RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    terd

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    that guys expression is priceless.

• I'm an atheist. So I'm looking for this one...

The ridiculously rare Black Voy Alley LP 1971 Az.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm an atheist. So I'm looking for this one...

That Seastones lp in the background is my shit.

Real deadheads know thee deal

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

is this dude from az? i think he was at a record show in tucson a few months back.

This dude is one of the best dealers and nicest guy you'll ever meet. And he turns some shit....found a Boscoe out in the wild last year. Does alot of shows in Atlanta and Birmingham. I've known D***D 25 years and they don't come any better. If you see him in your town be sure to stop and rap with him.

is this dude from az? i think he was at a record show in tucson a few months back.

Yep....sells records under the name Ben Dover Inc. Good guy who worked for some major labels back in the day....he's out of Phoenix and makes it to every Austin Show which is where these photos were taken.

• this album is the shit. basement freak shit. i wanna hear the shadrack chameleon album real bad.

And in the background in the blue shirt and red cap is legendary Chicago 45 collector Bob Minor

• chrischris 287 Posts
    found a Boscoe out in the wild last year.

...and told me he sold it at the hillside show here for $5.

fuggin' miner with the background props.

That site is great......here was my fave...was listed as "Devil Worshipping Kenny"!!!

• Haha...I know this dude,used to do tons of trades with him in Kansas City.Dante,look who it is! He finally got himself a Stone Harbour...

wait,is that a re-issue?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    found a Boscoe out in the wild last year.

...and told me he sold it at the hillside show here for $5.

fuggin' miner with the background props.

and of course he's kidding because he doesn't sell ANYTHING for less than $20. 'specially if it's funky.

He always has some weird records though...unlike all these so called dealers in the chicago area...

• Haha...I know this dude,used to do tons of trades with him in Kansas City.Dante,look who it is! He finally got himself a Stone Harbour...

OH SHIT. Wes Jackson represent!
    I've never seen Wesley rock some tye-dye.

Co-sign on Dave Foreman being that dude.
    Six months of the year in the car will give your hat extra lift.

And Rich, I would say that Bob Miner is "inimitable" rather than "legendary."

Haha...I know this dude,used to do tons of trades with him in Kansas City.Dante,look who it is! He finally got himself a Stone Harbour...

Dante,
    In Austin he's a legend......and here's why.....2-3 times a day at the Austin Show they make announcements over a loud speaker....usually they are from people looking for a specific record or artist ("Someone is looking for the East Of Underground LP") and sometimes from dealers ("Table 232 is having a 50% off sale") and shit like that......and honestly, while you're digging you're usually pretty oblivious as to what these announcements are sayin.....
    About 5-6 years ago I was looking through some stuff and my ears caught this announcement..."Someone is looking for the 45 "I've Got Bar-B-Q Sauce On My Shirt" by Bob Miner".....I did a double take and looked around to notice a coupla guys laughing their asses off. And apparently Bob was oblivious to it. So now, every show there is some sort of "Bob Miner" announcement which is genius because now I actually listen to the damn things so I don't miss Bob's......."Does anyone have the 45 "I Need Some Deodorant" by Bob Miner on the B.O. label" and shit like that.....to this day I'm not sure if Bob has caught on......hence, his legendary stature.

Rich

Dante,
    In Austin he's a legend......and here's why.....2-3 times a day at the Austin Show they make announcements over a loud speaker....usually they are from people looking for a specific record or artist ("Someone is looking for the East Of Underground LP") and sometimes from dealers ("Table 232 is having a 50% off sale") and shit like that......and honestly, while you're digging you're usually pretty oblivious as to what these announcements are sayin.....
    About 5-6 years ago I was looking through some stuff and my ears caught this announcement..."Someone is looking for the 45 "I've Got Bar-B-Q Sauce On My Shirt" by Bob Miner".....I did a double take and looked around to notice a coupla guys laughing their asses off. And apparently Bob was oblivious to it. So now, every show there is some sort of "Bob Miner" announcement which is genius because now I actually listen to the damn things so I don't miss Bob's......."Does anyone have the 45 "I Need Some Deodorant" by Bob Miner on the B.O. label" and shit like that.....to this day I'm not sure if Bob has caught on......hence, his legendary stature.

Rich

I'm real gald I went looking for this thread! Miner, although an OG, is truely one of the biggest piles of shit in the world. It's hard to not feel sorry for him when he makes the off handed racist comment. Just that he thinks he is better than anyone is pretty hilarious. wouldn't mind peeking at his collection, though I'm not sure I would want to go into his house.

Forman is a real cool dude. He always says 'rarer doesnt mean better'.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts

This dude is one of the best dealers and nicest guy you'll ever meet. And he turns some shit....found a Boscoe out in the wild last year. Does alot of shows in Atlanta and Birmingham. I've known D***D 25 years and they don't come any better. If you see him in your town be sure to stop and rap with him.

Yeah, I haven't seen him in a little while. He usually just does about half of the Atlanta shows each year and I'm always very happy to see him.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

Forman is a real cool dude. He always says 'rarer doesnt mean better'.

Yeah, dude is super top notch. Truely a music lover and a swell dude. always end up sitting around talking about music and what not for hours at the shows or whenever I run into him.

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts

Yep....sells records under the name Ben Dover Inc. Good guy who worked for some major labels back in the day....he's out of Phoenix and makes it to every Austin Show which is where these photos were taken.

Also played drums on that rare AZ soul 45: Stan Devereaux & Trendsetters "Sad Tomorrows / Know That Its Happening" on SuJay, circa late '67. Ask him about it next time you run in to him.