do you get more BO as you get older (RR?)

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Just saying.... things didn't used to be this pungent? Is IT me, or is it ME?

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I dunno, maybe as you get older you just stop giving a care about whether or not you leave the house smelling like cat piss mixed with meat pies. Or you already have a woman so you don't have to care anymore? Or you've decided records are your women & you don't care anymore about smelling good. Whatever way, it is foul.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Asch,

Sorry, but I think it's just you. Like Redd Foxx said...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I think it's just you.

check your diet and booze consumption

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I think it's just you.

I would say the same thing, but Schrock seems to be a culinary master, so I am left baffled.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i have no idea what you guys are talking about but my first name is bo

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    maybe because you're getting more hairy as you age. Hair traps moisture which equates to sweat which equates to odour.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    check your diet and booze consumption and BMs

• I have more Eddie Bo 45s now than when I was in college.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I thought you were asking if you get more BTO (bachman turner overdrive) as you get older. I still don't have any.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I find I'm listening to KRS ONE less frequently as I get older.

BO! BO! BO!

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Yeah, I mean... If I forgot the deo a couple of years ago, I was still allright for the day. Nowadays it's

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    What's the defined age when BO turns into the constant pungent odour that old people give off?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I think it happens when you retire, you don't have to be representable anymore, then it all goes downhill. Next thing you know, SHAZAM! Pungent odeur.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    You don't get more BO as you get older, but olfactory loss is a natural part of aging (I think you lose about 1 percent a year). Since your sense of smell is not as well-honed, you're probably not masking the odors as much as you did when you were younger (ie, soap, cologne, etc).

Unusual or marked changes in BO are usually a sign of disease (eg, a fruity smell can be a sign of diabetes or ammonia can indicate kidney disease) or a metabolic issue.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

Unusual or marked changes in BO are usually a sign of disease (eg, a fruity smell can be a sign of diabetes or ammonia can indicate kidney disease) or a metabolic issue.

I would also suggest avoiding any kind of 'anti-prespirant' in your deodorant as that could lead to clogging of pores and long term complications.

• I think it's just you.

I would say the same thing, but Schrock seems to be a culinary master, so I am left baffled.

HA HA
    yeah we eat all right down here. This semester it's going to be tough to cook it up like I have been tho.

My wife is super sensitive to odor so maybe it's rubbing off on me. She can smell RAW SUGAR if you leave it with the top off in the kitchen!

I've been taking echinacea and astragalus herbals for the immune system. They help a lot, but the echinacea pills smell terrible, like a barn. Maybe that's it?

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    echinacea and astralgus(especially) will make you stink more, for sure.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    astragalus

i made the mistake of buying the powder once. gnarly to the max.

• I would also suggest avoiding any kind of 'anti-prespirant' in your deodorant as that could lead to clogging of pores and long term complications.

(ie; Alzheimer's...)

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    I have more Eddie Bo 45s now than when I was in college.

yeah..me too...

• (ie; Alzheimer's...)

Hasn't this been shown to be a bogus claim? (anti-perspirant causes alzheimer's)

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    hasn't aluminum - found in most anti-perspirents - been linked to illness?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

B.O. Jackson

• (ie; Alzheimer's...)

Hasn't this been shown to be a bogus claim? (anti-perspirant causes alzheimer's)

I don't know, could've been. A friend first hipped me to it a few years back and I did some research at the time that seemed to confirm it. I've heard of other illnesses being related to aluminum so I just decided to stay away from them regardless.

I don't typically make a habit of busting an all-out sweat during the normal work day so I think I can get away with just plain deoderant. And if I do perspire real hevily, I just go roll around in the dirt -- seems to do the trick.