I WANT TO LEARN ABOUT SIPPING SIZZURP

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Hi. I would like to learn as much as possible about this "sipping sizzurp" thing that seems to be quite popular with some of my peeps down south. If any of you engage in this activity or know people who do, I want to know everything you know about it- slang associated with it, ways of doing it, the history of it, the effects that it has on people physically, mentally and socially, music associated with it, everything and anything else related to it. Although I am indeed a very happily bitter and irrelevant fellow, you can't say that I don't at least try to understand what's good with the younger generation (although I still say that we rap more mellow, that is not the issue today). Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• post of the day

Please to explain here to.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Crush codeine into your alcoholic drink of choice, drink, get super relaxed, repeat. Not sure who invented it. Kinda dangerous if you ask me.

Not as dangerous as "fry" or "dip" though. Which is weed dipped in formaldehyde. This is truly an adventure in smoking that can make you "retarded," making some people's IQ test scores drop by 30-40 pts after a bad dip trip.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Not as dangerous as "fry" or "dip" though. Which is weed dipped in formaldehyde. This is truly an adventure in smoking that can make you "retarded," making some people's IQ test scores drop by 30-40 pts after a bad dip trip.

I'd like to see the write up of the controlled experiment that came up with this figure!

And I thought sizzurp was specifically a concoction of liquor mixed with special type of cough syrup that combined DXM and codeine. I'm a yank though, so what do I know?

You're right Breakshelf. The way I said would work, but be "chalky."

It wasn't an experiment. It was the results of the tested "victims" after smoking fry. An assumed normal IQ is 90-110, so they dipped well below this. Obviously, assuming a person is within "normal" range before smoking fry is not the best methodology.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I'd like to see the write up of the controlled experiment that came up with this figure!

it's true dude. I used to be a super-genius & now I'm merely average.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

And I thought sizzurp was specifically a concoction of liquor mixed with special type of cough syrup that combined DXM and codeine. I'm a yank though, so what do I know?

it's not about the liquor. it's about cough syrup w/ promenthazine and codeine mixed with (usually) sprite. but yeah, you're usually drinking booze at the same time.

• Sizzurp is made with promethazine, which is basically liquid codeine. Tell your doctor you have really bad sinus pain, that it feels like your sinuses are going to explode, and that you throat hurts like it was being scratched by razorblades. If he's a nerd doctor ask him about promethazine, that one of your mother in law's doctor perscribed it for her and that it has worked well, if the doctor knows whats up, look for another doctor. I get nice drinking one shot, opther people indulge in more. In the south they mix it with flavored drinks, I don't really know about that. Basic info from squares:

Promethazine

(proe METH a zeen)

Phenergan, Promethegan

What is the most important information I should know about promethazine?

??? Call your doctor immediately if you experience uncontrollable movements of your eyes, lips, tongue, face, arms, or legs. These could be early signs of dangerous side effects.

??? Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Promethazine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities.

??? Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking promethazine.

What is promethazine?

??? Promethazine is an antihistamine. It blocks the effects of the naturally occurring chemical histamine in your body.

??? Promethazine is used to treat allergic symptoms and reactions such as itching, runny nose; sneezing; itchy, watery eyes; hives; and itchy skin rashes.

??? Promethazine is also used to cause sedation (sleep), to assist in controlling postoperative pain, to control nausea and vomiting (especially after surgery), and to prevent motion sickness.

??? Promethazine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

Who should not take promethazine?

??? Before taking promethazine, tell your doctor if you have

?? epilepsy or another seizure disorder;

?? been diagnosed with sleep apnea (periods of not breathing during sleep);

?? glaucoma;

?? an ulcer or an obstruction in your stomach;

?? bladder problems or difficulty urinating;

?? high blood pressure or any type of heart disease; or

?? liver problems.

??? You may not be able to take promethazine, or you may require a lower dose or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.

??? Promethazine is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether promethazine will harm an unborn baby. Do not take promethazine without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or if you are planning a pregnancy.

??? It is not known whether promethazine passes into breast milk. Do not take promethazine without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.

??? If you are over 60 years of age, you may be more likely to experience side effects from promethazine. You may require a lower dose of this medication.

