Art Blakey prize Czec

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
C'mon - i never ask for stupid prize checks, but I am clueless about Blue Note stuff like this (ie without breakz).I dunno about these New York addresses and shit, but the label reads "33 1/3 Microgroove Long playing" and it has "47th West 63rd NYC" as the address. This shit ain't my cup of tea, so just wondering what this might clock in at.Thanks for any help.

Comments

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    That's the first issue, I think. If it's clean, it should fetch at least $100 on eBay.

• ilkkailkka 31 Posts
    There was 2 different (mono) pressings made in 58. The other one has the "deep groove" label, and that version is a little bit rarer. I think that the deep groove version was the first pressing.

"Vg+ copy"

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Great record!
    $100+ if it's clean and you don't sell on xmas eve or something.
    It's usually referred to as the "moanin" lp I've heard.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Thanks guys!

• Blakey kills it. Amazing record - I'd keep it.

• Blakey kills it. Amazing record - I'd keep it.

• girgir 329 Posts
    Blakey kills it. Amazing record - I'd keep it.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Listened to it in a store once, walked out with the CD. If you sell it, cop a reish or the CD.

Fuck, everyone wants me to keep it, but it's just not my bag. Don't get me wrong though - i don't think it's bad. I kinda 'like' it for what it is, but that style of jazz just doesn't grab me.

I'll be selling it one way or another.

• One day you will grow past funk and breaks and you will regret having sold it... did you pay a lot to get it?

$4

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    timeless music...

you'll regret it

• Options
    Now find A Night in Tunisia and sell it to me.

No Braeks, K.

hahahha,
    yeah i could see myself liking this in another time, but I dunno.
    I need more records that I don't listen to like I need a hole in my head right now.

If anyone wants to talk trades on this piece, feel free to PM me.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    the whole "deep groove" thing is one of the most over and misused terms on e***.