Garth Brooks is a sack of shit

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
That's all.

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    You forgot to mention that he's fat

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I liked him on SNL. haha

trent reznor alter ego raer

• being a turd =

• what kind of camera do you have?

• Garth Brooks > Siro_Gragner

• That's all.
    he's just a sensative dude.
    peace, stein. . .

Vince Gill is a tub of lard.

• Garth Brooks is a sack of shit...and a tub of lard...and also obscenely wealthy. Really, I can't say I care for his music all that much but he's one of the shrewdest businessmen in the music business. I lived in Nashville for school from 1998-2001 and I heard that he got more in royalties from his album sales than even Michael Jackson. Even being "retired" now and not releasing new music he's still making business moves and making a lot of money. Not that making money is what it's all about but he made music he loved and made a ton of money doing it so I have to respect that. He basically made the music industry his bitch for the decade of the 90's.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i worked in a record store in NZ in the 90's, Garth Brooks came to town, this was New Fucking Zealand, he might have well been been the master of the universe judgeing from the general publics reaction, NOONE COMES TO NEW ZEALAND so he did a cd signing in our store, it was scheduled to be 1 hour long, the queue of brooks bunnies went down the street as far as i could see, there were literally thousands of diehard country music lovin, mullet wearing inbreeds waiting to see their god. so we had a police cordon, the works. anyways, Garth Brooks stayed until the last person left, he was there for over 6 hours, he took time to sign anything these inbreeds wanted signed, my boss wanted only cds brought in his store signed and Garth shut him down, fucker was signing newspapers! whilst all this was going on, his wife at the time walked in on me smoking a spliff upstairs with some coworkers, she was mad cool about it, laughing saying, Yeah, long day huh? the last guy in the line was a homeless dude who just joined a line, crazy shit, dude smelt and looked like he climbed outta a swamp, Garth gave him a wad of money, turns to me and says, "can we finally take of my CD please, thats just too much Garth".

over 6 hours dudes, yeah the guys mad cheesy, but after seeing that, i vowed to stick up for him. dude is dude.

Too much Garth. classic.

• i worked in a record store in NZ in the 90's, Garth Brooks came to town, this was New Fucking Zealand, he might have well been been the master of the universe judgeing from the general publics reaction, NOONE COMES TO NEW ZEALAND so he did a cd signing in our store, it was scheduled to be 1 hour long, the queue of brooks bunnies went down the street as far as i could see, there were literally thousands of diehard country music lovin, mullet wearing inbreeds waiting to see their god. so we had a police cordon, the works. anyways, Garth Brooks stayed until the last person left, he was there for over 6 hours, he took time to sign anything these inbreeds wanted signed, my boss wanted only cds brought in his store signed and Garth shut him down, fucker was signing newspapers! whilst all this was going on, his wife at the time walked in on me smoking a spliff upstairs with some coworkers, she was mad cool about it, laughing saying, Yeah, long day huh? the last guy in the line was a homeless dude who just joined a line, crazy shit, dude smelt and looked like he climbed outta a swamp, Garth gave him a wad of money, turns to me and says, "can we finally take of my CD please, thats just too much Garth".

As shitty as some celebrities can be, that's amazing. Seriously, I give him his due for that.

Thanks for posting up, that was a good story.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    i worked in a record store in NZ in the 90's, Garth Brooks came to town, this was New Fucking Zealand, he might have well been been the master of the universe judgeing from the general publics reaction, NOONE COMES TO NEW ZEALAND so he did a cd signing in our store, it was scheduled to be 1 hour long, the queue of brooks bunnies went down the street as far as i could see, there were literally thousands of diehard country music lovin, mullet wearing inbreeds waiting to see their god. so we had a police cordon, the works. anyways, Garth Brooks stayed until the last person left, he was there for over 6 hours, he took time to sign anything these inbreeds wanted signed, my boss wanted only cds brought in his store signed and Garth shut him down, fucker was signing newspapers! whilst all this was going on, his wife at the time walked in on me smoking a spliff upstairs with some coworkers, she was mad cool about it, laughing saying, Yeah, long day huh? the last guy in the line was a homeless dude who just joined a line, crazy shit, dude smelt and looked like he climbed outta a swamp, Garth gave him a wad of money, turns to me and says, "can we finally take of my CD please, thats just too much Garth".

over 6 hours dudes, yeah the guys mad cheesy, but after seeing that, i vowed to stick up for him. dude is dude.