??? The safety of promethazine has not been established for children younger than 2 years of age.

How should I take promethazine?

??? Take promethazine exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand the directions on your prescription bottle, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain the instructions to you.

??? Take each oral dose with a full glass of water.

??? You can take promethazine with or without food.

??? To ensure that you get a correct dose, measure the syrup form of promethazine with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not with a regular tablespoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist where you can get one.

??? The suppositories are for rectal use only. Ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist to explain how to use a suppository if you do not know how.

??? Store promethazine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.

??? Store the suppositories in the refrigerator.

What happens if I miss a dose?

??? Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take only your next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication unless otherwise directed by your doctor.

What happens if I overdose?

??? Seek emergency medical attention.

??? Symptoms of a promethazine overdose include severe drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, large pupils, flushing, nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, and unconsciousness.

What should I avoid while taking promethazine?

??? Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Promethazine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities.

??? Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking promethazine.

??? Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight. Promethazine may increase the sensitivity of your skin to sunlight. Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing when exposure to the sun is unavoidable.

What are the possible side effects of promethazine?

??? If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking promethazine and seek emergency medical attention:

?? an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives);

?? uncontrollable movements of your eyes, lips, tongue, face, arms, or legs; or

?? yellowing of your skin or eyes, abdominal pain.

??? Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take promethazine and talk to your doctor if you experience

?? dizziness, drowsiness, sleepiness, or confusion;

?? blurred vision or a dry mouth;

?? nausea or vomiting; or

?? increased sensitivity to sunlight.

??? Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.

What other drugs will affect promethazine?

??? Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:

?? anxiety or sleep medicines such as alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), temazepam (Restoril), or triazolam (Halcion);

?? medications for depression such as amitriptyline (Elavil), doxepin (Sinequan), nortriptyline (Pamelor), fluoxetine (Prozac), sertraline (Zoloft), or paroxetine (Paxil);

?? narcotics (pain killers) such as: meperidine (Demerol), morphine (MS Contin, MSIR, others), propoxyphene (Darvon, Darvocet), hydrocodone (Lorcet, Vicodin), oxycodone (Percocet, Percodan), fentanyl (Duragesic), and codeine (Fiorinal, Fioricet, Tylenol #3, others);

?? other sedatives such as phenobarbital (Solfoton, Luminal), amobarbital (Amytal) and secobarbital (Seconal); or

?? any othe r medications that make you feel drowsy, sleepy, or relaxed.

??? Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with promethazine. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines.

• I don think it necessarily needs to be promethazine...liquid hydrocodone(lortab) is basically the same shit and works fine. And as far as crushing up actual tablets and putting in a drink?

just swallow those bitches

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts

You're both right. There's no rule book to deading your psychomotor functions. Also, they sell a bottle of liquor now in the stores called Sizzurp to capitalize on the trend. No codeine in it though, and I haven't tried it. I also haven't participated in this activity in probably 10 years. I'd say most teenagers even realize this isn't a good idea after one or two times.

It's like being really drunk and stoned at the same time but aware of it. It doesn't feel good; most people throw up.

• also, first people I was around "sippin' drank" with 10 years ago or so had no clue who Screw or any of this shit was. We was just dudes trying to get fucked up like everybody else.

also, first people I was around "sippin' drank" with 10 years ago or so had no clue who Screw or any of this shit was. We was just dudes trying to get fucked up like everybody else.

Yes. Most country boys called it Robotrippin.

• I don think it necessarily needs to be promethazine...liquid hydrocodone(lortab) is basically the same shit and works fine.

True, but hydrocodone is stronger than promethazine, wouldn't recommend it for the first time. Also you'll have a harder time getting lortab prescribed.

• also, first people I was around "sippin' drank" with 10 years ago or so had no clue who Screw or any of this shit was. We was just dudes trying to get fucked up like everybody else.

well, I wouldnt say Robotrippin and codeine/hydrocodone are the same thing. Robotrippin was just bugging out on some while drinking a shitload of regular old Robotussin

• True, but hydrocodone is stronger than promethazine, wouldn't recommend it for the first time. Also you'll have a harder time getting lortab prescribed.
    I've never had a problem getting scripts for it, but I think i've just been hooked up from my doc for plenty of years now.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It doesn't feel good

yup. it's not meant for weak stomachs - opiates, booze, sugar, various chemicals.

it's like being uncomfortably numb.

