Pretty In Pink or Sixteen Candles (NRR)

d_wordd_word 666 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central

Sixteen Candles

Pretty In Pink

I say Pretty in Pink just cause it's more class conscious.

Comments

• sixteen candles was funny,not better then weird science.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Weird Science is in a class of it's own but Sixteen Candles does feature pubescent performances from Antony Michael Hall and Cusak - a moment to treasure.

• 16 candles

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    no more yankee my wankee.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Pretty in Pink just for the Psychedelic Furs song on that.

• 16 candles!

I hate that Ducky in "pretty in pink" but then again i must say James Spader looks really cool while rolling a joint in that movie with sunglasses indoors

/L

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    no contest...

16 candles = funny
    pretty in pink = not

"donger where is my automobile?"

anthony michael hall vs. duckie. hall teabags duckie

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    pretty in pink - annie potts running a record shop, jon cryer spazzing to otis redding, james spader being mean and lean, the horrible girls in gym class done to a tee, harry dean stanton as the dad in paralyzing pain (he also belongs in the under-rated supporting actors thread) and jon cryer scoring at the end - great!

the movie has two major drawbacks though - annie potts going 'normal' for a man and Ringwald's home-made dress - that has to be the UGLIEST dress in the history of proms.

• Um, NYC Breakers are in 16 Candles. So... that's enough for me.. Ha!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    sixteen candles

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Ringwald's home-made dress - that has to be the UGLIEST dress in the history of proms.

major co-sign there...WTF.

Anyway I vote 16 Candles, although they're both pretty enjoyable.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Pretty in Pink just for the Psychedelic Furs song on that.

Yesss???

"Isn't sheeeeeey???prettaaay in piiiiiink"

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Three words: Long Duck Dong.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i used to boner-out over some kind of wonderful, more than both those other two movies combined.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Four words: "place to put hand"

16 Candles all the way...

• i used to boner-out over some kind of wonderful, more than both those other two movies combined.

freal
    i asked a girl while watching it about choosing between the two guys..."so who would you get with?"
    her instantaneous reply, "HER!!!" duhhhhhhh

16 candles was hilarious.

pretty in pink was more drama but still good...liked the wrong side of the tracks story. and the pop was cool

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    jon cryer scoring at the end - great!

its a good thing he did too. i know its only a movie, but he went to all that trouble to win over fine-ass molly ringwald, only to let her go to the rich boy at the end; it'd be a HUGE letdown if he ended the movie dateless.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Automobeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel?

its a good thing he did too. i know its only a movie, but he went to all that trouble to win over fine-ass molly ringwald, only to let her go to the rich boy at the end; it'd be a HUGE letdown if he ended the movie dateless.

well i think he realized it would not be a balanced relationship.
    what i also liked about it is the message that you can be 'weird' and hot.
    john hughes likes happy endings.

• Sixteen Candles by a mile....

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

And the main point is that he found someone, too [/b], and she was cute, so it was sorta easy to let Ringwald go!

...even though Annie Potts (the record store owner) toned down her weirdness when she found a man?

And the main point is that he found someone, too [/b], and she was cute, so it was sorta easy to let Ringwald go!

...even though Annie Potts (the record store owner) toned down her weirdness when she found a man?
    yea, cause Ducky is young and it's good to tell young folks to be themselves and not feel like they have to conform and they are still important/lovable.

the Potts thing i still think stinks. but the reality is that Hughes' movies were targeting youth as opposed to adult women.

still, the whole Potts thing was not lost on me and my friends when we saw it - how bullshit is that? why couldn't that guy just accept her for her wacky self?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

PRETTY IN PINK...............no contest.

James Spader is the X-factor. 30 year old playing a high-school senior.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Dong! Grandpa is talking to you!