Good places to eat in San Francisco?

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    If you like Korean food, definitely czeck this place out:

Zazang Korean Noodle
    2340 Geary Blvd
    San Francisco, CA 94115

Delicious black bean noodles and seafood kim chee noodle soup 4 dayz

I frequent this place at least once a week.

SG

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    If you like Korean food, definitely czeck this place out:

Zazang Korean Noodle
    2340 Geary Blvd
    San Francisco, CA 94115

Delicious black bean noodles and seafood kim chee noodle soup 4 dayz

I frequent this place at least once a week.

SG

Good lookin' out! LOVE Korean food. I'll add this to the list!

• Chan, I know you're loaded down by this point and it's a quick trip, but if you're in the Mission head a little further down Mission St........

Indian - Zante's at Mission/Cortland. you've prbly heard about this place bc of the pizza, but the tikka masala is nuts. also a few blocks down......

Thai - Dusit Thai at Valencia/Mission.....Thep Phenom can have the hour wait, man...I used to live right around the corner from this place and never let me down.

+ at that point you're next door to Taqueria Cancun for burritos, or across the street from Mi Lindo Peru....

• My favorite French restaurant that won't break your wallet is Absinthe in Hayes Valley.

man, tout est relatif. that may not break your bank, monsieur baller, but when I lived on that block I couldn't even afford the water.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    C) Burger Joint is ok but frankly, for what they charge for a basic burger and fries, it should be a lot better. Not recommended.

this from the guy that thinks the best pastrami in LA is at the fucken Hat.

dude, seriously, where's the best burger? the chinese food/donuts/burger joint across from the balboa park bart station?

dont listen to the dub, chan. burger joint. first of all, they use niman ranch beef. second the burger automatically comes with fries, so $7 for a burger and fries and a free range chuck is not a bad deal. in fact, its "da bomb"

Yeah, I'm feelin' that. It may seem a little pricey, but it's a pretty dope burger (also, Niman Ranch = THAT REAL SCHITT!). I'm also a fan of Metro cheesesteaks on Fillmo', though that place it definitely overpriced.

Is it not cool to big-up Cha Cha Cha's anymore? What about Little Baobob?

• What about Little Baobob?

Can't fuck with Baobab for the atmosphere.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    this thraed is making me hungry!!!... damn, I can't really think of anyhting to add...

has Kate's Kitchen[/b] already been mentioned as a brunch place?... not that it's really one of my top picks, but it's close to some... uh... record shops, or something?

[polloption=Add this thread to my favorites. ]

• I heart Soulstrut Restaurant Threads especially when they're about the 'Sco.

• wussup edub! i updated my food b**g.

ok, first off, though ive eaten at zazang, i dont think its a fair example of korean food. i mean, i do kinda dig the noodle house vibe. the menu is like one of them denny's plastic triangles that sits on the table and has pictures of the food and shit. sabadabamean? ok, well anyways, they dont do the bbq. just the zazang, hot spicy soup, and fried dumplings. it aint bad, but its your wifes bday or something, right? i mean, that's good lunchbreak grub.

anyways, one last place i was thinking about was san miguel on i think 22nd st and mission. its guatemalan food. delicious. ha! remember that? ok well, anyways, time to clock out.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    also, I'm sure none of these recommendations will top Ron Siegel busting real world moves at the Ritz Carlton. Dude is iron chef woah.....

I'm a nerd, but prease let me know how the meal went.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    also, I'm sure none of these recommendations will top Ron Siegel busting real world moves at the Ritz Carlton. Dude is iron chef woah.....

I'm a nerd, but prease let me know how the meal went.

Ron Siegel is that dude! The salt & pepper tasting menu looks

They have a champagne cart that they wheel around the dining room!

I will give you a full report Aser. Check out the menu here........

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/hotels/san_francisco/dining/venues/dining_room/menu.html

• i'll add a few...but these are late night spots

grub stake (pine & polk) - bomb-ass burgers & portuguese food

OSHA (geary & leavenworth) - thai food...the perfect after-clubbin spot

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Burger Joint overcharges. That's all I'm saying. If they dropped everything by $2, that'd feel about right. And I co-sign with Hogg: Burger Tuesdays at Rosamonde are hot but I didn't think Chan was coming mid-week so I didn't bother to mention it.

Burger-wise, the one in my neighborhod, Darla's makes a very tasty burger except 1) it's too $ for the size and 2) they use french bread. Fuck that. Gimme buns. No ayo. I also think Joe's in the Mission is crazy expensive for the size. I don't have a problem paying $10 for a burger so long as I'm getting at least a half pounder...but don't charge me that shit for somnething about the size of a hamburger at McDonalds.

So far, I have yet to find a burger in SF that can out-do the Corner Bistro burger. Real NYC headz know what I'm talking about. Plus fries fried with bacon grease? Game over.

