Behind The Beat

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

he is innovative thats for sure.

I can feel this.

"he is a better producer than anyone".

I can not feel this.

It's seems like the cats that say Jay Dee is the best started listening to hip hop in 1997 when it was all going downhill.

• he is innovative thats for sure.

I can feel this.

I can not feel this.

It's seems like the cats that say Jay Dee is the best started listening to hip hop in 1997 when it was all going downhill.

well, i don't know any jay dee supporters/fans who started listening to hiphop in 1997.

he is innovative thats for sure.

I can feel this.

I can not feel this.

well, i don't know any jay dee supporters/fans who started listening to hiphop in 1997.

1998 then?

I'm the best producer ever, you dummies.

• can someone, anyone explain how they came to the conclusion that Jay Dee is the best hip hop producer?

[Dilla dick rider]Dude... STOP HATING!

He did an album with Madlib! Jay Dee is the best producer EVAR![/Dilla dick rider]

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Seriously, I think JayDee is the dog's bollocks too, but ease up on the knobslobbing, folks. Let's be fair, all the guys that are featured in the book got that crack in one way or the other. The selection represents a handful of styles that are all dope in their own way. I haven't read the book, but all this talk got me curious, so I just ordered it.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Format had that bassline before you, the above statement is so not true

nah, it's all good, dope tunes, dizzy! btw, the book seem to be noice, discussing jay dillaz status is but i still think "take yer clothes off" is one of the ultimate club records evar.....

Format had that bassline before you, the above statement is so not true

nah, it's all good, dope tunes, dizzy! btw, the book seem to be noice, discussing jay dillaz status is but i still think "take yer clothes off" is one of the ultimate club records evar.....

ooooh really? which bassline? which song? I wanna hear it!!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

It's on one of his 12"...its called "2,3,Scrape"...but I could be wrong though

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I'm the best producer easy listening remixer[/b] ever, you dummies.

It's on one of his 12"...its called "2,3,Scrape"...but I could be wrong though

I just found a clip online and i don't think its the same.

My easy listening raer secrets are safe!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

My easy listening raer secrets are safe!
    I know what you sampled for 'Got Some Teeth' remix. There are no more secrets.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Automator in the top 3?

Mario C is a producer in the true sense of the word, not the "beat making" way folks have come so quick to label one who makes slaps.

You know, like this dude

This argument is , the book is fresh, end of story.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    The book is fresh, end of story.

• whoever compiled that CD that came with the book had really bad taste. close to every song on there sucked.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    can someone, anyone explain how they came to the conclusion that Jay Dee is the best hip hop producer?

we've been through this cash

"best everrr.... better than zappa... better than coltrane... because i said... do you play the drums? i didn't think so. obey my taste"

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    can someone, anyone explain how they came to the conclusion that Jay Dee is the best hip hop producer?

we've been through this cash

"best everrr.... better than zappa... better than coltrane... because i said... do you play the drums? i didn't think so. obey my taste"

Haha - "obey my taste" needs to be added to the Soulstrut vernacular stat.

• whoever compiled that CD that came with the book had really bad taste. close to every song on there sucked.

i gotta agree..the book is nice..the cd is not..i thought it would be good too ..what is up with the doom track over numarks beat? i know doom is on sum raw ish but not that bad...

• just got this book today. nice stuff for real.

noticed thesone is in there....cheers to that holmes.

what other strutters are cold reppin?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    this thread should be put out to pasture due to superfluous graemlin usage.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    whoever compiled that CD that came with the book had really bad taste. close to every song on there sucked.

i gotta agree..the book is nice..the cd is not..i thought it would be good too
    ..what is up with the doom track over numarks beat? i know doom is on sum raw ish but not that bad...

The Doom track is actually a legit Numark remix on his meldoy 12".
    And i have to totally disagree i think Ransom picks where spot on.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    100% Incredible book.

Horrible CD.

peace.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    this thread should be put out to pasture due to superfluous graemlin usage.

• 100% Incredible book.

Horrible CD.

peace.

Ha, I'll tell Phil you said that.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    100% Incredible book.

Horrible CD.

peace.

typical...

• 100% Incredible book.

Horrible CD.

peace.

typical...

Typical that Phil would make a shit CD or typical that I would tell him...? *insert appropriate icon here*