Tattoo Regret

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited January 2006 in Off Topic (NRR)
Stories Please

EDIT:

Holy Crap...I had no idea there was another Tattoo thread.....my kid's going to get her first tonite....wanted to give her a perspective from someone who regretted getting one.....didn't mean to hi-jack the other thread...my bad.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i got this mississippi john hurt 4-5 years ago, and i'm still pretty happy about it.

• i got this mississipi john hurt 4-5 years ago, and i'm still pretty happy about it.

That's fantastic!

On topic. I have 13 tattoos and not a single regret (other than I wish I had more)...

• I want to get some new work done. I want some dope shit this time though from a respected artist. Any suggestions? Grime-AWR? Seen? If possible, i'd like to catch someone on an East coast tour..Southeast actually. Any suggestions? Atlanta perhaps?

• I want to get some new work done. I want some dope shit this time though from a respected artist. Any suggestions? Grime-AWR? Seen? If possible, i'd like to catch someone on an East coast tour..Southeast actually. Any suggestions? Atlanta perhaps?

Here's a suggestion: Never, ever ask for anyone's opinion on what you should get. No one else has to live with it.

If you can't figure out what you want all on your own, you really have no business getting a tattoo.

And Magic: that is a nice one. MI John Hurt is my all-time "everything's gonna be okay" music.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    i got this mississipi john hurt 4-5 years ago, and i'm still pretty happy about it.

That's fantastic!

On topic. I have 13 tattoos and not a single regret (other than I wish I had more)...

co-sign... that missisippi john hurt looks

Here's a suggestion: Never, ever ask for anyone's opinion on what you should get. No one else has to live with it.

If you can't figure out what you want all on your own, you really have no business getting a tattoo.

And Magic: that is a nice one. MI John Hurt is my all-time "everything's gonna be okay" music.

dude, i'm asking for a reccomendation on an artist to use...not what to get done

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I want to get some new work done. I want some dope shit this time though from a respected artist. Any suggestions? Grime-AWR? Seen? If possible, i'd like to catch someone on an East coast tour..Southeast actually. Any suggestions? Atlanta perhaps?

What tattoo would make me popular on SoulStrut?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I want to get some new work done. I want some dope shit this time though from a respected artist. Any suggestions? Grime-AWR? Seen? If possible, i'd like to catch someone on an East coast tour..Southeast actually. Any suggestions? Atlanta perhaps?

about a "HOTLANTA" stomach tattoo?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Stories Please

EDIT:

Holy Crap...I had no idea there was another Tattoo thread.....my kid's going to get her first tonite....wanted to give her a perspective from someone who regretted getting one.....didn't mean to hi-jack the other thread...my bad.

before the edit, i was about to ask---> is your daughter thinking about a tattoo?

guess the instinct was right.

• What tattoo would make me popular on SoulStrut?

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    i have some decent coverage. 2 regrets...but there is only one of them left to be covered up.

Watson Atkinson in Atlanta is dope.
    He really only does fairly large-scale work, though.

http://www.blndsght.com/

MADD HATR on your knuckles.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Do you regret your black band tattoo Magic?

I got this one when I was super drunk in Burien. I totally regret it.

• Do you regret your black band tattoo Magic?

i'd tap

uh... thanks dood. almost as much as i regret this one i got when i was 15.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    einsturzendeneubautenhenryrollinsraer

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Tatoos=

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

i'd tap

I'd delint

• Do you regret your black band tattoo Magic?
    uh... thanks dood. almost as much as i regret this one i got when i was 15.

Strategies against humanity?

to be honest, i had a fake i.d. and an issue of thrasher with a picture of rollins... i wasn't that into him, but thought, "whoa!".

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    A friend of mine got 2 full sleeves done over the course of about 2 years, they were all colorful etc. early last year he decided he didn't like the colors & has now got 2 arms that are probably 60-75% black Also, my ex-wife decided she didn't like her's so we got them lasered off, that cost me a bundle. I had another friend who came from a big gang family, he got expelled from school when he was 13 because he went to stay at his uncle's (head of the gang) place for a weekend & his uncle & friends got wasted & decided it would be fun to tattoo their gang logos on his face, forehead, both cheeks & neck, his mom was less than impressed & I don't think she was on good terms with the uncle for a long time after that. Anyways, I was working with this dude when he was in his early 20s & in the process of getting them lasered off (all fully covered by health insurance) & he would come into work with this painful, puffed up, red face after each laser session. Don't get me wrong, some tats can look way cool, but there are some definite horror stories too.

I had another friend who came from a big gang family, he got expelled from school when he was 13 because he went to stay at his uncle's (head of the gang) place for a weekend & his uncle & friends got wasted & decided it would be fun to tattoo their gang logos on his face, forehead, both cheeks & neck.
    holly hunter looked good in that movie though...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I had another friend who came from a big gang family, he got expelled from school when he was 13 because he went to stay at his uncle's (head of the gang) place for a weekend & his uncle & friends got wasted & decided it would be fun to tattoo their gang logos on his face, forehead, both cheeks & neck.

Yeah, the strangest thing was though, after getting all that bullshit lasered off, he was toying with the idea of getting a facial moko like the one above, go figure?? I guess there's just no helping some people.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Yeah, the strangest thing was though, after getting all that bullshit lasered off, he was toying with the idea of getting a facial moko like the one above, go figure?? I guess there's just no helping some people.
    sad story.

Although, Moko is not something you "toy around" with.

http://www.tamoko.org.nz/artists/uruora/moko.html

just sayin' tho...

i think ben stiller went a little too far as well.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I climb with a guy who's currently getting massive sleeve work done and he keeps on asking me what I think of the progress. What am I supposed to say? "Actually, the second-rate Asian imagery that is now a permanent part of your body is awfully cliched"? Guy is also married at 23 so maybe judgement is not his strength.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I had another friend who came from a big gang family, he got expelled from school when he was 13 because he went to stay at his uncle's (head of the gang) place for a weekend & his uncle & friends got wasted & decided it would be fun to tattoo their gang logos on his face, forehead, both cheeks & neck, his mom was less than impressed & I don't think she was on good terms with the uncle for a long time after that.

that is fucking terrible.

• i got a tattoo of a cornucopia on my lower back that i kinda regret ... but other than that, i like all my other shit

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    My buddy got this tattoo of a cartoon cat. The funny thing is the tail comes around from the back and it looks like that cat has a hard on. I love the tattoo but he regrets it for obvious reasons. Also, I remember reading in the paper that this dude got a fighting Irish tatoo. Problem was the artist spelled fighing irish not fighting irish. I bet that dumb ass regrets that.