new jersey peeps.....

axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
visiting my girl this weekend in englewood cliffs, wondering if anybody could hip me to some spots in the area..i'll gladly exchange some massachusetts spots in return..on the pm tip...thanks alot!

Comments

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    music merchant in westwood (probably 10-15 minutes from englewood cliffs) .. found a main source atom og 12" there for 1.99

• music merchant in westwood (probably 10-15 minutes from englewood cliffs) .. found a main source atom og 12" there for 1.99

dddaaammmnnn!! thanks alot!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    might want to call or check the web, i havent been there in two or three years.. hopefully it's still open.

• check out the 45 king in hackensack on main st. tons of 45's there.

to be honest, there are a few spots that are decent in this area, but your best bet is to still hit up manhattan. even though you'll pay a premium, you know you'll def come home w/ something

• check out the 45 king in hackensack on main st. tons of 45's there.

to be honest, there are a few spots that are decent in this area, but your best bet is to still hit up manhattan. even though you'll pay a premium, you know you'll def come home w/ something
    word.....thanks alot...i'm definetly gonna hit the city once, but i was really hoping to find some local/private nj stuff...also i don't have to much loot to spend, so no tsl for me.......whats up with the princeton record exchange?

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    thats about an hour and a half from north jersey and totally not worth the trip in my opinion

• thats about an hour and a half from north jersey and totally not worth the trip in my opinion
    cool..good lookin out!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY SQUIRREL HOLE HOMMIE!

j/k. but most jersey stores i know/knew are dry or out of business. if there are "spots" to be found i sure haven't found them.

like slavin said, princeton record exchange would probably be an empty handed all day trip for you. despite their prestige

which reminds me, when i was in pittsburgh i googled "pittsburgh record stores" to see which ones were still in business and one of the first sites that came up was on the prex site like "why shop in pittsburgh when you can come to the princeton record exchange?" The obvious answer being, because i'm six hours away, dick face. They even went to the liberty of giving me directions from pittsburgh to princeton. Thanks Princeton Record Exchange! Because I didn't just come from there.

so check this shit out. over two hundred cities and towns up and down the east coast that they have google rigged to hijack when you search for records in that town. Hoboken I can understand. But Waterbury, CT? how broken hearted would you be if you traveled across state lines for that store?

but i digress. back to the subject at hand - no, no records in jersey.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    there were other stores i would sometimes go to when i was in school in north jersey.. flipside records in wanaque (found a nice copy of the nineteenth whole - smilin' there for cheap) and some other store in ridgewood which i dont even remember the name of.. (nothing ever really turned up there anyway)

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    S>there were other stores i would sometimes go to when i was in school in north jersey.. flipside records in wanaque (found a nice copy of the nineteenth whole - smilin' there for cheap) and some other store in ridgewood which i dont even remember the name of.. (nothing ever really turned up there anyway)
    /S>

http://www.prex.com/music-stores/Ridgewood.html

• STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY SQUIRREL HOLE HOMMIE!

j/k. but most jersey stores i know/knew are dry or out of business. if there are "spots" to be found i sure haven't found them.

like slavin said, princeton record exchange would probably be an empty handed all day trip for you. despite their prestige

which reminds me, when i was in pittsburgh i googled "pittsburgh record stores" to see which ones were still in business and one of the first sites that came up was on the prex site like "why shop in pittsburgh when you can come to the princeton record exchange?" The obvious answer being, because i'm six hours away, dick face. They even went to the liberty of giving me directions from pittsburgh to princeton. Thanks Princeton Record Exchange! Because I didn't just come from there.

so check this shit out. over two hundred cities and towns up and down the east coast that they have google rigged to hijack when you search for records in that town. Hoboken I can understand. But Waterbury, CT? how broken hearted would you be if you traveled across state lines for that store?

why shop in pittsburgh when you can come to the princeton record exchange?" The obvious answer being, because i'm six hours away, dick face. hahahahaha..oh shit! classic right there....aight then ,i'm on a mission to find sum goods in new jeruz make u all mad..hahaha. for real though thanks for the replys!!!!!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    S>there were other stores i would sometimes go to when i was in school in north jersey.. flipside records in wanaque (found a nice copy of the nineteenth whole - smilin' there for cheap) and some other store in ridgewood which i dont even remember the name of.. (nothing ever really turned up there anyway)
    /S>

hahaha what the hell.

man their website is so ugly/awful

• yeah, the prex isn't the 'best' of stores, but it has a lot. they have a big variety of rock, jazz, and a decent hip-hop section. the soul, funk, r&b sections are a little thin, but here's the thing about them. i don't go there often b/c of the high prices, but they have good selection. i know that whenever i go there, i can always pull something out of the crates.

also, the crates under the main shelves have a lot of cheap deals. you'll be there a while looking through everything, so go at non-peak times.

45 king is a little pricey, too, but again you can pretty much guarantee you'll walk out w/ something other than dust caked on your fingers.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    how many times do you think record store owners have googled their own shops, only to find them on soulstrut, and how dudes got over on them.

• you guys probably already know about this, but if this is a repost, then this one's for the new guys.

http://www.recordstorereview.com/

it's exactly how it sounds. just check out jersey, or wherever you are or are going and this'll give you a starting point.

ha! like these emoticons

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
    RECORD SHOW JAN.14 10 TO 4PM @ FIREMENS HALL,97 PARISH DR. @ RT.23 & 202S WAYNE ,N.J. www.SHOWSANDEXPOS.COM

• RECORD SHOW JAN.14 10 TO 4PM @ FIREMENS HALL,97 PARISH DR. @ RT.23 & 202S WAYNE ,N.J. www.SHOWSANDEXPOS.COM

One of the most busted record fairs I have ever been too. In fact, so wack, its almost kinda good, cos hardly anyone goes. One or two decent dealers, maybe 10 vinyl dealers total, and about the same in CDs. Not only that they charge 6 fucking bucks for normal admission, when even the WFMU fair is only $5. Early admission is 15 or 20, I fergit. I have caught some things over the years but in general its a friggin' joke. It can be decent if there is an Edison show the next day, cos you'll get a few dealers coming down for both shows.

$??

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

yes, there are records in jersey.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
    LOL.Yeah its harder for cats like you that have big collections of heat but for me it works out.