labcabincalifornia, though not as much as Bizarre Ride. I don't think Lab qualifies for tepid status.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I'd say Boot Camp Click's For the Peope is a tepid turd, but that's being too generous to it. It's more like a steaming pile of shit (except for "Illanoyze" and the beat for "Ohkeedoke").

That LP signaled the Death of the BCC. And I say that being a Hardcore BCC fan!

• [Gift Of Gab - 4th Dimensional....

officially buggin'. that's been Gifts only other good album besides Melodica, and the beats where all done by Jake One and Vitamin D (no Cheif Excel snoozers). Probally one of my fav. albums in the past few years.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I'd say everything Boot Camp Click ever did, aside from one or two singles, is rather tepid.

• You're talking about Arabian Prince or whatever that shit is, right?
    Surely you can't mean the first Bob Digi???
    oh yeah, man. save for "holocaust" and one or two others, that shit sucked.

• anything by Digable Planets

what??? have you listened to "blowout comb?"

Allow me to hatt: My wife DJed the opening set for a Digable Planets show on Sunday and I didn't even go.

Carry on.

I'd say everything Boot Camp Click ever did, aside from one or two singles, is rather tepid.

Wow, finally somebody else who thinks this. BCC: Great production, lousy rhymes.

• IF YOU DO NOT THINK ENTA DA STAGE AND DAH SHININ' ARE CLASSIC ALBUMS THEN YOU ARE OFFICIALLY A WHO IS AND DOESN'T KNOW THAT REAL SCHITT WHEN IT BITES YOUR ASS!

• IF YOU DO NOT THINK ENTA DA STAGE AND DAH SHININ' ARE CLASSIC ALBUMS THEN YOU ARE OFFICIALLY A WHO IS AND DOESN'T KNOW THAT REAL SCHITT WHEN IT BITES YOUR ASS!

It didn't have enough "fast rap" joints for Young_Enki's mach-speed like tastes.

BCC = 87-95 BPM's

• anything by Digable Planets

Allow me to hatt: My wife DJed the opening set for a Digable Planets show on Sunday and I didn't even go.

Carry on.

wow. i saw them last fall w/ brian jackson on the keys, which was cool, and dug most of the show - ladybug was fly as hell, too.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    anything by Digable Planets

Carry on.

wow. i saw them last fall w/ brian jackson on the keys, which was cool, and dug most of the show - ladybug was fly as hell, too.

• ladybug was fly as hell, too.

FLY. AS. HELL

• ladybug was fly as hell, too.

FLY. AS. HELL

all right. you got me there. definitely

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1138153107edpowers">

Blowout Comb[/b]
    Classic
    Ehh
    Dog Shit
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

IF YOU DO NOT THINK ENTA DA STAGE AND DAH SHININ' ARE CLASSIC ALBUMS THEN YOU ARE OFFICIALLY A WHO IS AND DOESN'T KNOW THAT REAL SCHITT WHEN IT BITES YOUR ASS!

It didn't have enough "fast rap" joints for Young_Enki's mach-speed like tastes.

BCC = 87-95 BPM's

Hahahaha! Well played, Young Most. Well played.

"If they was to flip 'Bucktown' on 45 so I could dance to it...."

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i like "bucktown" and "buck em down" enough. but really to take a whole album of that just doesn't grab me. (or any songs without the word "buck" in the title). it's not that those albums are bad, i just don't really see why i'd want to listen to em again.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    this picture always makes me crack up.

• Hmm, five tepid hip hop terds,unfortunately there are a lot to choose from.
    Lets begin with these...

Divine Styler (Both Lps!)

Any Quannum/Blackalicous ish (snooze zzzzz)

Pharcyde : Bizzare Ride

Majority of Rawkus output after the first few 12"s

Most of Kool Keiths recordings post Ultramagnetic

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Most of Kool Keiths recordings post Ultramagnetic

FUCK YES!

• Oh and I'll add any De La Lp post Stakes is High...

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

I always liked 'labcab', let the hatt begin.

co-signature.

ditto...i always liked it. hatt all you want.

• Any Talib Kweli solo album ???

• Nigga Please is genius. By far my favorite Outsider Rap album. Yes, even better than Wesley Willis. But if RZA was doing Wesley's beats, that "Batman and Robin. Batman and Robin. Batman and Robin." schitt might have taken the #1 spot.

Peace,
    Cortez

you're right, that album is extremely , even though i dig it. does that make sense?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    If somebody steals your tepid terd? Would that make them a tepid terd burglar???

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    I was kind of hoping there would be a bit more vociferous hatting going on here, that was my intention with 'Steaming Stools' anyway.

Artifacts - 'Thats Them' is a greasy smoking fat brown toilet cigar

Add On like Show & AG...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

i like "bucktown" and "buck em down" enough. but really to take a whole album of that just doesn't grab me. (or any songs without the word "buck" in the title). it's not that those albums are bad, i just don't really see why i'd want to listen to em again.

This is where you should just step away from rap blogdom.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    This is where you should just step away from my dick.

you're right, that album is extremely
    , even though i dig it. does that make sense?

I seriously think that "sunshine" on this (is it the correct title? It's that Commodores sampled tune.. ) is maybe not THE best but at least easily top 3.

But it seemed like a lot of my favourites were hated on here, i must say OC "jewelz" has some fantastic highlights and "labcab.." is brilliant, also i really like "the real weight" off that No i.d. lp...

Some from me that i don't like:

Most stuff that Roots did after "illadelph halflife"
    Wu Tang "iron flag"
    Except for some hand-picked tunes everything by Jay-Z except "reasonable doubt" , i just can't see what the rubble about that guy is

/L