Lets have a Laffy Taffy Remix Conte--- Showcase!

Comments

• Sorry to interupt.

I may just be sleep deprived but, where does having fun by clowning a really silly record, morph into so sort of pseudo racist gesture??

Please explain.

• Sorry to interupt.

I may just be sleep deprived but, where does having fun by clowning a really silly record, morph into so sort of pseudo racist gesture??

Please explain.

"Marco's already working on a special remix called "Falafel Taffel." Should be ethnicky!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Well the thing with milkshake is that I couldn't get it out of my head. I hated the song, but found myself singing it all the time, hence the remix. And got some teeth was a song that everybody hated except me. I actually really liked it, but it seemed like I was the only one.

If I've seemed a little mean spirited lately its because people seem to cheerlead whatever is "hot" at the moment rather than seperating the wheat from the chaff. Like when the people who invented snap music were on TV, talking about how all it was was them putting snap sounds in it, well... on one hand it seemed kind of ridiculous, but at the same time, it was just some dudes standing outside of a club laughing and joking and talking about putting snaps in a song. Like it was obvious that the very people who made it didn't think it was some sort or serious musical breakthrough, they're just putting snaps in a song. They had the attitude like "yeah, that's what we're doing... fuck it!" That's cool enough to me. It's the internet cheerleaders who are like "OH MY GOD ITS SOOOO GENIUS!" that I find annoying. The people that made it are about partying and making party music... and thats it. I can support that. Even if I don't particularly care for the style of music, I recognize that they aren't making it for me to enjoy, they are making it for themselves to enjoy in their club.

So yeah, I'll clown it because the snap note is just a D sharp, but when I make fun of it, I'm not making fun of them. They know its just a fucking D sharp. Its the so called "experts" preaching from the cyber-pulpit about how genius it is and trying so hard to prove how in touch with the streets they are by celebrating everything that comes along... Stop pandering to whoever will listen. If you like the music then good. I like booty music, but my dear wife hates it, and honestly, I don't blame her. My parents don't like rap, and I don't blame them. i don't really like Banda music, but who gives a shit?

But if people seriously think its minstrelly then fuckit, lets drop it. I'm gonna go ahead and remix it on my own, because I want to, but I'll spare you the results.

Just please don't think I am hating just to hate. There is plenty of current rap music that I love, for no reason other than that I get something enjoyable out of it. Geto Boys. Mac Dre. Five Deez. Devin The Dude. Sly Boogy. Just to name some random people off the top of my head. I think these folks are talented and make creative music, which is something I appreciate and enjoy. The last thing I'm gonna do is pretend like I like something that I don't just so I don't appear racist or minstrely. Thats the very definition of a fucking pandering ass spineless sell out bitch.

Really though. I'm not mad at any of you, because I've obviously put myself out in such a way that I've given off a certain impression of myself.

And I like Korean opera, but i've never heard Japanese opera.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Well the thing with milkshake is that I couldn't get it out of my head. I hated the song, but found myself singing it all the time, hence the remix. And got some teeth was a song that everybody hated except me. I actually really liked it, but it seemed like I was the only one.

If I've seemed a little mean spirited lately its because people seem to cheerlead whatever is "hot" at the moment rather than seperating the wheat from the chaff. Like when the people who invented snap music were on TV, talking about how all it was was them putting snap sounds in it, well... on one hand it seemed kind of ridiculous, but at the same time, it was just some dudes standing outside of a club laughing and joking and talking about putting snaps in a song. Like it was obvious that the very people who made it didn't think it was some sort or serious musical breakthrough, they're just putting snaps in a song. They had the attitude like "yeah, that's what we're doing... fuck it!" That's cool enough to me. It's the internet cheerleaders who are like "OH MY GOD ITS SOOOO GENIUS!" that I find annoying. The people that made it are about partying and making party music... and thats it. I can support that. Even if I don't particularly care for the style of music, I recognize that they aren't making it for me to enjoy, they are making it for themselves to enjoy in their club.

