Nothing but something to do

2»

Comments

• slushslush 691 Posts
    woah michael cohen. part of the gay folkways collection. or maybe its the only gay folkway

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    woah michael cohen. part of the gay folkways collection. or maybe its the only gay folkway

Calling BeardedD

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Very nice....about 99.9% I've never heard of or seen before.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

this one is pretty good...late 60's singer-songwriter semi-raer, with some casual help from Gram Parsons and Gene Clark, and the sound fits in with those two nicely. OG version of "Seven Bridges Road" is here, and one would think he could have just retired on the royalties from all the versions of that jernt.

Does anyone know if people care about this record? I grabbed a clean copy of it at a thrift, it looked promising but I remember putting the hatt on...more "krap" than "crap" I guess - I was going to offer it to AP for his private consign deal, but wasn't sure it was "private" enough...

• woah michael cohen. part of the gay folkways collection. or maybe its the only gay folkway

Calling BeardedD

Most folkways artists were "in the closet." Woody Guthrie, Leadbelly, Ella Jenkins...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Don Cooper is RADDIKAL

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    no jheri curls

• Anyone have any info on this one?

• and Hollinns and Starr

certainly

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I feel like a true lil' dude checking that spread. I doubt I'd really be into a lot of it, but I do see some titles I own that I like, such as the Last Summer OST.

But yo, someone make a graemlin out of this:

• This record is the shit: