Amsterdam strutters...help plaese

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
needing contact info for Amsterdam record dealer Lee Field. I had his contact info, but I lost it. I understand he has a new shop. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Last shop I know he owned was Kids Love Wax
    Im actually not sure if he has anything to do with it anymore.
    But I'm sure if you send [email]Craig@kidslovewax.com[/email] an email he can help you out.

peas from Masterdam.

• Here is the number for the store Kids love wax (31)020-6271600.
    hope this helps,
    peace.

• thanks!!

any soul/funk nights going on in Amsterdam Jan 3 through the 9th?

• that email adress is no longer good since craig has no longer anything to do with the store.

that email adress is no longer good since craig has no longer anything to do with the store.

really? Things move fast uh?

• dang! just sent an email.

• Tabasko, what's your loc from?

• Not much parties between those dates, but you should chek the Paradiso Friday 6th.Party is called Paradisoul it's not really a funk night but more a mix of all kinds of soulful music, chek the upper room to hear DJ Leroy..good DJ.

Tabasko, what's your loc from?

I think I read it in some online Reason tutorial

• I miss amsterdam

• Free Post

Gotta Represent Everytime Amsterdam (Triple X) Is Mentioned

• Been to amsterdam a few times, to go to that big rekkid show in Utrecht, happens 2x a year at the Jaarbeurs. That shit is bananas. HUGE. Definitely have come out of there with some nice schlitz. Met some very cool folks, the guys from Kindred Spirits/Rush Hour, hip hop dealers from Hamburg, Nick the Record, etc, etc...

Wassup with Dutch? Y'all have way too many vowels in that motherfucker. Its not news, its 'nieuws'. Veery Confuusiewing.

$??

• Last I heard Lee was changing the name of the shop.

If you get his contact info.....please please pass it along to me.

Neither his or Tacos email addresses are good.

Infact Leon's email doesnt work anymore.....whats up with those kids?

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    The shop has just ben renamed. It's now called Waxwell and Taco is still in charge. If anybodyy needs to get in touch with them I can forward your PM. We did a photo session at the shops right before x-mas because we are using a pick of the store front for the cover of the forthcoming album by Lefties Soul Connection (Amsterdam funk band and good friends with Taco).

www.leftiessoulconnection.com

Waxwell?
    Thats the third time this shop changed name.
    What is up with that?
    Maybe thats what overpriced records will do to you.

• I heard that Craig dude was an asshole to a lot of customers and they started to lose clientele, so they ended the collaboration with him and he didnt want the store to keep that name because he gave the store the name..so i guess thats why they had to change name again.

this dude took Craig's place..so now you know where all the dope records come from

• Whats that cats name.....Tim?

That guy is a class act.....took me out for steaks last time I was out there.

Was trying to hook him up with Grand Groove up in Spokane.....but lost touch.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Whats that cats name.....Tim?

That guy is a class act.....took me out for steaks last time I was out there.

Was trying to hook him up with Grand Groove up in Spokane.....but lost touch.

sjorn or shjorn ( i always mess it up)
    he is keeping lee's place well stocked !

I heard that Craig dude was an asshole to a lot of customers and they started to lose clientele, so they ended the collaboration with him and he didnt want the store to keep that name because he gave the store the name..so i guess thats why they had to change name again.

this dude took Craig's place..so now you know where all the dope records come from

this guy is some sort of a soulstrut celebrity.. I think this is easily the tenth time this pic is posted on this board.

good thing he's from our town.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I heard that Craig dude was an asshole to a lot of customers and they started to lose clientele, so they ended the collaboration with him and he didnt want the store to keep that name because he gave the store the name..so i guess thats why they had to change name again.

this guy is some sort of a soulstrut celebrity.. I think this is easily the tenth time this pic is posted on this board.

good thing he's from our town.

another fuzzy photo of the dutch man (far right)

• Isn't that Eugene (or something like that)?

• thanks for the help y'all, unfortunately my bank put a 11 day hold on the 5 digit check I deposited , so I cant get the money in time for me to go next week and next week was the only window I had for the next month or so...but I'm glad my now pointless thread has a point with the survelence photos of raer dealers.

• frankynipplez said:

Completely untrue. From what I heard the shop was originally called 'Department Of Vinyl Affairs' but was doing really badly and was about to close. Lee then approached Taco and asked if he wanted to become partners, as Taco and Craig wanted to open a record shop. The shop was then called 'Kids Love Wax' after Craig's distribution company, during the 9 month period that Craig was there, the shop did well and Lee's personal debts were cleared. Craig was the one who completely re-arranged that store which previously was a total mess and gave it direction. After 9 months, Craig and Lee were having problems as Lee was constantly buying records and taking money out of the till and not accounting for it. So Craig went to London to think about whether to continue with the store. Whilst he was out there, Lee forced him out. A bitch move, especially as he was the one who turned the store around.

After Craig left, Sjoerd was brought in to replace him. After just over a year Lee was not bothering to turn up to work and owed Taco a lot of money which he had lent him so Taco and Sjoerd then forced Lee out of the shop.

So this rumor about Craig being an asshole to customers is bullshit and probably started by Lee to justify forcing him out of the store, which later backfired as he was then forced out of the store.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    La Planete Sausage
    Kerkstraat 115
    1017 GE Amsterdam

Lee's new place.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    double post - see the number isnt working - you can pm me if you need to contact lee

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    theoneandonly said:
    frankynipplez said:

Completely untrue. From what I heardSTRIKE> the shop was originally called 'Department Of Vinyl Affairs' but was doing really badly and was about to close. Lee then approached Taco and asked if he wanted to become partners, as Taco and Craig wanted to open a record shop. The shop was then called 'Kids Love Wax' after Craig's distribution company, during the 9 month period that Craig was there, the shop did well and Lee's personal debts were cleared. Craig was the one who completely re-arranged that store which previously was a total mess and gave it direction. After 9 months, Craig and Lee were having problems as Lee was constantly buying records and taking money out of the till and not accounting for it. So Craig went to London to think about whether to continue with the store. Whilst he was out there, Lee forced him out. A bitch move, especially as he was the one who turned the store around.

After Craig left, Sjoerd was brought in to replace him. After just over a year Lee was not bothering to turn up to work and owed Taco a lot of money which he had lent him so Taco and Sjoerd then forced Lee out of the shop.

So this rumor about Craig being an asshole to customers is bullshit and probably started by Lee to justify forcing him out of the store, which later backfired as he was then forced out of the store./STRIKE>

Wow, from what i heard you spend a lot of time talking about other peoples business on the internets.

I was in both Waxwell and Le Planet Sausage today, as always, everyone who works in these stores are cool.

Doei.

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    To get the 'record' straight: Waxwell is run by Sjoerd & Taco & they have Leon (Delay Yen) working for them. Really nice & honest folks who travel around the world to pick up unique records they sell in their store & on some of the bigger conventions in Holland. I heard Lee is also still selling records somewhere in Amsterdam. I bought records from him in the past that are at least 5-8 times more expansive nowadays. He had some incredible stuff some 7-8 years ago...he's a really cool dude as well.

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    To get the 'record' straight: Waxwell is run by Sjoerd & Taco & they have Leon (Delay Yen) working for them. Really nice & honest folks who travel around the world to pick up unique records they sell in their store & on some of the bigger conventions in Holland. I heard Lee is also still selling records somewhere in Amsterdam. I bought records from him in the past that are at least 5-8 times more expansive nowadays. He had some incredible stuff some 7-8 years ago...he's a really cool dude as well.