So yeah, I'll clown it because the snap note is just a D sharp, but when I make fun of it, I'm not making fun of them. They know its just a fucking D sharp. Its the so called "experts" preaching from the cyber-pulpit about how genius it is and trying so hard to prove how in touch with the streets they are by celebrating everything that comes along... Stop pandering to whoever will listen. If you like the music then good. I like booty music, but my dear wife hates it, and honestly, I don't blame her. My parents don't like rap, and I don't blame them. i don't really like Banda music, but who gives a shit?

But if people seriously think its minstrelly then fuckit, lets drop it. I'm gonna go ahead and remix it on my own, because I want to, but I'll spare you the results.

Just please don't think I am hating just to hate. There is plenty of current rap music that I love, for no reason other than that I get something enjoyable out of it. Geto Boys. Mac Dre. Five Deez. Devin The Dude. Sly Boogy. Just to name some random people off the top of my head. I think these folks are talented and make creative music, which is something I appreciate and enjoy. The last thing I'm gonna do is pretend like I like something that I don't just so I don't appear racist or minstrely. Thats the very definition of a fucking pandering ass spineless sell out bitch.

Really though. I'm not mad at any of you, because I've obviously put myself out in such a way that I've given off a certain impression of myself.

And I like Korean opera, but i've never heard Japanese opera.

I don't know your steez here normally. I just could see how Terry_Clubbup could catch the feelings he did. I believe you were never looking at it that deeply. Ay, some folks can't help it. I go there quite often myself.

At the same time, I'm wondering are you planning to remix it to make it better or just continue the lampooning? I think that's where the question lies for me. I always think cats want to either a) make the song better or b) provide a different perspective on the song. If you don't like it, I couldn't imagine you providing a different perspective. Then again, I don't produce, so there probably will be a few other reasons to remix that has nothing to do with anything stated here.

I'm glad this hasn't blown up and gotten ugly.

• Well the thing with milkshake is that I couldn't get it out of my head. I hated the song, but found myself singing it all the time, hence the remix. And got some teeth was a song that everybody hated except me. I actually really liked it, but it seemed like I was the only one.

Well I think I am understanding a little better.
    I think remixing as a way to deal with having a song stuck in your
    head is an idea with potential.

I do not want to come down on you either for anything, not even
    having heard what you would do with Laffy Taffy.
    But the first line of your first post was "let's take the worst
    song ever and fuck with it".

Perhaps we're in the realm of the Love that Hate Made.
    Or we're reminded that It's A Thin Line Between Love And Hate.

I just think that to a degree people are defined by what they do,
    by how they spend their time.
    Sonic manipulation takes a lot of time and concentration, especially
    to get to the stage of presentable finished product.
    Meaning, you have to hear your raw materials over and over and over
    again during the process.

So I was just thinking that if you choose raw materials that you
    hate or look down upon, then you must have unnecessary malice.

Like if you love to cook at home, why would you bring home
    a kind of meat you don't even want to eat?

Maybe then, if you're going to go through with it, just don't
    let everybody know of any malicious origin.
    Pop song or not, D4L is very Local Black Experience right now,
    and if a clown is getting invited to the party, well that is
    one way where White-into-Black Don't Go. That call can only
    be made one way. Unless you want to get into some 2 Live Jews
    territory.
    Everybody thought you loved Milkshake too.
    You love it.

No hard feelings, just trying to stay provocative here.

I still celebrate Dizzy Bull and Hawn Jew, and their friends,
    and contributions.

