A question for all my WHITE soulstrutters.....

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Hey there white soulstrutters! Who else's dad had an afro back in the day? I know my dad did! And he had a big beard too, so his whole face was like a nose and 2 eyes sticking out of a ball of hair!I suppose if he had straight hair he would have looked like a hippy, but my dad has curly hair, so he was straight up rocking an afro.Sorry black soulstrutters, your dads don't count. this for my WHITE-FRO DADDY HAVING STRUTTERS!wooo hooo!and yes, I'm pretty fucking buzzed right now.

Comments

• Sorry, straight-haired hippie dad.

no

• hell yes pops had a fro for years. afro pick and all that. wish i could post pix but no scanner at the crib. peace, stein. . .

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Sorry, straight-haired hippie dad.

no

My dad's pre-hippy. side-parting all the way.

• Betuco, Joan
    circa '71-'72

Nope. No fro here. I'm the one with the afro. Recessive genes I guess. My dad is not white, but my mom is so I thought I would be welcome to post. Thank you and good evening.

Buddy Rich & Fam

• yo taza, is your pops famous? peace, stein. . .

• Only in Mexico.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    My pops was rocking a very loose afro in the 70's. His hair has mysteriously straightened out since then.

• Only in Mexico.

veo. lo que es el famoso para?

paz, stein. . .

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    wasnt dude in buddy rich's band?

• He's pretty well known as a guitar player. He was a studio player in LA back in the 80's. I remember picking him up from the Capital Records building when it had studios in it. He played in many jazz bands and did the club circuit. I've met many famous players but I didn't know nor care. Now that I'm older I'm in awe. Harvey Mason is the first name that comes to mind. I even got to meet Flea because they used to jam together in the clubs. A guy from Oingo Boingo too. Latin percussionist. He left the States in the late 80's and now has a jazz bar in Mexico City but I'm yet to go there. Been stuck in the U.S.A. Stranded.

• wasnt dude in buddy rich's band?

Yup

• yo. L.A.X. to mexico city $198 round trip foll. what you waitin for? peace, stein. . .

• yo. L.A.X. to mexico city $198 round trip foll. what you waitin for? peace, stein. . .

You serious? Holy shit. You're right.

• I thought only Jewish people could rock fros?

YT can't rock a fro can he?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Oooooooooooo, let me be the first black dude to post in this thread, YAY!!!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Oooooooooooo, let me be the first black dude to post in this thread, YAY!!!

first brown person guilty of doing the same let's hijack this sheit!

• Oooooooooooo, let me be the first black dude to post in this thread, YAY!!!

First Arab, second brown person. And my dad rocked a fro.

• i'm picturless, but my pops had a white-guy fro...not really a fro, but his hari so curly it became a white-dude fro when in the 70s he wanted it "long" or shaggy. but no, in no way was my dad a hip soul brother...cars, motorcycles and classic rock!

• Oooooooooooo, let me be the first black dude to post in this thread, YAY!!!

uh, wouldn't taza one be the first brown person to post in this thread? i mean, his dad's from mejico and all...

i don't know if my dad ever had an afro. i think i might be the first person in my family to even have music as a major part of his life. most white dudes with afros probably like music a lot. my whole family is on some other shit. i wish i grew up in a house full of professional musicians. or at least one.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

my dad had a 'fron back in the early '70s, and, looking back, the best part was he would try to part it, so that it looked like he had a sandy blond pac-man on his head.......

• girgir 329 Posts
    my dad had a fro back in the day. but before that when the beatles were all huge he was always so mad that he didn't have straight hair to have the mop top of the fab four.

• Sorry, straight-haired hippie dad.

no

My dad's pre-hippy. side-parting all the way.

co-sign. My dad went to UC Berkeley 'before it went "downhill"'. (his words)