Bill O'Reilly on Dave Letterman

d_wordd_word 666 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone see this tonight? Tivo this shit if y'all roll like that. Intense. Basically Letterman got the most serious I've seen, doggin' on Bill for going after C. Sheehan.

Comments

• Cool, it'll air at midnight down here.

Bill O'Reilly... He's a loon...? FOX TV or something... I think he was on once before...
    Republican facist ??? Always hear his name mentioned..

Please to explain him...

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    umm. ... tough one.

I'd say just check it if you get the chance, you'll get the gist of it all.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Cool, it'll air at midnight down here.

Bill O'Reilly... He's a loon...? FOX TV or something... I think he was on once before...

Please to explain him...

Bill O'Reilly is a dick but he makes me laugh. He's like the conservative Howard Stern, Acts like an idiot to get liberals stirred up. He was on the daily show busting Jon Stewarts balls. Also saw Stern on his show. Again more ball busting. Maybe I'll buy one of his coffee mugs.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Cool, it'll air at midnight down here.

Please to explain him...

Bill O'Reilly is a dick but he makes me laugh. He's like the conservative Howard Stern, Acts like an idiot to get liberals stirred up. He was on the daily show busting Jon Stewarts balls. Also saw Stern on his show. Again more ball busting. Maybe I'll buy one of his coffee mugs.

O'Reilly is another one, like some on this board, who crows on about being "independent" and then proceeds to spout utter crap on behalf of the Bush admin, corporations, rightwing thinktanks and moral majority groups, while at the same time lowering the level of debate to vein-popping rants at media-unsavvy activists or school teachers.

But his best moments are when he narrates his own racy novel on the perils of moral decline. You can get the talking book, and from the clips I've heard it's priceless. Some of the most embarrassing sex and drug talk you will ever hear this side of middle school. Quote (dealer pimp to crack ho): "Here baby, why don't you put that pipe down and get my pipe up".

He was also in big trouble for harrassing a busty producer on his show, calling her at home and making references to loofah sex. She recorded it all and got a big deal.

Once again, we live in bizarroworld over here in the USofA

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    O'Reilly is another one, like some on this board, who crows on about being "independent" and then proceeds to spout utter crap on behalf of the Bush admin, corporations, rightwing thinktanks and moral majority groups, while at the same time lowering the level of debate to vein-popping rants at media-unsavvy activists or school teachers.

Im "independent"

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

SO ARE WE

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'd tap.

• Peep the video. Oreilly gets

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Peep the video. Oreilly gets

on Cindy Sheehan:

Phil:....You can't hurt her, she's already taken the biggest punch in the nose that a woman can take.

Bill, in his infinite wisdom asks: How? Phil: She's lost a son- Bill: Oh, OK...
    [/b]

super-

who's got a link to the Letterman clip??

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Peep the video. Oreilly gets

on Cindy Sheehan:

Phil:....You can't hurt her, she's already taken the biggest punch in the nose that a woman can take.

Bill, in his infinite wisdom asks: How? Phil: She's lost a son- Bill: Oh, OK...
    [/b]

super-

who's got a link to the Letterman clip??

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    http://newsbusters.org/node/3454

partial clip and partial transcript, I could only get the clip to play half way through before timing out. the comments on that page make me want to kill bill.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    http://newsbusters.org/node/3454

partial clip and partial transcript, I could only get the clip to play half way through before timing out. the comments on that page make me want to kill bill.

Thanks for posting that. I missed the show.

It's nice to see that the war is actually slipping into mainstream debate -- into places usually set up as an aversion to such things. I bet, deep down in souls of smart people like David Letterman -- whatever their political leaning -- it kills them not to speak out once in a while on heavy issues.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Actually, Bill sonned him on this one:

Letterman: ???Yeah, but I think there???s something, this fair and balanced. I'm not sure that it's, I don't think that you represent an objective viewpoint.???

O???Reilly: ???Well, you???re going to have to give me an example if you're going to make those claims.???

Letterman: ???Well I don???t watch your show so that would be impossible.???

O???Reilly: ???Then why would you come to that conclusion if you don't watch the program????

Letterman: ???Because of things that I???ve read, things that I know.???

Yeah, Davey dropped the ball on that one.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Actually, Bill sonned him on this one:

Letterman: ???Yeah, but I think there???s something, this fair and balanced. I'm not sure that it's, I don't think that you represent an objective viewpoint.???

O???Reilly: ???Well, you???re going to have to give me an example if you're going to make those claims.???

O???Reilly: ???Then why would you come to that conclusion if you don't watch the program????

you also don't know that crack is addictive if you haven't tried it

fox news = that crack

• The thing about O'Reilly that makes him effective is he comes off tough, and together, and spitting out these supposed 'facts', when in actuality at lot of it is complete BS. But he knows that many folks will not to the follow up homework to find that out. Its very symbolic of whats going on...you only need to talk a good game, there's no reason to back any of it up...if its on TV, it must be 'true'.

F.A.I.R., Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, is a great media watchdog group that's been around for years. They (not suprisingly) have MANY articles about O'Reilly's quote/unquote 'No Spin Zone', which in itself is very 1984. Black is white and white is black. Lets build democracy by destroying it. Anyways czeck this for someone who knows a lot more than me on this...

$??

• Actually, Bill sonned him on this one:

you also don't know that crack is addictive if you haven't tried it

fox news = ass[/b] crack

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    When bill oreiley On Dave Letterman becomes one of the only places in the media where we can find some serious political discourse, I would say we are really in trouble.

