Shoe Stores in Tokyo...

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Any suggestions? what japan-only nikes are burning a hole in the floor?....My girl's over there and I have her searching for some air maxes or something I'm unable to attain in NYC.

Comments

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Don't know what to tell you. Tell her to go to Harajuku and scope them places out. You have a lot of stores here that send out "agents" (bums) to buy the latest limited shit and then sell it at their shops for $$$. I wanted a pair of the Tokyo 35th anniversary adidas but I lost out and now I can only find them at these shops at double the price.

If you don't mind shelling out loot then Harajuku is probably the best place. Otherwise if you just like to get something nice then advise your girlfriend to check out ABC Mart, Asbee, Step to Step or any other chain stores. They most often get limited, funky niceness but you have to be at the right spot in the right time.

• I hope pics get posted

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    One more thing. One other good place to check out is the Ameyoko district near Ueno station.

• Speaking of Tokyo...

I'm headed there for a few days tomorrow...

I always only shop in Shibuya, but what are some good, cheap, used record spots, not in Shibuya?

Thanks in advance...
    Peace...
    Mimizu

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    You should hit up the chain of stores called "CHAPTER", there's one in Shinjuku with a nice selection of limited edition Japanese kicks. It's right across from the WENDY's close to the south exit of JR, near all the Disk Union's....

Also Kabukicho (Shinjuku) has a couple of cool little stores, just walk around! But if you have limited time, UENO and HARAJUKU have the dope selections, watch out for bootleg shits tho (especially in UENO).

peace.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Speaking of Tokyo...

I'm headed there for a few days tomorrow...

I always only shop in Shibuya, but what are some good, cheap, used record spots, not in Shibuya?

Get a book called "RECORD MAP" from Tower and start diggin' and finding stores... I've completed most of TOKYO from that book and Shibuya's got nothing on these other stores bro... good luck!

peace.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Chapter is not that dope...

It's all about ATMOS.

ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS

• Atmos colorways are, to pilfer a colloquialism, that piff. Next thing I'm doing is a pair of custom Air 180s from the Nike site. Fuck paying out the chute for deadstock when I can make whatever I want(to a point, of course).

• this is a good spot if you are looking for older/used kicks that have become harder to find. crazy selection (a lot of it is on consignment) but they only take cash:

http://www.k-skit.com/

i think the blk/neon grn air max 97's just got retroed over there

• slushslush 691 Posts
    not to be a dick but asking for shoes stores in tokyo is like asking for roller coasters at six flags

same with record stores in tokyo

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    atmos opened a store on 125th st recently........

http://www.atmos-tokyo.com/talk/atmos_nyc/index.html

• i think the blk/neon grn air max 97's just got retroed over there

Yep. I don't think they are getting a release stateside though.