Keepin' the musoic snob mentality

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Yawl folls scare me up in that thread (faux, how is my urban vernacular lookin'?)Anyhow, I'm happy being a music snob. Last thing I want is to have something in common with people who chain smoke, subscribe to TV guide, and eats frozen pot-pies for dinner.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yawl folls scare me up in that thread (faux, how is my urban vernacular lookin'?)

Anyhow, I'm happy being a music snob. Last thing I want is to have something in common with people who chain smoke, subscribe to TV guide, and eats frozen pot-pies for dinner the people upstairs.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yawl folls scare me up in that thread (faux, how is my urban vernacular lookin'?)

Anyhow, I'm happy being a music snob. Last thing I want is to have something in common with people who chain smoke, subscribe to TV guide, and eats frozen pot-pies for dinner the people upstairs.

I'm not following...

I'm not following...

The people living on the floors above the basement....

I'm not following...

ahhh...

the truth is so much worse though.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    the BAD RONALD of the internet record game

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    i don't get it. music snobs have always dug abandoned luncheonette. don't you read Mojo?

what's worse when they (snobs) pat themselves on back for coming down to learn to like commoner musoic.

I'm not following...

ahhh...

I'm with you, though: dudes should loosen up sufficiently to appreciate an EWF or Smokey Robinson album, but never get so loose that they find themselves playing Hall & Oates or some similar moustache music.

I'm not following...

ahhh...

I'm with you, though: dudes should loosen up sufficiently to appreciate an EWF or Smokey Robinson album, but never get so loose that they find themselves playing Hall & Oates or some similar moustache music.

EXACTLY!!!

and Shig, this is my fav location ever!!!

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    moustache music.

missed that memo. elaborate.

what's worse when they (snobs) pat themselves on back for coming down to learn to like commoner musoic.

haha!

• My interest in Hall and Oates begins and ends with "I can't go for that".
    Same with Boz Scaggs and Lowdown. And neither of those are even things I need to hear again before I die. I mean, I'm all for appreciating simple pleasures and stuff, but I'd get to a lot of other records many times over before I picked these up. Whatever, music is extraordinarily subjective, and if Hall and Oates make Guzzo happy, that's cool. I realize it's good for what it is, but I'd rather listen to something else.

if Hall and Oates make Guzzo happy, that's cool.

Oh, no doubt. I'm just ribbing on Adam. It's fun! (AYO!)

and seriously, I get a feeling of pride knowing that I like music unknown to 80% of people. Being a snob is pretty great!

• I feel you, but its all part of the same thing. Whats more obscure, something highly regarded by those in the know and ignored by average folks, or something like a Hall and Oates record from 1973 that no one really listens to? I'd bet more people here have some form of Salt "Hung Up" on a comp than that H&O record.
    So in essence what he's done is reversed your attitude because he's dealing with the opposite mentality, i.e. that of the music snob.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    um. my mind is getting blown. whatever happened to the days when you guys would post pics of monkeys riding dogs or some other type of shit i can get my mind around.

• I don't know, why, but it never ceases to amuse me...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    um. my mind is getting blown. whatever happened to the days when you guys would post pics of monkeys riding dogs or some other type of shit i can get my mind around.

totally unrelated, but here in west covina theres a house thats been draped in all types of signs saying "Free Moe". A Friend and I wondered who this "Moe" was for a long ass time and finally got into checking it out. Turns out Moe is a monkey that former Nascar dude St. James Davis & his wife used to keep. The Monkey was taken away about a year and half ago and put in a wildlife refuge after a couple of reports of it biting people.

Fast forward to 2 months ago when the couple that owned the home decided to pay Moe a visit for his birthday. They brought him a cake and everything. Well it seems like moe wasn't to pleased to see his family

http://www.racingwest.com/news/story.php3/10476?printp=1

my favorite part of the article

"Davis sustained severe facial injuries from the attack and will need extensive surgery to reattach his nose. It was also reported that his testicles and a foot were also severed."

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    oh and if y'all are ignoring Hall & Oates just because they are common then y'all need to widen that aural tunnel vision that your hearing your Camille Yarbrough through.

Crinky[/b] I will buy you a copy of Abandoned Luncheonette just so I can have the pleasure of seeing your face melt.

• Thank you This phrase is so beautifully absurd.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

But Loggins & Messina are reuniting, and will be at the Gorge in June.

YEAH!!!

C'mon, Mr. Haole, you t'ink I'm pushing your leg?

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

totally unrelated, but here in west covina theres a house thats been draped in all types of signs saying "Free Moe". A Friend and I wondered who this "Moe" was for a long ass time and finally got into checking it out. Turns out Moe is a monkey that former Nascar dude St. James Davis & his wife used to keep. The Monkey was taken away about a year and half ago and put in a wildlife refuge after a couple of reports of it biting people.
    Fast forward to 2 months ago when the couple that owned the home decided to pay Moe a visit for his birthday. They brought him a cake and everything. Well it seems like moe wasn't to pleased to see his family

http://www.racingwest.com/news/story.php3/10476?printp=1

my favorite part of the article

"Davis sustained severe facial injuries from the attack and will need extensive surgery to reattach his nose. It was also reported that his testicles and a foot were also severed."

I've been reading up on that story. Moe was housed at this refuge for Chimps who were in show business or circuses. Moe was raised like a kid by that couple because they couldnt conceive. then due to city ordinances, and the fact that Moe excaped, he had to go that refuge. When the couple came and visited him for his birthday, a couple of the other chimps had escaped and attacked the man, almost killing him I think.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I've been reading up on that story. Moe was housed at this refuge for Chimps who were in show business or circuses. Moe was raised like a kid by that couple because they couldnt conceive. then due to city ordinances, and the fact that Moe excaped, he had to go that refuge. When the couple came and visited him for his birthday, a couple of the other chimps had escaped and attacked the man, almost killing him I think.

yeah the man is in a medically induced coma. He has had multiple surgeries to replace/ repair his nose. I am not sure what became of his testicles or toes though.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I am not sure what became of his testicles or toes though.

In fights for dominance, chimps will rip 'them' off. In some cases, they eat their kills. Very sad.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    moustache music can suck my severed foreskin.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Oates is now rocking the naked upper lip.

now go listen to thier first 3 albums and join the commonside

• oh and if y'all are ignoring Hall & Oates just because they are common then y'all need to widen that aural tunnel vision that your hearing your Camille Yarbrough through.

bizzarrostrut in effect! this from the guy thats got more amon duul II records than rick james, dazz band and brass construction put together yet wants to define modern soul for the soulstrut massive. dood!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

bizzarrostrut in effect! this from the guy thats got more amon duul II records than rick james, dazz band and brass construction put together yet wants to define modern soul for the soulstrut massive. dood!

Perhaps you didn't see my post about "Dropping the music snob mentality". We're all missing things that it seems we should have in our collections. I'll be the first to admit that I am an Adam-Come-Lately on the Hall & Oates. Eventually I'll buy some Rick James & Dazz band but I don't wanna just buy them to have and store away in the expedit...I'ma sit back enjoy the fuck outta these H&O albums and then when I'm ready to enjoy some more "common" music I'll go out, get those and savor them too.

and don't knock Amon Duul II. Them dudes were hardcroe!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Them dudes were hardcroe!

From now on, all music I create will be known as "Hardcroe Musoic."

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Them dudes were hardcroe!

From now on, all music I create will be known as "Hardcroe Musoic."

it should of been that from the start

• I don't know, why, but it never ceases to amuse me...

Monkey Snob?