promotion strut!

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
pardon my outburst, as I don't normally start threads, but I felt it necessary to share my excitement with the world. I, a high school dropout with a GED, just landed a promotion at my job that moves me up 3 levels in the game, and gives me a very very healthy salary increase. I beat people with college degrees, i was by far the youngest candidate, and I had the least job experience. just goes to show, skills CAN take you far. big ups to salary increases. and big ups to the live at slugs strata-east joint i copped last night.

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    congrats man,
    I love the feeling that comes with buying a record with newly aquired promotion money.

• pardon my outburst, as I don't normally start threads, but I felt it necessary to share my excitement with the world. I, a high school dropout with a GED, just landed a promotion at my job that moves me up 3 levels in the game, and gives me a very very healthy salary increase. I beat people with college degrees, i was by far the youngest candidate, and I had the least job experience. just goes to show, skills CAN take you far. big ups to salary increases. and big ups to the live at slugs strata-east joint i copped last night.

You're not on the Supreme Court are you????

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    pardon my outburst, as I don't normally start threads, but I felt it necessary to share my excitement with the world. I, a high school dropout with a GED, just landed a promotion at my job that moves me up 3 levels in the game, and gives me a very very healthy salary increase. I beat people with college degrees, i was by far the youngest candidate, and I had the least job experience. just goes to show, skills CAN take you far. big ups to salary increases. and big ups to the live at slugs strata-east joint i copped last night.

Or perhaps you head some sort of federal agency?

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    (of yer job)

• pardon my outburst, as I don't normally start threads, but I felt it necessary to share my excitement with the world. I, a high school dropout with a GED, just landed a promotion at my job that moves me up 3 levels in the game, and gives me a very very healthy salary increase. I beat people with college degrees, i was by far the youngest candidate, and I had the least job experience. just goes to show, skills CAN take you far. big ups to salary increases. and big ups to the live at slugs strata-east joint i copped last night.

i am also a highschool dropout w/ GED and gave my 2 week notice for a GOOD reason this morning(with no job lined up)

maybe I can borrow some of your luck

Or perhaps you head some sort of federal agency?

• close. state college teacher licensure application center program management position. gb luh da kids.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    congrats man, These are the best types of come ups. College is largely a rich kids playground and gives credit who just so happened to have the pocketbook and oppotunity to go there, on the flip those without a chance to go to college get shafted by many in the real world of emplyment.

Way to prove yourself by flexing what you know and not what empty credits are attached to your resume.

Good luck in your new position.