New York City - I’m Doin’ Fine Now

2»

Comments

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

New York City - Hang Your Head in Shame

This song is super! Plus their outfits are so on point:

Dude with the light blue plaid is onto something

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    HANG YOUR HEAD SOUNDS LIKE TEDDY P COMING DOWN FROM A ACID TRIP,ITS HOT THOU!

• HamHam 872 Posts

that song was sampled for a biggie track right

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    singing-from-my-colon kind of voice

Does Stone Temple Pilot and Pearl Jam dude fall into this category?

I would say "yes," but from what I've seen, both of the guys you've mentioned are more about the double-handed, stoop-shouldered microphone-grabbing stance so common in exponents of the New Sincerity movement of the 90s, and what I'm talking about here is more of a single-handed, head-thrown-back, one-arm-outstretched, lord-of-the-manor type of affair. A certain sense of entitlement is required to finesse this, which I feel is lacking in both the STP dude and the Clam Jam dude.

You're talking meatloaf, cuttie.

NYC? Alright record I guess. There are fittyleventeen soul records though that I'd rather put on and are just as easy to find, but to each his own. It's just kind of ah... um...

TEPID.

(you knew it was coming)

Seriously though, cop that Smith Connection. One of the best soul records ever to my ears. I have a Warlock too, if anyone's looking for it.

• Mr Raj & Danno3000, see you in "Montreal City" (next friday I guess).

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Mr Raj & Danno3000, see you in "Montreal City" (next friday I guess).

No... tHIS fRIday.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    haha...great minds connect! check this out : http://mapage.noos.fr/dustyhandz/id13.htm

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    oh i forgot...i paid 4$ in Belmont to get that sucker up on my wall. And i sold three beats out of it. Probably the best ratio in my LP collection (Roland Kovac is close to that too...lol).

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

that song was sampled for a biggie track right

Junior Mafia... their little tribute song to Big, where they're singing "Big-gaaaaay" over the part where New York City sings "hang your headddd". Neva stop diggin', folls.

• YEP YEP YEP!

Mr Raj & Danno3000, see you in "Montreal City" (next friday I guess).

No... tHIS fRIday.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    is it bad i've never seen this record "in the field"? only record of theirs ive ever seen was the greatest hits. who wants to bless me wit a copy