ankle breaking

ankle_break_aerankle_break_aer 19 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Allow me an introduction..I'm new to records relatively speaking but music per se is familiar to me and I enjoy it greater than the actual medium that it's recorded on. so, I dont hate on a cd over lp nor do I salivate for original this or that or worse, truckle to inveigling sychophants espousing the truth on certain genres. cognescenti are already aware of the deal and therefore symphathize with those of you afflicted with little dude complex - a crippling disorder that renders your style and taste silly and wack for lack of a better word. Where your coming from I can see though, respect (no ayro) but do some pushups and throw away your po-mo soul. The banter on the forum is highly enjoyable. Many of you have developed online personalities which are quite humourous, intelligennt, cantankerous and close-minded --- due to political affiliations. that said, it's my opinion that ss has far too many notRR threads and as a lurker for multiple minutes I find the paradigm shift over the years slightly dissapointing. just to be clear, I dont spend my 9 to 5 here but lets be clear - this forum is indeed superior in terms of laughs, drug-induced armchair wisdom and *secret-digging-spot* disclosures.musically i like what some of yall call black music. 'back in the day when i was young, im not a kid anymore .... ' but still listen to what i used to listen to and look fwd to posting about all that. still in my 20s, my face still melts.as i mentioned, im new to the turntable and its function, specifically i have a problem with the needle. somehow its missing or someone heisted it in a vain attempt to prevent my sounds from flooding the air. If I take it to a record store I might get the 'easy, we can fix it for 30 plus parts and labor'. whereas im hoping someone here has better advice. Basically, how can I replace the 1 inch part the needle is part of? Is it possible to buy this and do-it-yourself.best regards players and playees

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Allow me an introduction..

I'm new to records relatively speaking but music per se is familiar to me and I enjoy it greater than the actual medium that it's recorded on. so, I dont hate on a cd over lp nor do I salivate for original this or that or worse, truckle to inveigling sychophants espousing the truth on certain genres. cognescenti are already aware of the deal and therefore symphathize with those of you afflicted with little dude complex - a crippling disorder that renders your style and taste silly and wack for lack of a better word. Where your coming from I can see though, respect (no ayro) but do some pushups and throw away your po-mo soul.

The banter on the forum is highly enjoyable. Many of you have developed online personalities which are quite humourous, intelligennt, cantankerous and close-minded --- due to political affiliations. that said, it's my opinion that ss has far too many notRR threads and as a lurker for multiple minutes I find the paradigm shift over the years slightly dissapointing. just to be clear, I dont spend my 9 to 5 here but lets be clear - this forum is indeed superior in terms of laughs, drug-induced armchair wisdom and *secret-digging-spot* disclosures.

musically i like what some of yall call black music. 'back in the day when i was young, im not a kid anymore .... ' but still listen to what i used to listen to and look fwd to posting about all that. still in my 20s, my face still melts.

as i mentioned, im new to the turntable and its function, specifically i have a problem with the needle. somehow its missing or someone heisted it in a vain attempt to prevent my sounds from flooding the air. If I take it to a record store I might get the 'easy, we can fix it for 30 plus parts and labor'. whereas im hoping someone here has better advice. Basically, how can I replace the 1 inch part the needle is part of? Is it possible to buy this and do-it-yourself.

best regards players and playees
    Welcome. That post was cool.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    so you're saying you dont own a single record?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm confused.

• Allow me an introduction..

I'm new to records relatively speaking but music per se is familiar to me and I enjoy it greater than the actual medium that it's recorded on. so, I dont hate on a cd over lp nor do I salivate for original this or that or worse, truckle to inveigling sychophants espousing the truth on certain genres. cognescenti are already aware of the deal and therefore symphathize with those of you afflicted with little dude complex - a crippling disorder that renders your style and taste silly and wack for lack of a better word. Where your coming from I can see though, respect (no ayro) but do some pushups and throw away your po-mo soul.

The banter on the forum is highly enjoyable. Many of you have developed online personalities which are quite humourous, intelligennt, cantankerous and close-minded --- due to political affiliations. that said, it's my opinion that ss has far too many notRR threads and as a lurker for multiple minutes I find the paradigm shift over the years slightly dissapointing. just to be clear, I dont spend my 9 to 5 here but lets be clear - this forum is indeed superior in terms of laughs, drug-induced armchair wisdom and *secret-digging-spot* disclosures.

musically i like what some of yall call black music. 'back in the day when i was young, im not a kid anymore .... ' but still listen to what i used to listen to and look fwd to posting about all that. still in my 20s, my face still melts.

as i mentioned, im new to the turntable and its function, specifically i have a problem with the needle. somehow its missing or someone heisted it in a vain attempt to prevent my sounds from flooding the air. If I take it to a record store I might get the 'easy, we can fix it for 30 plus parts and labor'. whereas im hoping someone here has better advice. Basically, how can I replace the 1 inch part the needle is part of? Is it possible to buy this and do-it-yourself.

Welcome, I could not get past the first pararaph of your post.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I'm confused.

dont be. he used the word "cantankerous" and that is all good man.

• Welcome, I could not get past the first pararaph of your post.

He's trying to look smart by using big words.

• Allow me an introduction..

Welcome, I could not get past the first pararaph of your post.

Really...can we get a "what the fuck?" graemlin???

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    truckle to inveigling sychophants

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    cognescenti are already aware of the deal

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    buy a new needle

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    cognescenti are already aware of the deal

no ayro!

• truckle to inveigling sychophants

The word truckle[/b] makes me laugh...tee hee!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Fantastic! Plaese to post more...

• Well, I'm just a lil dude, but it sounds like you just need to buy a new stylus which should be easy to replace.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I'm confused.
    how many multiple minutes have you been lurking?

• You think there are too many NRR posts but don't even know what a stylus/cartridge is?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• to hommie's comment: im not smart. I own a single record however. my question centered on the feasibility of replacing the cartridge? when there is not a needle in the first place. not like it's worn out, it's just missing. Thought maybe this would require surgery on a grander scale, albeit new arm whatever. I'll definitely post an update anyways.

yo, Guzzo: Judging your body language it seems you took the mod soul thing personally. Just playin, Im sayin. That's number one. Number two, if you like that good look Macy's gear I'll send you a couple gift certificates I got for birthday. to peace-

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    if you try too hard, they will smell you out and annihilate you. be easy.

no matter what, it sounds like you have to buy a new needle (this is the missing one inch part right? is that what you're saying?)and it sounds like you may not know your way around a cartridge, so spend the money, get a new needle and very nicely ask the person behind the counter to show you how to assemble it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Wow, I really do wonder what goes through peoples minds when typing posts.

PCP, maybe.

Welcome. This entertained me and my little dude to some degree. I do decree, my sweet Jenny Lee.

On PCP.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    who's alias is this?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    who's alias is this?

• who's alias is this?

I broke my ankle.......

Don't look at me.

• ..saying..I am new to ss but I've met some of you while busting real world moves and no love has been unrequited thus far. Thanks for the suggestion Ms. Bassie, as well as the info. Appreciatively,

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    DUDE