Ghostface "Fish Scale" Album Cover:

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    By listening to that Ghost song, I think the East really has to pick the game up, by going back to the 87-90 era of hip-hop, in terms of the tempo of the loop being sped up.
    This is where other areas of rap in other area's of the country are excelling.

"Going back" is bullshit. Move forward.............Fuck the "GOLDEN ERA". It's OVER, move on. What about the "WEST"?

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I'm hearing there's still one song being put on the lp from a heavyweight NYC producer that wasn't on the track list last week...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    now what species of fish are those on the cover actually?

My guess is carp because of the scales.

isn't carp a freshwater fish? i thought ghost would be representin some real atlantic coast of shaolin type of fish?

Uh...

• now what species of fish are those on the cover actually?

That is straight CARP. My grandmother has Been representin CARP on the PASSOVER table for like 15 years now. Straight GEFILTA (K PARVE) for that ass. You aint real unless you eat the head too .

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

That is straight CARP. My grandmother has Been representin CARP on the PASSOVER table for like 15 years now. Straight GEFILTA (K PARVE) for that ass. You aint real unless you eat the head too .

Real Jewz (and Chineez) know the deal.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    BTW, I thought his official name was just "Ghostface" now (wasn't that what he went by for the Pretty Toney album?)

That had me wondering too... I'd assumed they changed it to make him more 'marketable'... maybe they decided that wasn't working...

That new logo is CRAZY though...

• I ate fish for breakfast this morning, mufuckas.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I ate fish for breakfast this morning, mufuckas.

THAT REAL SCHITT

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    ok, excuse me for my lack of fish knowledge. i haven't eaten fish since 1993 and we don't have no carps here anyway. just salmon.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    freshness
    ready for this new ghost
    thanks for postin those links

• B>FISSCALE?????????/B>

Wow. That bums me out.

• Really feelin these sampler tracks so far. This should be good and hopefully a solid LP. Last one had some unnecessary songs on it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

My guess is carp because of the scales.

i guess he couldn't put piles and piles of coke on the cover.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

B>FISSCALE?????????/B>

Wow. That bums me out.

I didn't get this reference the first time...what am I missing here?

• B>FISSCALE?????????/B>

Wow. That bums me out.
    what does? the knife to the fish?? im pretty sure we just can't see the H if thats what you mean. i got the sampler at the club on friday and i think its pretty good, better than i was expecting to be honest.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

"Back Like That" should have been called "Be the Same" PART 2. Still enjoying it though...

"Charlie Brown" is SIK!

• who can't see the "H"? That shit is right there

on his jacket

on his jacket

Oh right. I'm sure it's just obscured

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Wowwww.... glad to see so many people on here like this. I think Ghost gets a pass on SS, though... anybody else doing a track like this would probably get a consensus of

Can this sound actually be popular in 2006??? I mean, after all, it is THAT REAL SCHITT???. Well, whatever... keep killin' it, Ghost.

I hope this is the sound of 2006. Return of THAT REAL SCHITT???

• I'm not sure that I've ever heard anyone sample Tropicalia on a hip hop record before. Are there other examples of this?

• I'm not sure that I've ever heard anyone sample Tropicalia on a hip hop record before. Are there other examples of this?

The song, the album, or the movement?

Jorge Ben was sampled by the Black Eyed Peas, and there will be more to come. Producers are hip to it.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

B>FISSCALE?????????/B>

Wow. That bums me out.

I didn't get this reference the first time...what am I missing here?

Fishscale is a type of cocaine that is Flaky and a weird color (resembling fishscales) instead of powdery. Apparently it is really good.

• so dope. can't wait to hear the rest.
    awesome that someone gets bummed out over t-shirt typos.

on his jacket

No...it looks like there are 4 letters on the left--presumably F-I-S--then on the right S-C-A-L-E. Hence FISSCALE.

Stand up straight, Ghost! Let real (anal about spelling) headz know the deal.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

No...it looks like there are 4 letters[/b] on the left--presumably F-I-S[/b]--then on the right S-C-A-L-E. Hence FISSCALE.

F-I-S is only three of those supposed 4...

• No...it looks like there are 4 letters[/b] on the left--presumably F-I-S[/b]--then on the right S-C-A-L-E. Hence FISSCALE.

F-I-S is only three of those supposed 4...

Pay no mind to me.

Oh, and that Ghost track posted earlier sounded okay, but nothin' mind-blowing like a lot of his earlier stuff. Still, I'm looking forward to hearing this.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

Stand up straight, Ghost! Let real (anal about spelling) headz know the deal.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    who can't see the "H"? That shit is right there
    on his jacket

No...it looks like there are 4 letters on the left--presumably F-I-S--then on the right S-C-A-L-E. Hence FISSCALE.

amazing!

the real question is how do i get one in my size???????