Thursday Diggs!!!

2»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah, the LP on a whole is good - but you'll see what I mean about Mustang Sally -
    I won't give it away, you'll hear for yourself

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Gene Dozier & The Brotherhood - Blues Power

How d'ya like that version of "Mustang Sally?"

Overall a pretty smooth LP, tho...

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet. I already have a couple of their 45s (and like them).

This is definitly your type of album. I can't imagine you not liking it.

BTW your referencing of Lou Courtney yesterday made me put it on the turntable.

Best time folding laundry I've had in months

• Gene Dozier & The Brotherhood - Blues Power

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet. I already have a couple of their 45s (and like them).

What stuff, the old school Lou or his modern soul incarnation??

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Friday "diggs" actually; some lunchbreak Cheap-E's from Cheap-O's:

That Dramatics record is DOPE!!!

Way funkier & more soulful than expected.

Nice to finally get a cheap & clean OG of the Gladys Knight.

Gladys Knight + Norman Whitfield =

The comp is a fresh little Arista early 80's comp with some awesome moder/boogie -

tracks from the Dionne Warwick moder LP, Bernard Wright, Reel to Real, etc...

• Two nice walk-in's today (I only list the one's I'm keeping, store stuff I leave out) and one from yesterday that I forgot to mention:

• Great Elvin Jones Trio LP (Puttin It Together). Is your copy clean? I bought one that looked spotless and it sounded like fuckin' sandpaper when i got it home. luckily I had it on CD already....

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Gene Dozier & The Brotherhood - Blues Power

What stuff, the old school Lou or his modern soul incarnation??

Sihng-a-ling stuff

the modern soul stuff only makes me want to fuck

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Two nice walk-in's today (I only list the one's I'm keeping, store stuff I leave out) and one from yesterday that I forgot to mention:

I caught this about two months ago myself - SEALED too! Pretty nice LP - how's the other not as rare one?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Pretty nice LP - how's the other not as rare one?

He has 3 others I know about

the one from '79 would probably be best for your tastes.

I ISH'd his first one on mainstream from '73

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Jack Daugherty & the Class of 1971 LP
    Johhny 'Hammond' Smith - Soul Talk 45

• Hello M*r*in!

How do you like that mandala record? Love the "Faith" track! Still enjoying a lot of the records I bought from you.

That's it.

- J

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

the record on the bottom right is another one...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

yo chef, den LST plade ramte jeg ogs?? p?? et tidspunkt her sidste ??r, det er garanteret den samme.... solgte min til rune, tror han solgte den videre til rockorg, og nu ser det s?? ud til at du at du m??ske har k??bt den af rockorg....er jeg helt galt p?? den???
    sj??lden plade med et dope for og bag cover, men musikken.... mit g??t er at du nok ogs?? kommer til at kaste den videre i systemet.
    ....har du lyttet til den?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

the record on the bottom right is another one...

that Nine record is cool, i havent heard the Aces, late 70s release on Muse (right?)... is it good too? i always figured that Nine was his best...(?)

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    yo chef, den LST plade ramte jeg ogs?? p?? et tidspunkt her sidste ??r, det er garanteret den samme.... solgte min til rune, tror han solgte den videre til rockorg, og nu ser det s?? ud til at du at du m??ske har k??bt den af rockorg....er jeg helt galt p?? den???

sj??lden plade med et dope for og bag cover, men musikken.... mit g??t er at du nok ogs?? kommer til at kaste den videre i systemet.

....har du lyttet til den?

Yes, I'm moving The Tony Thomas Trio on to other pastures. Nondescript fusion. Second Beat are having a 50% discount january sale, so I bought a handful and got a really good deal.

That Lamont Johnson "Aces" is so-so. The title track is a nice and mellow cut, but the rest is just OK. It's not on Muse, it's on Masterscores.