Dizzy I been meaning to talk to you about one of the most
    unknown raerest nut-cracking braeks out there, and I think
    you may be the only person on this board who has it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Local Black Experience

A new addition to the lexicon. So necessary.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    this thread is incredible

can we add homosexuals to the mix so I can join in?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

by the way, anyone heard the lady response song to laffy taffy called "chico stick"? i heard the tail end of it on the radio but didn't catch who did it. sounded funny as shit though.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

by the way, anyone heard the lady response song to laffy taffy called "chico stick"? i heard the tail end of it on the radio but didn't catch who did it. sounded funny as shit though.

is it racist?

is it racist?

it might be racist against oompa loompas.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

is it racist?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Local Black Experience

Kinda like WHOOP THERE IT IS.

• by the way, anyone heard the lady response song to laffy taffy called "chico stick"? i heard the tail end of it on the radio but didn't catch who did it. sounded funny as shit though.

is it racist?

Step off whitey...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

I'm just saying, why would you remix a song you don't like?

To clown on it, right?

And if the people you are clowning on are Black, and they
    already act a little clownish, then that is not a good look
    for you because it seems menstrual.

I celebrate Laffy Taffy three part harmonies.

Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about. How does anything seem "menstrual"? Unless menstrual is meant as a positive quality, and I get the sense it's not, then you're using sexim in your condemnation of racism. Needless to say, that's not a good look.

PS You really need to get yourself a keeper.

• I'm just saying, why would you remix a song you don't like?

To clown on it, right?

Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about. How does anything seem "menstrual"? Unless menstrual is meant as a positive quality, and I get the sense it's not, then you're using sexim in your condemnation of racism. Needless to say, that's not a good look.

I think he meant minstrel[/b]....

To clown on it, right?

I think he meant minstrel[/b]....

Although menstrual is funnier... I think we can all calm down now. There is no beef between terry and myself, which I personally am glad about seeing as how he is one of my favorite posters on soulstrut.

I also have no beef with Jonny or RapeDonks, because I beleive that when they say they like something, they really mean it, rather than just cheerleading. RD might be obnoxious as fuck, but he says what he likes and doesn't like, and thats it. Its some of you other fruitcakes that worry me. I would say "you know who you are", but chances are, you don't, which is why you are the way you are.

I'm not mad at cashless either for sticking up for southern music and fending off the HATTERs as much as he can. I would do the same thing for San Diego... if we had something better than rap/rock and Blink 182.

Soulstrut is my internet home. I'm not trying to have beef with anybody except for the fucktards that come here acting truly ridiculous. People felt the need to call me out and they called me out. Thats fine with me. I explained myself and thats enough, I would hope.

To clown on it, right?

Terry_Clubbup knows how to spell "minstrel," you poptarts--this is the man that enriched our world by adding the second T to "hatt" and turned a garden variety expletive into the work of linguistic art that is "schitt".

So has no one else heard the ladies response tune "Chico Stick"? i heard in in NC over the holidays, so i guess it could be a local thing. anybody got any info?

To clown on it, right?

Terry_Clubbup knows how to spell "minstrel," you poptarts--this is the man that enriched our world by adding the second T to "hatt" and turned a garden variety expletive into the work of linguistic art that is "schitt".

I thought that was philllll?

EDIT - Terry... hit me up on the PM about some easy listen breakbeatraer.

EDIT #2 (even though I don't really want to drag this out any further) - I think there was some misunderstanding of my celebration of bad music. I buy easy listening records not because they are incredible good, but because of their inherent cheesiness that I somehow find enjoyable. I have a lounge version of Honkey Tonk Woman that is so bad its actually fascinating. I get off on this stuff. So in referrence to me calling laffy taffy the worst song of the year, I meant it in a "hooray!" way, not in a "boo, you suck" way. if that makes any sense. I'll take purposely goofy songs over fake-ass wanna-be consious music any day, simply because I don't like my intelligence to be insulted. For example, Eminems recent output is so bad its almost starting to piss me off. The video where he is whining about his kid or whatever... its like, dude, shut the fuck up already. So yeah, there you go. Hopefully thats the last I have to say about this.

To clown on it, right?

Phill is responsible for the phrase "That Real Shit," which he later modified to incorporate the Clubbupian spelling.

• I'm just saying, why would you remix a song you don't like?

To clown on it, right?

Phill is responsible for the phrase "That Real Shit," which he later modified to incorporate the Clubbupian spelling.

Soulstrut lexicon in effect...

• Wait a minute, somebody said I need to get a KEEPER?
    I thought a Moderhattoire was a KEEPER, like a Zookeeper you mean?
    We type in frames here, so I am in my cage, surrounded in my
    personal sauna of musky oils and dander.

Maybe you mean Keeper, like a lady, like "oh, she's a keeper!"
    Well I may just have one of those, she is sweet and strong and
    tender and can cook and cajole with the best of them.

How about an unweildy group of menn, holding hands together
    while singing sappy songs, and trying not to drank too much,
    sort of like Soulstrut with no records:

NO HOMO!

Berzerker drinking-bird laptop wilderbeasts of see-saw brain chemistry
    will not be tamed until feathers plucked and shutt down, what up Phil Most.

Until then we shall:[/b]

a.k.a. RUN WILDE ! [/b]

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

To clown on it, right?

I've no wish to steal any of Terry_Clubbup's thunder - "hatt" is the kind of thing I come to SS for and, besides, any man who reps Loggins And Messina's "Pathway To Glory" is OK with me - but I should point out that Charles Mingus used the word "schitt" throughout "Beneath The Underdog". Still, if Jay can quote Biggie...

To clown on it, right?

I've no wish to steal any of Terry_Clubbup's thunder - "hatt" is the kind of thing I come to SS for and, besides, any man who reps Loggins And Messina's "Pathway To Glory" is OK with me - but I should point out that Charles Mingus used the word "schitt" throughout "Beneath The Underdog". Still, if Jay can quote Biggie...

Damn, this is information worth knowing--I am now firmly tied to a tradition of greatness.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    I buy easy listening records not because they are incredible good, but because of their inherent cheesiness that I somehow find enjoyable. I have a lounge version of Honkey Tonk Woman that is so bad its actually fascinating. I get off on this stuff. So in referrence to me calling laffy taffy the worst song of the year, I meant it in a "hooray!" way, not in a "boo, you suck" way. if that makes any sense. I'll take purposely goofy songs over fake-ass wanna-be consious music any day, simply because I don't like my intelligence to be insulted. For example, Eminems recent output is so bad its almost starting to piss me off. The video where he is whining about his kid or whatever... its like, dude, shut the fuck up already. So yeah, there you go. Hopefully thats the last I have to say about this.

have u heard any of these albums...

they're jazzy muzak versions of rap songs. roll out (my business) and lean back are great. u'd prolly enjoy

• Beneath The Underdog:[/b]

Yeah, I read that schitt. Highly recommended if only for a very
    valuable piece of sex-technique for you dudes.
    If you are feeling strong in the tool one night, you can really
    take things to the next level...recommended for all dudes, but
    especially my little dudes, jazz dudes, virgin dudes, and whatnot.

Are y'all down with this:

"Eclipse" is to die for.

Also I think this need be celebrated:

Let My Children Hear Music[/b]

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I'm sorry Fauxy, but I declare ownership of Schitt.
    I been spelling it that way ever since 2002 when I didn't swear on soulstrut. WHAT.

• D Castle, just to clarify here, you are declaring ownership
    over a Mingusism, based on something that happened on the
    internet in 2002.

Is this or is this not what you are declaring.

D Castle, just to clarify here, you are declaring ownership
    over a Mingusism, based on something that happened on the
    internet in 2002.

Is this or is this not what you are declaring.

While I'm at it, I am going to take ownership over the internet INCLUDING your internet message board account.

For the record, since I'm jumping into this thread on some stupid schitt, I would like to say Dizzy and Terry both raise great points, and nobody is wrong. POSITIVITY.