Rep your regional genres...

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you mean the "boss" isn't a genre?

Are we including Little Steven?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Humm... Is "GHETTO" a genre...?

In Chicago, "ghetto house" is a house subgenre, i.e. "Booty Call" and "Ride, Shake, Whip, Whip."

• Taking it back earlier than "Carolina Girls," the Piedmont has it's own distinct flavor of the blues: very complicated and synchopated fingerpicking that's as much country music as it is Delta blues. I was talking with a friend whose grandfather remebers seeing these guys at shows in Tobacco Warehouses back in the day:

Pink Anderson

he is the "Pink" in Pink Floyd, isnt he? Never have seen a picture of him...

cool stuff, thanks for the info

• Taking it back earlier than "Carolina Girls," the Piedmont has it's own distinct flavor of the blues: very complicated and synchopated fingerpicking that's as much country music as it is Delta blues. I was talking with a friend whose grandfather remebers seeing these guys at shows in Tobacco Warehouses back in the day:

Pink Anderson

he is the "Pink" in Pink Floyd, isnt he? Never have seen a picture of him...

cool stuff, thanks for the info

He was the Pink in Pink Floyd (Floyd being Floyd Council). He spent most of his life playing in Medicine Shows.

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    Yeah, he was born in Spartanburg, SC. That's actually his son in the picture.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    SD invented BOBA SHOP HOP.

EAT IT, SUCKAZ.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Now you already know that belongs to Atlantic City!
    That loser Rodney Jerkins is from Atlantic City (he's actually from the 'burbs, but he used to rep A.C). What a chump.

• South Carolina

shaggin'

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Oh yeah.
    Georgia=Crunk

YEAAHH!!!

• Connected to the skreets in Chicago.

Bart Starr -- Way To Go Homer [/b](voc, inst) . . . 12-inch . . . $7.99 (Item: 407994)
    Trax, Condition: Very Good+ View Cart
    For all of you Chicago house fans that can't get enough of the simpsons, a house tracks with Simpsons vocal samples dropped over top. (From the Soul/Funk 12-inch singles page.)

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I live by the jersey shore. So the genre would be bad cover bands. At least around here there are no places for original artists to play. Besides a few punk rock shoes and

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Sydney....

The Fairlight CMI (computer musical instrument) was the first digital sampling synthesiser. It was designed
    by Peter Vogel and Kim Ryrie in Sydney, Australia in the late 1970s.