I would hardly call that serious political discourse for 2 reasons. 1, becuase I don't really use big words like that, and 2, because Dave had a chance to take oreilly to task and totally dropped the ball.

It read like:

Dave: You suck.

Bill: Why?

Dave: Um, because I heard that you suck. And also, this war is crap, so you shouldn't be such a dick and stuff (audience applause).

Bill: Would you like a baseball cap?

Dave: Did you hear the one about bill o'reilly? haha! he's full of crap!

Bill: I'll only let people say "freedom fighters" if they mean fighters OF freedom, not fighters FOR freedom, unless they are talking about our brave troops, in which case I'll allow you to use Freedom Fighters without any sort of caveat.

Dave: What about FF?

Bill: No, thats not really acceptable because it stands for Fantastic Four, not Freedom Fighters. F squared is also not really acceptable because I think squares were invented by europe, which is located in France. And we replace France with Freedom, although our Freedom Fighters, be them the OF or the FOR variety, well, neither of them are actually fighting against France right now.

Dave: So if Cindy Sheehand used the term France Fighters instead of Fantastic Four when talking about insurgents....

Bill: Yes I would be perfectly ok with that. And I would give her a hat that says "no spin zone". We've been trying to market a Bill O'reilly washer dryer combo, but those haven't really been selling. Apperently the "No spin" is confusing to customers. In retrospect we should have saw that coming.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    even camron did a better job of sonning oreilly's dumb ass

• you maaaaaaaaad!

you maaaaaaaaad, bill!

I would hardly call that serious political discourse for 2 reasons. 1, becuase I don't really use big words like that, and 2, because Dave had a chance to take oreilly to task and totally dropped the ball.

It read like:

Dave: You suck.

Bill: Why?

Dave: Um, because I heard that you suck. And also, this war is crap, so you shouldn't be such a dick and stuff (audience applause).

Bill: Would you like a baseball cap?

Dave: Did you hear the one about bill o'reilly? haha! he's full of crap!

Bill: I'll only let people say "freedom fighters" if they mean fighters OF freedom, not fighters FOR freedom, unless they are talking about our brave troops, in which case I'll allow you to use Freedom Fighters without any sort of caveat.

Dave: What about FF?

Bill: No, thats not really acceptable because it stands for Fantastic Four, not Freedom Fighters. F squared is also not really acceptable because I think squares were invented by europe, which is located in France. And we replace France with Freedom, although our Freedom Fighters, be them the OF or the FOR variety, well, neither of them are actually fighting against France right now.

Dave: So if Cindy Sheehand used the term France Fighters instead of Fantastic Four when talking about insurgents....

Bill: Yes I would be perfectly ok with that. And I would give her a hat that says "no spin zone". We've been trying to market a Bill O'reilly washer dryer combo, but those haven't really been selling. Apperently the "No spin" is confusing to customers. In retrospect we should have saw that coming.
    seriously man, i hope writing is what you get paid for. this and that james earl jones/luther campbell shit had me doubled over.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    you maaaaaaaaad!

you maaaaaaaaad, bill!

"I got dirt on you man! How'd you get your start? A Current Affair? "

That was an epic level sonning. Anyone that hasnt seen it, look it up. I felt a little sorry for the principle that got dragged into the fray, but still bill got his handed to him and thats what counts.

Cam is still the only oreiley guest smart enough not to take that blowhole seriously, and thats the only attack bill cant come back from.

• Cam and Dame on O'Reilly: certainly entertaining, but it was only
    a sonning if you were already a big Cam fan.

I'm sure that to the O'Reilly fans those two played themselves.

I doubt anyone was enlightened by that "debate".

Cam and Dame had obviously prepared themselves for the quick-draw
    style of B.S. slinging and blanket-statement-making that goes on
    on that show.
    But I think they were both being disengenuous.
    They avoided a lot of questions from the principal.
    It appeared that they had little respect for the principal, even
    while trying to promote the image of themselves as community builders.

They treated it like a promo spot, and in that way I think they got over.

But what about the kids, man, what about the kids?

Cam raps about dealing cocaine and hitting women in the face.

"That's what's going on in the ghetto, I'm like a reporter".

Okay. What else is going on in the ghetto?

On the other hand, Cam could have avoided the subject of black
    elementary school children altogether by pointing out that a
    large percentage of his fanbase conisists of young white adults on the
    internets, and that 97% of people who bought Purple Haze already hated
    Bill O'Reilly.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Anyone see this tonight? Tivo this shit if y'all roll like that. Intense.

Basically Letterman got the most serious I've seen, doggin' on Bill for going after C. Sheehan.

Full Clip found here batches:

http://thepoliticalteen.net/2006/01/04/oreillyletterman

(Windows Media File)

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    When bill oreiley On Dave Letterman becomes one of the only places in the media where we can find some serious political discourse, I would say we are really in trouble.

Things ain't that bad, there's lots of real political debate on TV shows or in better newspapers. I'll even defend many of those Sunday morning shows - there's lots of great talk going on. You just gotta know where to look.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    The thing about O'Reilly that makes him effective is he comes off tough, and together, and spitting out these supposed 'facts', when in actuality at lot of it is complete BS. But he knows that many folks will not to the follow up homework to find that out. Its very symbolic of whats going on...you only need to talk a good game, there's no reason to back any of it up...if its on TV, it must be 'true'.

this is so perfectly double true..... I am afraid by how completley right on the mark this is.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    i think they played nice & smooth at the end of that letterman clip

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

anybody have a transcript or clip of this?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

anybody have a transcript or clip of this?

check youtube.com (new mantra)

• nickjnickj 53 Posts
    It's also up on O'Reilly's site.