Black Rock "Yeah Yeah"

DirtyBeatGuyDirtyBeatGuy 297 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone have this? Heard this song a while back - couldn't find any info on it.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I know Dante knows far more about this. I have it, it's on Select-O-Hits. Hasn't sold too much more than $50 on eBay but it doesn't pop up there too often either.

• I know Dante knows far more about this. I have it, it's on Select-O-Hits. Hasn't sold too much more than $50 on eBay but it doesn't pop up there too often either.
    Many thanks! At least now I know what I'm looking for. If anyone has a spare for trade/sale - hit me up!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Select-O-Hits has been around since the 60s, and in more recent years has put out local rap like the early Three-6 records...

At one point I thought this 45 was a good 2-sider, but its been so long since I pulled it out I don't know how I'd feel about it now...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I got my copy from OM, who still might have some? I dunno. "Yeah Yeah" is the cut to buy this 45 for. The other side is kinda in comparison, but how could you even begin to f*ck with side A?

• Yeah, I haven't heard the b-side - but the A side is why I'm after it.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I got my copy from OM, who still might have some? I dunno. "Yeah Yeah" is the cut to buy this 45 for. The other side is kinda in comparison, but how could you even begin to f*ck with side A?

That's where I got mine as well. He use to have a bunch, of course that was a couple years ago.

• I found my copy in Berlin some years ago for a couple euros. Still wondering why it turned up there.

Havent listened to it for a long while so I cant really remember what it sounds like.

Dress

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Craig M has copies at $50.
    It's blackrock btw.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Yeah, there was a bunch of those floating around a year or two ago.

Although Im curious about the groups other 45. Has anyone heard it?

• Although Im curious about the groups other 45. Has anyone heard it?

The other Black Rock 45 is by an unrelated New York-based group,
    and it's below average disco-funk with very little personality.

• "Yeah Yeah" is the cut to buy this 45 for. The other side is kinda in comparison, but how could you even begin to f*ck with side A?

What's the name of the other side? Is it titled something like "Bad Cloud Overhead?"

Because I have this iffy psych comp called Seeds Turn To Flowers Turn To Dust, with a Blackrock track that is NOT "Yeah Yeah." The song they did use definitely didn't make an impression. Why they would use the dud side of the single is a mystery to me, but I guess it's just a matter of (bad) taste.

• What's the name of the other side? Is it titled something like "Bad Cloud Overhead?"

Yes. And Yes.

• My boy works at Select-o-Hits and they still have all the master reels for Blackrock. He thought there was enough material for a whole album but the owner kept telling him they were water damaged in a fire years back. Just last week he finally got him to let him take the reels down to Sam Phillips Studio and have Rolan Janes hook them up. Most of them played fine and others they are gonna bake. He said most of what he heard is more psych/rock like the "Black Cloud Overhead" side. Not as funky as "Yeah Yeah." If all works out...they will release the whole album!

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    My boy works at Select-o-Hits and they still have all the master reels for Blackrock. He thought there was enough material for a whole album but the owner kept telling him they were water damaged in a fire years back. Just last week he finally got him to let him take the reels down to Sam Phillips Studio and have Rolan Janes hook them up. Most of them played fine and others they are gonna bake. He said most of what he heard is more psych/rock like the "Black Cloud Overhead" side. Not as funky as "Yeah Yeah." If all works out...they will release the whole album!

I have been waiting all my life to hear this. Please keep us updated on this stuff being released.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    cosiggle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• My boy works at Select-o-Hits and they still have all the master reels for Blackrock. He thought there was enough material for a whole album but the owner kept telling him they were water damaged in a fire years back. Just last week he finally got him to let him take the reels down to Sam Phillips Studio and have Rolan Janes hook them up. Most of them played fine and others they are gonna bake. He said most of what he heard is more psych/rock like the "Black Cloud Overhead" side. Not as funky as "Yeah Yeah." If all works out...they will release the whole album!

I have been waiting all my life to hear this. Please keep us updated on this stuff being released.

Wow, you heard and fell in love with the Blackrock 45 as a small child? Bad Ass!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    My boy works at Select-o-Hits and they still have all the master reels for Blackrock. He thought there was enough material for a whole album but the owner kept telling him they were water damaged in a fire years back. Just last week he finally got him to let him take the reels down to Sam Phillips Studio and have Rolan Janes hook them up. Most of them played fine and others they are gonna bake. He said most of what he heard is more psych/rock like the "Black Cloud Overhead" side. Not as funky as "Yeah Yeah." If all works out...they will release the whole album!

Wow, you heard and fell in love with the Blackrock 45 as a small child? Bad Ass!

That's how real ballers roll. Quit hatin'.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    From the cradle to the grave bitches.