Courtial - Don't You Think It's Time

pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Found out that my father had this one.. Love it. What do you strutters think about this LP?"Losing You" was featured on a Keb Darge comp right?God Jul!

Comments

• you dad is cool as fuk for real

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Found out that my father had this one.. Love it. What do you strutters think about this LP?

"Losing You" was featured on a Keb Darge comp right?

God Jul!

One tracker, i think.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Bay Area group. Best song is "Losing You." Justin dropped some knowledge about the group on funk45.com.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Nice! Even tho I got a few records from my mom incl. soul, funk, etc. There's was never anything in this league.
    How did that end up in Norway?

What's the rest of the album like?

God jul backatya

• God Jul!

Hvor i H****** har han funnet den i Norge, i Oslo?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Baroquely nice cover!

• Don't know man. My father has alot of LPs from the bay. He is a huge fan of San Francisco rock and psych, and has alot of records..

Found alot of dope shit..Howard Wales, all Cold Blood albums, one Tower Of Power, doubles of Sapo, Coke Escovedo and Pete Escovedo LPs, Fifty Foot Hose, all Malo & Azteka LPs, Creation and Leon's Creation, Louis Gasca, Jorge Santana, Music Of El Topo OST, A.B .SKHY LPs, Jose "Chepito" Areas LP, Shanti, Wilson Picket, Hammer, San Francisco Sampler Fall 1970 (Cold Blood, Hammer, T.O.P ++), Lights Out San Francisco - Voco Presents The Soul Of The Bay Area, San Francisco Sound (both color and black and white LPs !holy grail!), Tripsichord Music Box, Neighb'rhood Childr'n, Sweet Linda Divine, Pop Workshop, Armando Peraza - Wild Thing LP +++ alot more I can't remember..

I know he said something about the band mambers on tha Courtial record.. some of them have been playing in other famous bands? Pete Escovedo is playing congas on this one..

and this is not a one tracker!

• Euro strutters represent!

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Errol Knowles from Courtial also sang on Coke's version
    of "I Wouldn't Change A Thing"

• Euro strutters represent!

Errol Knowles from Courtial also sang on Coke's version
    of "I Wouldn't Change A Thing"
    Aha, forgot that! Nice tune!

• God Jul!

Hvor i H****** har han funnet den i Norge, i Oslo?
    Nei.. hatt den med seg fra San Francisco..

God Jul

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    It's a nice LP - the title cut is a nice slice of semi-modern style soul. The definite stand out is 'Losing you', though.

The 45 is, as probably no surprise, much louder than the 45 - the 45 on orange Pipeline, the LP label on blue.

First introduced to Keb by Malcom Catto circa 1993, on the LP format.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    What's up with M. Catto?
    He's got good taste in records!

• Someone wanted an audioclip and I skipped through the record:

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35S12YTNK01IP3JMPIHMTAJUYN

Peace

• Options
    Little bit played out IMO, but a dope tune nonetheless.

K.

• I got one fur sale....holler on los p.m's.

• My family really hooked me up w/ their records too. I got a copy of "Born In The USA," "Thriller," that ubiquitous Lionel Richie LP and a Strawberry Shortcake LP (stone mint).

Holler for trades.

• and how much is it worth?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Someone wanted an audioclip and I skipped through the record:

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35S12YTNK01IP3JMPIHMTAJUYN

Peace
    Thanks for the clip! I really liked that first song. I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    and how much is it worth?

Whut?

• What does it go for? How many $$$??????KrKrKr? Easy to find?

Sorry if my english is bad..

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Courtial - Don't You Think It's Time

Around US$70/80

I saw it go for US$75 with the 8 pages booklet and drawing in VG++, a couple of month ago.

Wanna sell it?

• Don't think my LP was featured a booklet and a drawing..

My father said he don't remember how he got it, but he think they sent him the LP because he was a music-journalist (and because that coke escovedo dude is singing on it..).
    Maybe they didn't include any booklet or drawing?

I'm not going to sell it because 1) I enjoy the record very much. 2) My father doesn't allow me to sell it..

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Aahh!!!

No probs.