Isn't this gonna be affected by the new rules of signing out cold medicines at pharmacies due to crystal meth worries?

also, first people I was around "sippin' drank" with 10 years ago or so had no clue who Screw or any of this shit was. We was just dudes trying to get fucked up like everybody else.

well, I wouldnt say Robotrippin and codeine/hydrocodone are the same thing. Robotrippin was just bugging out on some while drinking a shitload of regular old Robotussin

It's a similar effect with OTC drugs, though. That term was just referred to the whole...I hesitate to use this word, scene.

• "cause a junkie is a junkie three-sixty-five"

• True, but hydrocodone is stronger than promethazine, wouldn't recommend it for the first time. Also you'll have a harder time getting lortab prescribed.
    I've never had a problem getting scripts for it, but I think i've just been hooked up from my doc for plenty of years now.

Word, a good doctor is hard to find!

Coming up next: How to Forge a Script! Simple tips from handwriting to advanced abbreviations.

Word, a good doctor is hard to find!

Coming up next: How to Forge a Script! Simple tips from handwriting to advanced abbreviations.

ha, i'll admit to having to straight up running full speed out of a pharmacy when "that call" was made.

• Not as dangerous as "fry" or "dip" though. Which is weed dipped in formaldehyde. This is truly an adventure in smoking that can make you "retarded," making some people's IQ test scores drop by 30-40 pts after a bad dip trip.

This was called wet or sherm back in my highschool days, and it was more than just formaldehyde. That shit is beyond nasty. In fact most of the time people would either dip a ciggeret in it or buy dryed parsley soaked in the stuff and roll blunts with it. It would get you fucked in a nasty way. I am sure that that shit did some real harm to my brain that will never go away. I have done a lot of dumb shit but smoking that stuff was by far the dumbest.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

YES. THIS IS THE KIND OF SCHITT I WANT TO KNOW. THE SLANG. "ROBOTRIPPIN'"... THAT IS THE DOPEST SCHITT I EVER HEARD (excuse the slang, I am not being sarcastic, just emphatic). Sippin', Robotrippin'... they go together in rhyme form so naturally. I have to do a google lyric search to see how this has been used previously.

• Not as dangerous as "fry" or "dip" though. Which is weed dipped in formaldehyde. This is truly an adventure in smoking that can make you "retarded," making some people's IQ test scores drop by 30-40 pts after a bad dip trip.

This was called wet or sherm back in my highschool days, and it was more than just formaldehyde. That shit is beyond nasty. In fact most of the time people would either dip a ciggeret in it or buy dryed parsley soaked in the stuff and roll blunts with it. It would get you fucked in a nasty way. I am sure that that shit did some real harm to my brain that will never go away. I have done a lot of dumb shit but smoking that stuff was by far the dumbest.

yeah, fuck that stuff

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Obviously, assuming a person is within "normal" range before smoking fry is not the best methodology.

Something tells me the sample set was skewed towards the low end of the IQ range...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

PHILLLL! ARe you making these things yourself? All your new little gremlins are cracking me up.

fuck world of beats dude. you need to get into comedy. you make me cry sometimes.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• PHILLLL! ARe you making these things yourself? All your new little gremlins are cracking me up.

fuck world of beats dude. you need to get into comedy. you make me cry sometimes.

haha..i'll take credit for that one and the Jay Z w/ sandals "not a good look" one, thank you.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    call me dorky, but i love the whole idea of music, being effected at the stylistic level, by drugs. something about war time america, and political unrest, makes for great drug influenced music.

canadians,

you can buy that shit without a prescription. same with mexico. there are dozens of places online, where you can order that shit cheap.

-t

• Just to be clear, robotrippin and sippin sizzurp are two completely different things. Robotrippin is overdosing on DXM, which used to be found on OTC cough medicine. Shit makes you hallucinate in a not fun way, imagine chugging a bottle of Robutussin, you puke and hallucinate. I've seen people freak out on this worse than naything else, but then again I know no meth heads.