so how many of you still scratch "ah" "Fresh"?

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
just curious....got my superduckbreaks back on the tables...feeling so 90's again...

Comments

• As a stress relief outlet. Still enjoyable.

Multiple copies of Fab 5 Freddy/B-Side...

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Super ducks breaks and a DJ Relm battle record, that I got when I first started battling and have loved it since, permanently sit under my left turntable in no cover between the bottom of my turntable and the overturned flight cases. They're there for quick scratching relief.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    H3>ONE/H3>H4>ONE/H4>H5>ONE/H5>H1>HOO-HAAAH/H1>

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    uh uh that dj's scratchin...word..aw yeah...hu ha ha...don't stop now

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    No, but if it appears in a song from the 80's, I'll catch that shit and go into a trance for 10 minutes.

• raise your hand if you can sing along with all of Hee Haw Brayks.

• raise your hand if you can sing along with all of Hee Haw Brayks.

Scratchy the seal

Deluxe shampoo edition

oh and how could we forget :

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    raise your hand if you can sing along with all of Hee Haw Brayks.

break record karaoke

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Bionic Booger Breaks was one of my first records which I bought after deciding I wanted to be a DJ. I still scratch a lot. It's fun and it's god for warming up.

• for years ive asked my boy ....WHY? WHY? the most played out shit ever....
    i would like to see a battle, where djs have to bring og records...NOPRE MADE BATTLE records!!!
    most of these cats cant even tell you where the shit they scratch actually comes from
    Also, no mixer with adjustable curve..just like dj miz, alladin, steve d, cash money, jazzy jeff..etc had to do.
    i recently judged a battle where dj supreme(nyc) killed it ...no pre made shit..all og records...he MURDERED THIS SHIT!!! all these snot nosed scratch nerds had no clue
    a battle where all djs have to rock like this......i will hold my breath..it will never happen

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    for years ive asked my boy ....WHY? WHY? the most played out shit ever....
    i would like to see a battle, where djs have to bring og records...NOPRE MADE BATTLE records!!!
    most of these cats cant even tell you where the shit they scratch actually comes from
    Also, no mixer with adjustable curve..just like dj miz, alladin, steve d, cash money, jazzy jeff..etc had to do.
    i recently judged a battle where dj supreme(nyc) killed it ...no pre made shit..all og records...he MURDERED THIS SHIT!!! all these snot nosed scratch nerds had no clue
    a battle where all djs have to rock like this......i will hold my breath..it will never happen

you still go to battles?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Yeah, the death of fundamentals.

But........When its time for battle, you gotta do what you gotta do to smash the competition. You have to take into account the new technologies.

Back in the day, I played Tennis for years. I started w/ a wood raquet. This scrub muthfucka who I practiced w/, purchased a big head Prince. The new tech put her over the top. There was nothin' I could say. I eventually moved to graphite as well.

• i recently judged a battle where dj supreme(nyc) killed it ...no pre made shit..all og records...he

you still go to battles?

think it was the dmc

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

that's so true, i mean just ask tony vegas about this time at the end of the 90's, that's where shit was still original...babu came up with the "blind alley" routine and all were using (at least some) original records. Now every DjCrew and their moms got their own break record with all the material fitted together nicely...ish is seriously

• just grabbed this one for the next party.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    quite a few years back I heard there was going to be a new DJ battle that you could only use OG records, it was backed by red alert I think, they where making a pretty big deal about it on the skratchpilkz board, any NYC heads know if it popped off?