A day in the life - War

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    lena horne & gabor szabo: rocky racoon

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    jimmy ponder: while my guitar gently weeps
    breeders: happiness is a warm gun

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    The Underground All-Stars - Norwiegian Wood

only song i really dig on the lp (even though they cover grab this thing and other shit i actually bought the album for)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Why Don't We Do It in the Road - Midnight Movers Unltd.

• affinity - i am the walrus
    kapt kopter - rain
    caetano veloso - help

• yo!!! loook sgood! i can do this now.plus i got some extra recors to look for in the field...thanks ebrybody

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Don Randi - 'Revolver Jazz'

Heavy jazz piano covers of the Revolver LP, including a kicker version of 'Tomorrow never knows'.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Nite-Liters - Eleanor Rigby

Don 'Sugarcane' Harris - Eleanor Rigby

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    including a kicker version of 'Tomorrow never knows'.

oooooh...id like to hear this.

• Brian Auger - A day in the life

Anyone know some dope "Lady Madonna"-covers? I??m working on one, but I??d like to hear some other people do their thing with it...

- J

• Brian Auger - A day in the life

Anyone know some dope "Lady Madonna"-covers? I??m working on one, but I??d like to hear some other people do their thing with it...

- J

I really like this version. Bluegrass boogie.

• I have an LP on Mirwood "Rubber Soul Jazz " by a group called the Music Company , all jazz covers of Rubber Soul. I believe that Fats Domino covered Lady Madonna...

• Anyone know some dope "Lady Madonna"-covers? I??m working on one, but I??d like to hear some other people do their thing with it...

- J

kingmaker on ruby trax. this comp nme put out in the early 90s of british indie bands doing covers for charity. stuff like ride covering kraftwerk -the model, blur doing maggie may, jamc doing lil red rooster, curve doing i feel love, suede doing brass in pocket, frank and walters doing i'm a believer and teenage fanclub doing mr tambourine man.

• nickjnickj 53 Posts

Cal Tjader Plugs In has a great one.

• affinity - i am the walrus

did this ever come out on wax or just on the cd reissue?

• an entire LP of Beatles songs put through the bossa mill

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

Billy Preston - Hard Day's Night
    Bar Kays Hey Jude and Yesterday
    Ramsey Lewis - Lady Madonna
    The Moments - Rocky Racoon
    Odetta - Every Night
    Black Heat - Drive My Car
    Chaka Khan - We Can Work It out
    Bill Cosby - Sgt Pepper???s Lonely
    El Chicano - Eleanor Rigby
    Ike & Tina covered both Get Back and Let It Be on Working Together

I'm surprised we're not on page 5 yet !

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    has anybody mentioned the Cecilia "S/T" album on Caytronics?

ill ass version of Dear Prudence that well worth having. Its probably the only reason you hsould have this LP

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    co-sign on the Bar Kays "Hey Jude," I forgot about that one, and it's a bangin' version. On the Gotta Groove LP.

Yes, Fats did "Lady Madonna" as well as "Lovely Rita" (which I like even better) and the "Everybody's Got Something to Hide..." cover that I mentioned earlier. The first two tracks are on this album:

and the 3rd is on one of those Warner-Reprise double LP "Loss Leader" sets, I can't remember which one right now...

Also, John Fred & the Playboys do a pretty dope version of "Got To Get You Into My Life" on the Paula LP 34:40 of John Fred and His Playboys

and there is a dope soul version of "Good Day Sunshine" by Roy Redman on the soundtrack to the late 60's UK film, The Touchables.

• I just remembered that I have an Orchestra Harlow 45 on Fania with a version of 'Everybody's Got Something To Hide (Except for Me and My Monkey)"...

• Chubby Checker's immortal version of "Back In The U.S.S.R." - not to be slept on. I don't think this was released on an album, even though the single (on the Buddah label) charted, in 1969.

(Fats Domino's cover version of "Everybody's Got Something...")is on one of those Warner-Reprise double LP "Loss Leader" sets, I can't remember which one right now...

Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies, featuring Elmer Fudd on the cover. Possibly the only triple-record "Loss Leader" set.

there is a dope soul version of "Good Day Sunshine" by Roy Redman on the soundtrack to the late 60's UK film, The Touchables.

Roy Redmond[/b]. And this was on a Warners "Loss Leader" thing too - Cookbook, which highlighted the label's black music stable as of 1976 (although there were some oldies thrown in, like Charles Wright and this particular Roy Redmond cut we're talking about). This was also anthologized on Warners' Best Of Loma Records anthology of almost ten years ago. (Loma was Warners' soul subsidiary in the sixties.)