prize czech? Blue note rel

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Don Cherry - Symphony For ImprovisersMicrogrooveLiberty"Van Gelder" stampThanks!

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    $60-75?

• Haven't seen this for quite some time. I think it was in the $25 range when I saw it last.

But I'm in the bay area. I heard things were a bit more pricey in NYC.

• $60-75?

Wow... That's a lot for that record. How much does Where's Brooklyn go for in your area?

• this is mono dude

$60-75?

Wow... That's a lot for that record. How much does Where's Brooklyn go for in your area?

That's how much I've seen it go for on eBay. That one & Complete Communication are the pricier ones of his Blue Note's.

• although the last copy went for $20.

Is there really a difference between mono and stereo in this instance

• Great LP. I'd say probably more like $25-30 but you never know with eBay. $75 seems way too high for this one. But hey, original mono pressing, maybe.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

totally

• although the last copy went for $20.

From what I've seen, cats who are pretty in-depth with collecting jazz, primarily the older guys, they usually will prefer to get the mono copy. And depending on where the record is, mono and stereo copies usually vary in price. At a record shop that has nice jazz titles but doesn't specialize in that, the mono would probably be a bit cheaper where as in a shop that's strong-point is jazz, they would most likely price the mono copy above the stereo.

That's what I've noticed locally anyway.

Perhaps I've become out of touch with "the game".

• $20 is really cheap for this in my world, a good blue note in mint shape is hard to find.

Thanks for the input guys.

• Well, I'm definitely out of touch with the ebay game, but I could see a mono copy of that record going for $65 on there. Ebay is bugged, man.

• I have to say Gato kills Pharoh on this LP.....

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    I have to say Gato kills Pharoh on this LP.....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just a heads-up, the Liberty label is not a first press on this one - it's right on the cusp of the Liberty pressings, but 4253 is the first LP who's OG press is a Liberty label. The OG of Symphony... will have a New York, USA label, although the Liberty label could be a very early pressing. Also, for what it's worth (not much) Record B***n has a mono in the shrink graded at M- for $45 in a set sale.