Stark Reality

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
How hard is it to find a mint copy of "Stark Reality: Discovers Hoagy Carmichael's Music Shop"[/b] released on Ahmad Jamal's label - AJP Records, 1970...???

I need one to offer.

-

Hi Monty.

-

B.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    hahaha!!!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I got one but it's only VG++. sorry. And there's some bean dip stuck in the gatefold.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I got one but it's only VG++. sorry. And there's some bean dip stuck in the gatefold.

yum yum!

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    m-

very easy to find.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    can we make this thread a sticky?

vs.

stay off the sticky-icky

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    m-
    very easy to find.

Make my "DREAMS" come true!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    can we make this thread a sticky?

vs.

stay off the sticky-icky

Why not, I don't really care...

Send me a VG++ that's enough for me.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Didn't Sween pay $1000 during Heatrocks?

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    And who gave that up during Heatrocks?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Lambert?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Lambert?

Mongo_Slade

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Didn't Sween pay $1000 during Heatrocks?

$1000...
    Humm...humm... hit me up later...

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Yeah Dude, I think Heatrocks was your chance, don't seem to see this change hands too often.

It's on eBay a couple times a year. Usually goes for $3-500 depending on condition.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    How hard is it to find a mint copy of "Stark Reality: Discovers Hoagy Carmichael's Music Shop"[/b] released on Ahmad Jamal's label - AJP Records, 1970...???

__________________________________________________________________________________

i only know bout one encounter with this holy G around these parts which is copenhagen.
    i think it was around 10 years ago my boy dejean popped one for a dollar or so in a used records and books store called Oasen (The Oasis)
    i recall it as mint-.....

__________________________________________________________________________________

i only know bout one encounter with this holy G around these parts which is copenhagen.
    i think it was around 10 years ago my boy dejean popped one for a dollar or so in a used records and books store called Oasen (The Oasis)
    i recall it as mint-.....

actually im still having nightmares cause i have the feeling that i was in that same store a week before and passed on it.... well its 10years ago so im hopefully wrong!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Wow! hard to live with that kind of dream.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Cool... sending money right now...

Wow! hard to live with that kind of dream.

im glad that it was my boy who caught it though, ive heard that they turn up in the highlands of sweden from time to time.... i might wanna move there at some point

• recordkingz had one up online not too long ago, i think for like 300 us, dont remember as it was listed in pounds. They also had a ball of eyes lp as well but thats long as well. oh well... if only i had like 6 bills to drop

stark reality for 300????? That's the deal of deals. I've never seen it go for less than 500

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    my new years resolution is to obtain this record by any means in 2006.....

watch me bitches !!!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    seriously people..... it should be a crime to make a record that dope

COME MONTY !!!! LET ME WASH YOUR FEET !!!!!

• howcanibedown?

• One to take to the grave. Does not get old with repeated listenings. Distortion never sounded so goddamn beautiful.

$??

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    If you catch one in a sort-of-bad condition, remember, this is a loud album, so the sound only suffers, really, on quieter tunes like blue feather (which is the only "accoustic" track on there) and maybe the intros. Also, it's a double lp, so you might only have one record to hold your breath through.

Anyways, no amount of surface noise is going to stop the hammer from coming down when tracks like Dreams que up.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    my new years resolution is to obtain this record by any means in 2006.....

watch me bitches !!!

• Ha! I remember sitting in this Turkish joint talking about stark reality.
    I also remember us agreeing on the fact that its highly overrated?