And Shig: The Hat is one of the few places I liked eating at as a teenager when I was growingup there where I STILL enjoy. I don't think it's a great pastrami sandwich in the classical deli tradition. But dude, a pastrami dip, with an Orange Whip on the side? Unfuckwittable. If you got something better in the greasy spoon variety, holler at your yeller boy. I'll try it once I get down there (but only after I hit up some of them ramen spots on Sawtelle. Kills me that SF doesn't have any good ramen. WTF?!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    im not even going to mention any spots because there have already been so many suggestions.

i will say that beeps (near city college) is cool but not great. i grew up on that so i know. it was better when the blacks were doing em and not the chinese. its also too bright now.

the $2 burger on san bruno and paul is cool. not sure if the old lady is dead yet but that spot was cool.

also down on paul at 3rd st on the corner is that burger joint with no name... next to the ghetto car wash... FUCKING HITTIN! those black people got good hamburgers...

darlas is cool but only when they make those bomb ass brownies on tuesdays and saturdays (i think those days)

i do like bills out here in the richmond on clement and 25th. weak bread though and a little too sloppy at times.

one of my all time faves is on 16th st and folsom ( i think... right next door to the retard center who do all those paintings and pictures... across from the bread store). chinese food, burgers, and donuts! word... dont be scared they make a mean burger in there.

i like the burger joint mostly because that black girl is hella cool. shes nice.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

i like the burger joint mostly because that black girl is hella cool. shes nice.

The one on Haight? Yeah, she's awesome. When I was looking for a place in SF I ate there all the time. Only place that would take my American Express card.

• what's the jump these days?

also, if i may be so bold as to ask..... good centrally located hotels and other vacation amenities.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    what's the jump these days?

also, if i may be so bold as to ask..... good centrally located hotels and other vacation amenities.

Word. Ima be there in May. Need to know the spots to eat.

I'll be hanging with some friends that aren't s like me, so $$ and below would be niiiiiiice.

Thanks!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

when you coming out here?

i like
    foreign cinema
    townhall
    absinthe
    limon
    range
    chez spencer
    fish and farm (most delicious burger i have ever tasted)

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    edith head said:
    vintageinfants said:

i like
    foreign cinema yes but pricey
    townhall yes but pricey
    absinthe great late night burger; skip the rest
    limon overrated chicken
    range yes but pricey
    chez spencer I hear this spot is good
    fish and farm (most delicious burger i have ever tasted) I hear this spot is good

now if we're talking burgers:

- the best burger in SF remains Rosamunde on Haight, Tues at lunch (the only time they do burgers).
    - had the hotdog-shaped cheeseburger at Trick Dog this weekend. it was great.
    - whiz
    - Wise Sons does a burger where they mix chopped pastrami into the ground beef.
    - fuck any spot that does burgers on brioche. It's just plain wrong, not to mention suuuuuper played out.

stutteurs: holler when in town.

• edith head said:
    vintageinfants said:

i like
    foreign cinema
    townhall
    absinthe
    limon
    range
    chez spencer
    fish and farm (most delicious burger i have ever tasted)

june 2-7th.

rootless and i have been back and forth in PMs about the giants/jays game on the 5th. love to make it a full crew.

i might be down for the game, but i need to figure out if i'm going to be around that week

pretty awesome that you're going to see your team play at at&t park. did you plan that? i'm going to see my team play the rockies in colorado next month.

rootlesscosmo said:

limon overrated chicken

i think their chicken is good, but i love their ceviches and the prices are reasonable.

what's the deal with wise sons? i live down the street and there is always a line around the block. i got in there once (on a sick day) when it opened and opted for the matzoh ball soup which was horrible.

edith head said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

limon overrated chicken

i think their chicken is good, but i love their ceviches and the prices are reasonable.

what's the deal with wise sons? i live down the street and there is always a line around the block. i got in there once (on a sick day) when it opened and opted for the matzoh ball soup which was horrible.

matzoh ball soup is never that great IMO.

it's my homie's place.

they do a good burger and trout lox.

not sure why there's always such a crazy line; place is small I guess.

as a rule I don't wait in line for food. this is America.

rootlesscosmo said:
    edith head said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

limon overrated chicken

matzoh ball soup is never that great IMO.

it's my homie's place.

they do a good burger and trout lox.

not sure why there's always such a crazy line; place is small I guess.

as a rule I don't wait in line for food. this is America.

yeah i know i fucked up picking soup but i was sick and that was all i could manage. i never wait in line either, which is why i'm skeptical i will have another go at wise sons and order the right thing. i will if i'm home sick again. that place closes at 3pm and is open only 5 days a week.

vintagelandau, i don't know where you're planning to sit but stubhub has a lot of tickets for that game at reasonable prices
    http://www.stubhub.com/san-francisco-giants-tickets/giants-vs-blue-jays-6-5-2013-4169512/

i suggest buying here than through the pricey giants site because this is where season ticket holders dump their unused games.

Edith, me and vintage have been back-and-forth on the stubhub options. There's some good seats for sure, but we need a head count. You down? Should I holler at anyone else?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    on the expensive side, i loooved aziza when in was in town. michelin starred moroccan fusion cuisine.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I'm coming down there next week. This poast is HOTT!

• dukeofdelridge said:
    I'm coming down there next week. !

RIP san francisco