Too much Garth. classic.

...backs up other stories that I've heard about Garth. Not only that, but as fromage as the Chris Gaines Cd was, that was a pretty serious left step for him to make. Going out on a limb just because he fucking wanted to, and it pretty well killed off half of his fans, but he didn't seem to care. Seemed to be doing it because he just really wanted to, and that is art for arts sake. You honestly couldn't pay me to listen to his music, but I'd have a beer with him easy.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Too much Garth. classic.

Referring to yourself in the third person is not a sign of humility though. Listen to Flomotion, he knows. Back in the 90's didn't Brooks try some shit about trying to get the RIAA to put a tax on second hand vinyl? Too much Garth indeed.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

• Seeing as how the man hasn't had a hit since 29 BC, why would you consider him a threat? Somebody must be powerful bored, 'cause that's like starting a thread called "THE SPICE GIRLS SUCK DONKEY DICK," or "HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH HAVE GOT TO GO."

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    For halloween, there was a dude around my way who dressed as a cowboy with a darth vader mask....

darth brooks!

• "THE SPICE GIRLS SUCK DONKEY DICK," or "HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH HAVE GOT TO GO."

how about the j geils band is a bunch of assholes?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    "THE SPICE GIRLS SUCK DONKEY DICK," or "HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH HAVE GOT TO GO."

You take that back!
    Best bar band EVER. You just mad they're better than your hometown hero, the Boss.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I liked him on SNL. haha

yea he was ok on SNL better than Al Sharpton and Trump

I give Garth a smidgen of credit for not just running on empty and touring endlessly with nothing to say, but I still hate him for his stance on used CDs.

That dude could charge $49 bucks a head, just play "Friends in Low Places" for 15 minutes and people would STILL line up for his next tour doing the same thing. What can you do?

• alot of you guys will blab about any goddamn subject if it is posted up on here... this is SOULSTRUT and you muhfucks got diarrhea of the goddamn keyboard for some 90s country bullshit.

i just sayin...

• "THE SPICE GIRLS SUCK DONKEY DICK," or "HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH HAVE GOT TO GO."

You take that back!
    Best bar band EVER.

specially the first two albums (and dont even talk to me about that "Freeze Frame" business)

• I dont really have an opinion of dude..but that new commercial he is in with Santa is kinda gay..in a homoerotic kinda gay way.

not that there is anything wrong with that.

alot of you lurkers who contribute NOTHING on a daily basis[/b] will chime in with more nothing[/b] about any goddamn subject if it is posted up on here... this is SOULSTRUT and you muhfucks gotta swing on the dicks of everyone on here.[/b]

i just sayin...

SORE COOCHIE IN YOUR STOCKING?[/b]

"THE SPICE GIRLS SUCK DONKEY DICK," or "HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH HAVE GOT TO GO."

You take that back!
    Best bar band EVER.

specially the first two albums (and dont even talk to me about that "Freeze Frame" business)

I celebrate their entire catalog up to and including the single "Love Stinks".

• pipe it, shitface. you know i am right. this thread looks like a textbook example of why this webboard is starting to suck.

You take that back!
    Best bar band EVER.

I celebrate their entire catalog up to and including the single "Love Stinks".

one thing that has always confused me about them is the cover of "Full House"...the card hand on the cover isnt a full house

pipe it, shitface. you know i am right. this thread looks like a textbook example of why this webboard is starting to suck.

eat balls, turkeyfuck.
    What have you ever done to make this board NOT suck ass?

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot about your moment in the sun, "Mel_Gibson's last 25 posts".

YOU DON'T COUNT[/b]

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    turkeyfuck.

lovely holiday word how about prime ribfuck or just ribfuck?