Options

Who else raps over 3's (waltz time)??

edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I am just stepping into the world of music. Was wondering about triple meter. Any good examples of raw raps over 3??

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    listen to Killer Mike's verse on Outkast's "The Whole World"

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    didnt Mikah 9 have something in 3's?

• Options
    I found that Busta - Break ya neck seems like 7/8.
    Ofcourse I found good triples on my mahavishnu orchesta record but that is from "73.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

still one of my favorite SS threads posted on account of Bam's knowledge droppings. dude is dude.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I am just stepping into the world of music. Was wondering about triple meter. Any good examples of raw raps over 3??
    I did one, but it's not that raw. It's a little raw, but more cheeky than raw.

I killed my second verse though, in a slice up teddy bear kind of way though.

• Don't have a copy of that Busta track laying around, but I'm pretty sure it'd be in straight 4. Tracks in 7 rarely make it into the limelight. 5 on the other hand is more common (Mission Impossible or Take Five). On a side note, some one was trying to say Hey Ya is in 11/8, but my buddy and I figure is straight 4 with an added measure of 3.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    but my buddy and I figure is straight 4 with an added measure of 3.

yeah, i think that's the case with a lot of these songs. they're in 4/4 with one bar that has less or more than four. that roots/q-tip cut is like that no?

urrs, isn't Mike on "Whole World" just rhyming in triplets?

• That sounds about right. Isn't it like eighth note triplets over a 4 rhythm. Also doesn't the last portion of the Cut Chemist (Chemical Calisthentics?) track on Blackalicious' Blazing Arrow bust into 6/8 that Gab subdivides by 4 or something? Could be wrong, been a while since I heard it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    some 3/4 tracks...
    gangstarr- stay tuned
    kmd- bananapeel blues
    arsonists did one can't remember the name..
    there must be tons more aceyalone etc...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    MC EIHT - Gangsta Shout Out - STRAIGHT CHECKIN' EM samples Leon Ware's French Waltz/MUSICAL MASSAGE.

Iz that waltztime? Eiht's delivery iz crazy off/on.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    arsonists did one can't remember the name..

Geembo's Theme

• there's a 3/4 track on the Black Album (jay-z) isn't there? Wit hguitars, towqrd the end of the album I think...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    there's a 3/4 track on the Black Album (jay-z) isn't there? Wit hguitars, towqrd the end of the album I think...

6/8...if you listen the drums go BASS-2-3-SNARE-2-3-BASS-2-3-SNARE-2-3...

same with all that 'kast/killer mike shit.