Trap Door - Mystery Mix...(ohmygodrelated)

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I would just like to bump this thread up to say GODDAMN... dude... Chris... after spending some time major stoned in the rental whip.... and then playing the shit oh, five or six times in the shop yesterday... I threw it on again just now and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up yet again. Shit is a MONSTER.

Everyone must own this

I was surprised how contemporary a few of the songs are.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    I would just like to bump this thread up to say GODDAMN... dude... Chris... after spending some time major stoned in the rental whip.... and then playing the shit oh, five or six times in the shop yesterday... I threw it on again just now and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up yet again. Shit is a MONSTER.

Everyone must own this
    cosign. this mix is the TRUE definition of

ive been bumping it at work the last few days. i find its one of those things that the more i listen to it , the more i wanna listen to it.

I need to know what that psych track is where they talk about "flowers"...a melter forshertain.

i havent heard the whole thing. but i checked out a soundclip and i think the track youre referring to is impala syndrome - love grows a flower

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Everyone must own this

...vinyl is still available, y'all - ordered mine from
    dis-joint tuesday night, it was here today! 36-hour shipping:

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I need to know what that psych track is that has those funky as hell horns and spooky ass vocals[/b]

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

Everyone must own this

I was surprised how contemporary a few of the songs are.

The last song definitely sounds not-too-old but then I could be wrong.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

...vinyl is still available, y'all - ordered mine from
    dis-joint tuesday night, it was here today! 36-hour shipping:

Young boss Vinnie Esparza is ON IT.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    bump one more time, I picked this up when I was out in SF last weekend. Absolutely jaw-dropping...big ups to everyone involved. And yeah that Impala Syndrome track is

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    shit is off the meatrack.. i need this one.
    is it still availiable on vinyl?

im going to Portland next week. is it any place in Portland where I can find this record?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    glad this post was re-upped. one of he links to the first mix is still active.
    incredible mmusic.
    just mind -blowing. i am sooo late w/ this but whatevar.

• huge co-sign.
    huge co-sign.

i made the trip all the way to the groove merchant twice to seek this and then found it at the local shop back in Chicago...........

coooool chris is kool.

i do wish i had one of them OG prototypes that i got to listen to prior to it's reissue but then i would also rock the t-shirts with the artwork now.

that too is sick for a micks

B-SIDE! iz soooo right i play it on loop

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    i ordered my copy today via ebay, i also ordered the disjointed 2 lp..

by the way you guys should check out these two mixes:

DJ Format - European Vacation

Madlib - Mind Fusion Vol.2

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    well shit...i slept on this. is the LP still available? everywhere i've checked it's sold out. i need this in my life.

• well shit...i slept on this. is the LP still available? everywhere i've checked it's sold out. i need this in my life.

I think Groove Merchant still has some copies. I can check sometime this week. Drop me a PM if you'd like me to pick up a copy and mail it to you.

• well shit...i slept on this. is the LP still available? everywhere i've checked it's sold out. i need this in my life.

I think Groove Merchant still has some copies. I can check sometime this week. Drop me a PM if you'd like me to pick up a copy and mail it to you.

i am also in dire of a copy of this... drop me a pm wen u find out wahts up at groove merchant
    would b very appreciated

• turntable lab had them last week

• turntable lab had them last week

i only seen cds available there this evening/... dammm
    anybody ?
    i need to get ahold of a copy so i dont have to beat myself up over sleepin on this for so long

• koopskoops 10 Posts
    track one...........all i need is the name for track one...
    well that and a new microwave.

please thank you please

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    #10 is Baris Manco - G??n??l Dagi (1972)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Bump... Yo, is there artwork for Trap Door II Mystery Mix? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-dropit.gif" alt="" 21

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So the art for Volume 1 is the same as Volume 2?b,121b,121Hi Tony! Check your PMs in a few...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    oh, theres a new one?b,121b,121i sleep i sleep

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Trap Door II is the one Dis-Joint put out, with this cover:b,121b,121 img src="http://www.dis-joint.com/images/TrapDoor_Front2.jpg"1 b,121b,121b,121are you thinking of Trapdoor, the original mix they made, which is really good, but is probably the lesser known of the two?

the one with arzachel on it?b,121yeah thats #1b,121b, 21phew...if i got caught sleeping on a new trap door id think very little of myself. one of my favorite ever. i actually bought 10 copies of the cd and LP to give to people on their birthdays

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Well I have two mixes in my iTunes labeled "Trap Door." One starts with Can "Vitamin C" and ends with the JK & Co "Fly" song - 19 tracks in total. b,121b,121Then I have another mix labeled "Trap Door II Mystery Mix" - 16 tracks in total, but all of the titles are marked with strange symbols. This is the mix that has the cover of "In The Rain" on it.b,121b,121Anyone care to clear up my confusion? I've had these mixes since they've first been released and I'm just getting to them, so I want to make sure all the information is correct in my iTunes (I'm extremely fastidious about labeling MP3s if you haven't figured that out yet hahah...)

yeah thats right.b, 21never heard of artwork for the first.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    can to JK is the first one. You've got them labeled right.b, 21b, 21I couldn't find the artwork online for number 1, but I have the cd, so if nobody can find it I can scan it for you.

can you hook me up with that too?b,121thanks

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Does Volume 1 start with that "Suzie Creamcheese" dialogue? I have a burned copy of it that I've had since forever, but I think I Sharpie'd it wrong.

ok, i see afreaka, dennis olivieri, mantlepiece, pierre henry...
    whats the girl with the cross?
    dope cover

herm..yeah, thats the one